Anyone running with an affliction off spec have any sweet spots that you've found work well for both specs? I don't have UVLS/wushoolay and thus I've found affliction out damaging my demo play on single target/cleave by quite a lot. I'm debating between 8097 haste or going for more of an affliction breakpoint at 9778, I've just been going full haste lately which still works very well for affliction but might hurt my demo spec without having UVLS.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    My council vid is. It was our first kill and quite a lot has changed since then, but it's largely the same.
    Awesome thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    I have yet to see any convincing evidence the doomguard is suddenly gaining casts from haste, seeing the typical 17-18 casts per summon. Does anyone have any logs where your doomguard is getting more casts off?

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    My council vid is. It was our first kill and quite a lot has changed since then, but it's largely the same.
    What do the people doing 350k+ dps on council doing to get those kind of numbers? I've watched lots of vids and most of the vids the dps is mediocre, so it's hard to figure out what could be better.

This is my log from last night http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2350&e=2797

One thing I noticed during the fight was when I was switching targets to toc to refresh corruption my imps would switch too, which caused a delay in casting firebolt. The frequent switching of the imps caused enough down time to make me to run out of fury. Mind you I'm fury starved and I have 20+ imps surrounding me... felt awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    I have yet to see any convincing evidence the doomguard is suddenly gaining casts from haste, seeing the typical 17-18 casts per summon. Does anyone have any logs where your doomguard is getting more casts off?
    Same here.

---------- Post added 2013-05-22 at 11:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Darkith View Post
    What do the people doing 350k+ dps on council doing to get those kind of numbers? I've watched lots of vids and most of the vids the dps is mediocre, so it's hard to figure out what could be better.

This is my log from last night http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2350&e=2797

One thing I noticed during the fight was when I was switching targets to toc to refresh corruption my imps would switch too, which caused a delay in casting firebolt. The frequent switching of the imps caused enough down time to make me to run out of fury. Mind you I'm fury starved and I have 20+ imps surrounding me... felt awkward.
    /shrug.

I haven't really looked into it, but it seems largely dependent on how lucky you are with Lei-shen procs. I've yet to get an attempt on council where I have 100% crit dooms up (even with EA glyph) on 4 targets. Most of the time I end up with normal dooms on some of the targets just because Lei-Shen doesn't proc.

Anyone have any tips for doing the ice walls on H Durumu as Demo?

Another quick question - is there an updated opinion on using soul fire in meta and if so, when to use it?

I see the simcraft opener uses ToC not soul fire (perhaps so that they can stay in meta for the entire duration of DS and in later burns with more fury you'd use Soul Fire). At the moment I'm still largely using ToC other than occasionally when in DS under execute conditions, when something needs to die now / I don't think I'll be able to spend my fury in time before it dies, or on council of elders or another such fight where you have almost unlimited demonic fury. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Gremory1 View Post
    Another quick question - is there an updated opinion on using soul fire in meta and if so, when to use it?

I see the simcraft opener uses ToC not soul fire (perhaps so that they can stay in meta for the entire duration of DS and in later burns with more fury you'd use Soul Fire). At the moment I'm still largely using ToC other than occasionally when in DS under execute conditions, when something needs to die now / I don't think I'll be able to spend my fury in time before it dies, or on council of elders or another such fight where you have almost unlimited demonic fury. Any thoughts?
    If you're doing the opener "properly" you should be able to stay in meta the entire duration of DS while using all if not most of your Soulfire procs and end with barely any fury (in my experience anyway since no free imps for dat extra fury with UVLS). But it's only possible to do so with 2PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkith View Post

If you can sit in melee assuming your RL/strat allows it, you can VR to refresh, all corruptions to full, then ToC to fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Banawani View Post
    If you can sit in melee assuming your RL/strat allows it, you can VR to refresh, all corruptions to full, then ToC to fill.
    It's going to be more DPS unless you have them all briefly lined up to ToC rotate anyway. The highest parses likely just got procs spread out in such a way that they were able to maintain crit doom the entire time on all targets; if you do the fight enough you will get it. Even with bad luck 250k should be doable though and 350-400 through when Sul dies.

Do wild imps scale with haste now?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, in the sense that they cast their 10 bolts faster. But they don't get additional casts, so basically it should make little to no difference, except maybe for a little bit more bursty fury regen while the 5 imps are up.
    Surutcra@EU-Hyjal (Arcturus#2484)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    Nope, still 17 on my logs from last night, even with Heroism up.

Spam GC on twitter about the Doomguard thing.

Deleted
    yeah same, 17-18 bolts spammed while its out.

Quote Originally Posted by thelm View Post
    Anyone have any tips for doing the ice walls on H Durumu as Demo?
    Make sure you have 2x chaos waves ready for when the walls come up. Keep an eye on your ice wall timers and make sure not to use hand of guldan within 15/30 seconds of icewalls coming depending on current stacks.

Ice walls come up. Dark soul (If you use on pull it should be up for 1st walls), meta, AoE curse of elements, immo aura , chaos wave x2, harvest life. Once you have to start moving you can run around in Meta with Immo Aura up and use Touch of Chaos on the boss, or void ray ice walls if they are dieing slowly. If you have no fury, you can just run around with hellfire. Considering making a video of this soon.

---------- Post added 2013-05-23 at 11:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gremory1 View Post
    It's going to be more DPS unless you have them all briefly lined up to ToC rotate anyway. The highest parses likely just got procs spread out in such a way that they were able to maintain crit doom the entire time on all targets; if you do the fight enough you will get it. Even with bad luck 250k should be doable though and 350-400 through when Sul dies.
    With crap luck I pulled around 260k yesterday on council. The best luck I have had was during a LFR council, managed to get 100% crit dooms on all targets for the whole fight, pulled 360k dps. Council is really all about getting procs when you need them
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

@Kink For aff offspec you can run a full haste demo setup (esp if you have a hydra trinket) wheras the 8097'ish > mastery seems to like destro better until somewhere past 530'ish ilvl where aff will take over on paper. Really comes down to what your raid comp needs more for an offspec. Going full haste pre 14K (or w/e it is) on demo isn't that big a loss and sometimes is a gain at certain haste points.

In general though I'm seeing higher in practice results going above 8100 haste to around 10.6K haste with the rest to mastery. Its just past 25.00% unbuffed haste where something gains another tick or something (though I don't see it in any tables). Sims (530-1) confirm this impression jumping me up about 3K-4K @530ilvl EA+imp glyphs UVLS/2pc SVC grimoire most fights. From there to my max possible haste (right at 12K) dps steadily declines but the peak seems to be somewhere around 10.6-10.7K haste with the rest to mastery.

I'm trying to get into Demo, as it seems more useful than Destro on certain fights. Now, my experience is limited, and a couple of details have come up during training:

Corruption: my main issue atm seems to be Corruption dropping off, especially on multiple targets (i.e. Council). I am using EA Glyph for that fight, yet somehow it seems they're always about to fall off. I tab around with ToC during meta to refresh it on all targets, but that leaves hardly any time to burn SF procs. I tried VR, but it's very hard to get the right positioning in. Am I doing something wrong there? Also in general regarding Corruption, I have been popping into Meta to refresh it when it's about to fall off, even without trinket procs (it happens sometimes, when there's no procs up for a while), then popping back out immediately. Is that correct, or should I just not bother with the fury expenditure and refresh it by recasting out of meta?

Soul Fire: I have t15 4pc and so I've managed to stay in meta on the pull throughout DS, even spending MC procs. But I'm still a bit unclear on what to do outside of DS - should I just not spend MC procs at all in Meta unless DS is up? Should I bank MC procs for when DS is about to come off CD, or should I just continue using them while out of meta?

Pet: Am I correct using Felstorm/Wrathstorm on CD, even on single targets (saving it up when AoE is needed, of course)? What is the verdict on GoSup vs. GoServ atm? I've seen conflicting reports, with some people swearing by Serv, while other say the difference is small enough that the ease of not having yet another CD to track is worth it. Does the value of GoServ increase disproportionately if there is on-demand AoE (think Ball Lightnings on Lei Shen)? Is GoSac used outside of Council at all?

Deleted
    Corruption does very little damage, i wouldn't stress too much about it, 80-90% uptime should be fine. MC procced soulfire in meta does better DPS and better Damage per Fury than ToC does. Try to pool like 8 procs for DS, otherwise you can use them for fury generation or with good int procs when you are like +600 in fury. I think every Grimoire is pretty even single target, GoSac might take the lead with high ilvl gear, GoServ and GoSup are better for AoE fights. Since GoServ has 2min cooldown, you can line it up with DS everytime.

For felstorm/wrathstorm in single target, it's probably best to use it on every CD. It has 45sec CD and with RPPM you can't predict procs and it's probably not wise to save every third felstorm for DS since you lose 30sec(2/3 felstorm CD), everytime you do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    @Kink For aff offspec you can run a full haste demo setup (esp if you have a hydra trinket) wheras the 8097'ish > mastery seems to like destro better until somewhere past 530'ish ilvl where aff will take over on paper. Really comes down to what your raid comp needs more for an offspec. Going full haste pre 14K (or w/e it is) on demo isn't that big a loss and sometimes is a gain at certain haste points.

In general though I'm seeing higher in practice results going above 8100 haste to around 10.6K haste with the rest to mastery. Its just past 25.00% unbuffed haste where something gains another tick or something (though I don't see it in any tables). Sims (530-1) confirm this impression jumping me up about 3K-4K @530ilvl EA+imp glyphs UVLS/2pc SVC grimoire most fights. From there to my max possible haste (right at 12K) dps steadily declines but the peak seems to be somewhere around 10.6-10.7K haste with the rest to mastery.
    Thanks, I also assumed the same thing with the 8097 breakpoint being more hybrid for a destruction off spec. I'm really just going to have to play affliction more until I get UVLS.