[QUOTE=Nephrenka;22459804]When you have significant mastery/int/haste modifiers and alot of demonic fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    2. Assuming no Glyph of Imp Swarm used AND my on-pull rotation is: HoG>Corr>Fel Flame>Service: Felguard>Command Demon>HoG>Meta>Doom>Doom -> Should I cast Demon Soul during this rotation to beef my initial pull dots and Felstorms at expense of less Meta uptime during Demon Soul OR delay it to gather more Demonic Fury, but making my initial Dooms and Felguards weaker?

Precast SB -> Grim:Serv -> HoG -> Corruption -> SB/SFx2 (MC proc dependent, basically wanting to ensure you clip the second HoG) -> Dark Soul/Gloves/Racials -> HoG -> Meta -> Doom x2

Felstorm is off the GCD.
    Should precast SF especially if you have the 2pc t16. I also personally do corruption b4 HoG but either way there is no way its a big dps difference (I do it b/c my understanding is corruption takes a second to tick and I want to get a enough time to get both HoGs off with a little time in between b4 my UVLS procs and I need to go to Meta to do doom x2).

As for the guys question #2 I would like to know the answer myself. I have been thinking the answer is to do the opener without DS and pop out of meta basically right after the second doom. Then sit in caster form for prob 4 or 5 nukes (save up some molten core charges - pop a few SFs off until I get the 2pc to proc and then pop meta/DS/int procs and do a full burn). Now, I have 5 people on conq token in my taken so I may unfortunately not have to worry about this issue for a little while but does holding off on DS in order to do a full proper burn make sense as without imp glyph and 2pc t15 I wont be able to stay in meta the entire time anymore.

Edit - forgot all about my other trinket than just uvls. with what I said above by the time I did pop back into Meta the trinket would prob be on CD (going with bindings here as that is what I am shooting for). So, taking that into consideration I just may take GoServ, no imp trinket, pop DS right b4 Hog x2 and just pop out of meta once for like 2x SF casts then pop back into meta.

Either way would love to hear some pro demo locks thoughts on opening post t15 2pc.
    Last edited by Hatelocker; 2013-09-19 at 03:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quick question on UVLS.

My guild started raiding pretty late into 5.3 so we only managed to get Lei Shen down three times before 5.4, and no UVLS drop. This means I've been stuck with the LFR version of it for about 3 months now. We're doing SoO normal now (up to boss 6) and it doesn't look like we're going to be going back to ToT again, which means I'll never get a better version of UVLS.

Basically what I'm asking is there a way of keeping the same dps (or doing better) without using UVLS at all? No matter which trinkets drop, should I really be sticking with this old ilvl 510 trinket for the rest of the tier? It feels kinda wrong, and to be honest I'm getting a little bored of a playstyle almost entirely dictated by a 4 sec RNG proc, so if it's still the only viable way to play demo in this patch I may decide to switch spec
    Last edited by mmoc2503427504; 2013-09-19 at 10:11 PM.

I've been wondering the same as Olorout, stuck with LFR UVLS, very unlikely to ever run ToT again and I'm not the biggest fan of my gameplay to be based on a 4s window.

I'm at 531 ilvl and running Shado-Pan 2/2 with the UVLS and it feels like any SoO trinket is going to be better than LFR UVLS just so I can focus more on other fight mechanics rather than on a extremely short proc that more often than not happens at the wrong time.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I wouldn't bother sticking with UVLS if it was less then Heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrenka View Post
    Thanks Zevoa. Really making me feel great.

Hey demonologists, I got a quick question. I got a WF frenzied crystal of rage tonight http://www.wowhead.com/item=105323 and I was wondering if I should use it instead of my TF breath of the hydra(ilvl 536). I will most likely use it at council type fights such as fallen protectors and the klaxxi, but at this point, I'm not sure whether the proc alone is worth it for anything less than the aforementioned fights. Just how good is this trinket, exactly?

Deleted
    Last night, was doing norushen 10 heroic, we had 3 20 million wipes and one 10 million wipe. I changed to demo in the middle of the night 'cause the hunter in my guild was saying that pets were less affected by the corruption damage reduction and I'm gonna be the first to get purified and I'm only getting purified once, which means by 20-30% I have full corruption already (we were getting 10 corruption per manifestation). Given such low wipes, I obviously need to squeeze every tiny bit of dps I can. I was thinking of going with a full mastery setup on my gear, I don't have any version of uvls. Do you guys have any suggestion, if is it worth it playing demo with my gear on that fight? Having also in mind I'm probably more proficient as affliction

Deleted
    Sorry for not reading all of this thread I normaly play Affli and Destro but now I want to change for affli and demo off spec for aoe heavy fights. I have UVLS normal and Wusho normal or Hydra normal.

So what is the current stat priority for demo with UVLS? Haste>Mastery>Crit? would be cool as this is quite compatible with affli

Quote Originally Posted by Selaiah View Post
    Sorry for not reading all of this thread I normaly play Affli and Destro but now I want to change for affli and demo off spec for aoe heavy fights. I have UVLS normal and Wusho normal or Hydra normal.

So what is the current stat priority for demo with UVLS? Haste>Mastery>Crit? would be cool as this is quite compatible with affli
    9800 haste > mastery > haste > crit is what you want to play Affli/Demo

Trinket choice is personal. Wushoolay is more powerful than Hydra but if you arent lucky, you'll never see it in line with UVLS proc with a 10/10 stacks. I personally use UVLS/Hydra: more safe, less rng, strong opener.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrenka View Post
    My Normal TF UVLS procs very regularly and the spec plays pretty fluid with it. When I underperform is not up to the trinket but up to me messing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepharoth View Post
    Last night, was doing norushen 10 heroic, we had 3 20 million wipes and one 10 million wipe. I changed to demo in the middle of the night 'cause the hunter in my guild was saying that pets were less affected by the corruption damage reduction and I'm gonna be the first to get purified and I'm only getting purified once, which means by 20-30% I have full corruption already (we were getting 10 corruption per manifestation). Given such low wipes, I obviously need to squeeze every tiny bit of dps I can. I was thinking of going with a full mastery setup on my gear, I don't have any version of uvls. Do you guys have any suggestion, if is it worth it playing demo with my gear on that fight? Having also in mind I'm probably more proficient as affliction
    I believe the main difference on that fight is that imps are unaffected by your corruption (like they were unaffected on jin). Without uvls, you won't have nearly as many imps and you may be better off as affliction.

Do pets ( Imps / Felguard / GoServ Felguard ) or DoTs ticks ( Doom / Corruption ) makes Nazgrim gain extra rage during Defensive Stance?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    The 8400 breakpoint its pretty useful gives +5 doom(if not mistaken) ticks under heroism+meta. On fights where hero is done on pool this can give superior DPS as one gets a super buffed doom for 1:30sec

and its only +300 than the 8100 point so imo its worth it, ToT had some fights where hero was done on pull like the bird and the eye boss, SoO for HC I dont know yet
    where do you get the 8400 number at i dont see that anywhere on the spreadsheet

Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    Calc it out yourself. Although, when I calculate out what he's getting at (9 ticks per minute with raid haste, meta, lust) I get somewhere around 11.3k haste. Maybe hes talking about with Lifebloom? That would come out to 8500 haste.

I've always talked about pull breakpoints for opening burst as Demo. Last tier, during progression, I almost exclusively used the 12386 breakpoint - 11 ticks per minute with berserking, lust, meta, and raid haste. Worked well for me.
    Last edited by Xyronic; 2013-09-20 at 11:45 PM.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)

so with bl,raid haste, meta, lifebloom, berserking whats a good haste point then for demo? i wouldnt even know where to begin to do the calcs.

i ran 18K+ with gosac in t15 but have since dropped down to 8100, just wondering if there is a better point @ a little more then i am currently at
    Last edited by weakdots; 2013-09-20 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodianni View Post
    Do pets ( Imps / Felguard / GoServ Felguard ) or DoTs ticks ( Doom / Corruption ) makes Nazgrim gain extra rage during Defensive Stance?
    Only spells APPLIED by the PLAYER during defensive give him rage. Pets and guardians do not.

i was really impressed with some demo lock on my server doing like 300k dps on some fights instead of my 170-190k as aff/destro. i was wondering how i might be able to incorporate aff/demo into specs or is it too hard to get them without reforging. for trinket choices i got lfr breath, lfr UVLS, and shadow pan assault double upgraded.

5359 haste 11463 mastery. character is http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Altoice/simple

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but I'd like to throw in that Corruption on the Sha of Pride encounter does not work on guardians, making Demo a very favourable spec especially on heroic mode, where boss mechanics are, of now, ignored (as they are not worthwhile and result in less overall dps) and the boss is basically one big patchwerk. GoSac yielded nice results, and, to clarifiy: the guardian imps and doomguard will do their full dps no matter how much corruption you have.

Also, I do not understand OP's post about extra corruption ticks not being worthwhile as such because you refresh with Touch of Chaos. Unless I misunderstood, it seems OP has not understood how extra dot ticks work this expansion. Just wanted to point this out, my apologies if I am mistaken and have wrongly read.

Secondly, I would like to add that using DG below 20% is not always the better option. The execute is not THAT amazing, and in some cases it may in fact be better to use DG at the start with BL and all the procs possible, especially if you cannot 100% guarantee a full maximized uptime of the DG with cooldowns and procs later in the fight.
    Last edited by Cirque; 2013-09-21 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    Also, I do not understand OP's post about extra corruption ticks not being worthwhile as such because you refresh with Touch of Chaos. Unless I misunderstood, it seems OP has not understood how extra dot ticks work this expansion. Just wanted to point this out, my apologies if I am mistaken and have wrongly read.
    OP is in Blood Legion, fairly sure he knows how DoTs work.

Extra corruption breakpoints are indeed pointless because you refresh via Touch of Chaos. This does not mean that Haste for Corruption is pointless, this means that it's pointless to aim for specific levels of Haste in the hope to gain a magical DPS increase. You won't get a sudden jump in DPS once you hit the breakpoint, but rather a linear increase in DPS as your Haste goes up.

The DoT gets shorter with the ticks closer together, until the breakpoint is hit and it returns to full duration with an extra tick included. Since we're refreshing automatically with Touch of Chaos, there is no sudden increase at a breakpoint compared with any other point of Haste.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    Not sure if it has been mentioned, but I'd like to throw in that Corruption on the Sha of Pride encounter does not work on guardians,
    You mean Norushen btw, not Sha =)

Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    The spreadsheets dont support meta+heroism, but its there on AMR or if you calculate it yourself on the spreedshet