Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    You never gem Expertise because of Hits scale factors, you gem them because of Haste / Crit / Mastery scale factors. You aren't gaining extra hit from gemming hit over int, you are gaining other secondary stats that you no longer have to reforge because you can't have more then 5100 hit....

If you are reforging 3k crit to 3k hit, and then you add an extra 3k expertise through gems, you aren't gaining 3k hit rating, you are gaining 3k crit.

Hits scale factor is useless if you are debating expertise over int, you need to look at the stats you are actually gaining.
    The point being if you gain a higher ratio of secondaries to int from gemming expertise and putting a reforge elsewhere then you do vs. gemming secondaries + int, then it's a gain. Not sure why she plotted hit but the relevant concepts are there.
    <Duality> Zul'jin 7/7 Mythic

Furty
    | Ciri | Badwolf | Furtysmage​ | Furtylol

Twitter | Twitch - Streaming Challenge Modes, Mythic Raids, and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    The point being if you gain a higher ratio of secondaries to int from gemming expertise and putting a reforge elsewhere then you do vs. gemming secondaries + int, then it's a gain. Not sure why she plotted hit but the relevant concepts are there.
    That is pretty much what he is saying already..

I cannot have put it better, zinnin.

Apparently Immolation Aura was nerfed 15-16% from the start of 5.4. Not sure when that happened because there is no note for it, didn't notice it until I started updating my spreadsheet and the numbers were off.

Apparently Immolation Aura was nerfed 15-16% from the start of 5.4. Not sure when that happened because there is no note for it, didn't notice it until I started updating my spreadsheet and the numbers were off.
    It was a first week hotfix, 20% to immolation and hellfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    It was a first week hotfix, 20% to immolation and hellfire.
    I am aware that it was nerfed 20% the first week, I'm saying that IA is doing 15-16% less on live then it should be after the 20% nerf.

I am aware that it was nerfed 20% the first week, I'm saying that IA is doing 15-16% less on live then it should be after the 20% nerf.
    Yay stealth nerfs. Probably some issue then with their database when it comes to them making patchnotes when it comes to meta abilities due to the way they're changed from the basic spell. Void Ray nerf was probably intended too then.

I was kinda suspecting that since mannoroth fury isn't as strong as it sounds
    Last edited by Xephyria; 2013-10-19 at 08:47 AM.

Void ray's cost went up 100% along with fel flame's cost but I never noticed its damage....probably because its awkward to use at best when it did let you maintain a DF income from multiple corruptions. Now its just a fast way to flush DF for aoe damage that is pathetic in terms of what ele/warrior/etc get. TLDR haven't used it much in 5.4 as its cons stack rapidly.

Mechagnome
    Anyone got a Simc list that compares demo, affli and destro in BiS gear? can't seem to find it anywhere...
    CPU: I5 2500K @4.5ghz (1.285v), CPU cooler: Corsair H100 push/pull GPU: MSI R7970 Lightning @1200Mhz, Case: Corsair 650D, Ram: 16GB Corsair vengeance, Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, PSU: Corsair TX650M, SSD: Samsung 830 128GB, HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB SPU: Xonar Essence STX

Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    Anyone got a Simc list that compares demo, affli and destro in BiS gear? can't seem to find it anywhere...
    The only one I've seen so far was posted by Sparkuggz on his website, here.

Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    Void ray's cost went up 100% along with fel flame's cost but I never noticed its damage....probably because its awkward to use at best when it did let you maintain a DF income from multiple corruptions. Now its just a fast way to flush DF for aoe damage that is pathetic in terms of what ele/warrior/etc get. TLDR haven't used it much in 5.4 as its cons stack rapidly.
    Yeah, Void ray was going to be obsolete in its use due to our 4Pt16 as it was, so they put a double DF cost on it to seal the deal! lol

I need some help.

Valefar's Armory

For some reason I feel like my DPS took a step back after some upgrades I obtained. I opt to go for the 13K break point for the shadow flame tick and I'm certain I didn't sacrifice too much mastery. Unbuffed, I'm sitting on 12178 mastery and 13794 haste. I don't have logs at the moment, but I definitely feel a little off. Maybe I sacrifice too much primary stat to obtain the extra tick?

Next Shadowflame tick is at 14873 haste. Something we should probably only consider in close to full heroic BiS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Next Shadowflame tick is at 14873 haste. Something we should probably only consider in close to full heroic BiS.
    I'm under the impression an upgraded PBI means you aim for a 13772 number assuming raid buff. Am I misreading that?

Messed with 15K haste for the shadowflame tick BP and it definitely helps DF generation. Plus you get shadowbolt casts off between hazards much easier. Though now you are generating DF faster than you typically have trinket procs to spend it on or enough MC charges. This is at 572ilvl. Sims say its a gain (vs 8100 haste > mast > crit > haste) where my mast was around 16K and crit around 9K. To hit that point I had to gem haste vs mastery which is 9x orange, 4x yellow, 3x green.

15k shadowfury breakpoint is ~14k dps increase over that 8100 breakpoint for me in single in simc. Tried both in our Paragon HC progress and 15k definitely felt much better and did more damage with that. And in that fight you swim in fury and gain more molten core procs you can spend.

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatTM View Post
    I'm under the impression an upgraded PBI means you aim for a 13772 number assuming raid buff. Am I misreading that?
    The character screen still has to say the exact number of the cap or above (can't remember what it is, but you need 15k haste for 15k cap even if you have the PBI equipped), the character screen is updated if you equip / unequip the trinket.

Therefore you'll need 13772 haste in your character screen WITHOUT the trinket equipped for that to be true.

Is Demo still viable at 560ilvl gear for heroics progression?

There are not very many people playing it, as evidenced by my world 9 H Malorok kill. I like it on Malkorok for the increased mobility and splash damage on the adds.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/gmxo1...rd/?s=84&e=422