I was hoping to get some gearing advice...mainly stat priority. I am currently raiding heroic 25 man. 567 ilvl. I Main destro, but would really like to play demo.

here is my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...terlock/simple

I have a couple pieces of gear i could sub in if the 4pc isn't necessary:
    HWF Protector's chest
    WF IJ Pants
    561 KTT - I use for destro, i know it's not currently equipped on my armory.

My question is this... which stat priority should I go for:

14.8k haste > mastery
    8.1k haste > mastery > haste > crit
    8.1k haste > mastery > crit

Thanks in advance for your time and advice.

10+ Year Old Account
    4pc is basically essential for Demo for Fury single target, and the Chaos Waves for AE. I'd stick with 8.1k haste > mastery > crit as it works better for the most fights (as Zinnin explained a couple of pages back) and because it's better for off-speccing to Destruction. In terms of trinkets, BBOY is a little ahead in theory, but I'm finding KTT is much more user friendly, especially for multidotting - my choice was between N BBOY and Hc KTT though, so your WF BBOY is probably going to be better than the normal KTT.

Thanks for the fast reply Jessicka, I appreciate the advice. I really am not a fan of BBOY...hate trying to time spell casts properly in the last couple seconds of proc.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's much easier to plant a Doom than a Chaos Bolt on that last stack

lol very true...those last second LGM procs can screw you over. I kinda feel like i'm listening to lottery numbers being called out while the chaos bolt is traveling through the air.....no whammies...no whammies.... :-p

10+ Year Old Account
    Damage is calculated on when the cast finishes, not when the projectile strikes; should help with that.

<-----Noob

P.S. Thanks for ruining my game! :-p

1. Dark Soul: Knowledge
    2. Grimoire: Felguard if talented
    3. Glyph of Imp Swarm if Glyphed
    4. Summon Doomguard

Do i use only with trinkets and during meta phase and then normal rotation for fury build up. Is a 4-PC set mandatory for this?
    Last edited by Darkrayne2013; 2014-02-19 at 06:53 AM.

Is there an effective way to track 4 pc procs with weakauras or something similar? A sound effect would be awesome (although it's not like it procs very often :P, sure doesn't feel like 8%)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Signals-ZJ View Post
    Is there an effective way to track 4 pc procs with weakauras or something similar? A sound effect would be awesome (although it's not like it procs very often :P, sure doesn't feel like 8%)
    I use tellmewhen for it i can link the code for that in a sec i can prolly make a WA for it real quick if you use that

TMW
    Code:
    ^1^T^SType^Sbuff ^SName^SEmber~`Master ^SShowTimer^B ^SEnabled^B ^t^N62602^S~`~| ^Sicon^^
    WA
    Code:
    duJVbaGEevTlKsVgryUOOzdQBIK62OQDIsTxYUf1(rI(js4VOKFtXqruAWifdxL6yQ4CczHisEmclgPQLl4HiQ8uOLPQEUIMisLPcyYk10LCrKKdRKll11rfBuKggv1Mvy7iI2gqNMsFwO(oQ03eXjrHrRkgpIuxcrXTujxdKZtvAAuzCQspJQyDeGqRqg5QdJfrZKbHjpzI3nmml8zTnCzrxZBYwIutOSfNDlCk8tRpTqc5fUfUfGWHjxOL8Ty)Dc325n8YlwlcsmfsMBHWM1wacdg4wac55axwbOsLkHEPymMDP0KVpe4RlkYtY5KC(AC5Efg6yRjd49UfAjmzH2TqhzjNWkyJJ7GaeMx89uaI9riv803bkPH61S6GkvcjnfJXSlLEbgbbbbb(DqEabpqFnUCqc5A31Jsbp(U3K)Rl6aM8F9OXLduyMdpqWgh3HPyFe(024NsPGE8H8D)e3pkkY5704YbkKWyG3gUzrkvcxcqiv803bkPH61S6Gqg5QdJfrZKbHjpzI3nmml8zTnCzrxZBYwIutOSfNDRsijf7J74Rsca
    Last edited by dawawe; 2014-02-27 at 04:21 PM.

I think the gap between 15K haste and 8.1K haste, with and without imp swarm glyph is about 2.5K dps on 400K'ish between any permutation of them. In other words well within the noise of RNG. So seriously play what you enjoy and what works the best for your raid comp/playstyle. From what I can tell demo wants the 4pc more than 2pc with 3x HWF though its nowhere near as addicted as destro to the 4pc.

Doom snapshots are easy...even the 500%'ish ones. Unloading those meta soulfires is trickier when mechanics don't cooperate though leap is still the most under rated dps ability demo has. ToC is more reliable so going 8100 haste > M > C > H will net better real world for stuff where you can't always plant and soulfire even though its the biggest output on paper. 15K haste feels much more fluid in terms of DF generation but you need to be able to dump those soulfires when the trinkets proc which isn't always the case when the game wants to fling poo at you at inconvenient times.

Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    I don't recommend going for a doom point unless it is fairly close to a shadowflame breakpoint, 13153 isn't a good haste point to pick. If you aren't going up to 14.8k I would recommend going down to 8.1k
    Your armory has you right below that 8064 tick. :P

What's people's opinion on BBoY vs KTT in a raid environment? I feel BBoY can be punishing during movement with Meta CD from Shadowflame snapdotting and casting proper amount of Soul Fires (>4) with movement. Also Doom being as clunky as always it feels odd to play BBoY just for that reason. I know BBoY wins on paper by a big margin but it might lose value to KTT in practice just like how ppl don't like using BBoY as Destro.

I guess I'm mostly curious how people actually handle BBoY procs as Demo. ^^;;
    Last edited by Bonkura; 2014-03-09 at 02:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Was in the middle of switching some gear around, then I got lazy and logged off hah

Hey guys, long time lurker first time poster. Im currently a 568 ilvl demo lock looking to improve my DPS. I haven't been able to record my own logs so I have been fortunate that I have been able to get in pugs that record and post public logs.

Previously, I had noticed that my doom and corruption uptime was very low so I have been working to improve uptime's and maintaining buffed corruptions and reapplying doom with nice procs (with the use of aff dots of course.). I have also made improvements to my UI to utilize WA's to show DS:K duration as well as 2-set bonus procs, and LMG and jade spirit activations.

Since I am unable to post logs quite yet, you can find a few recent attempts at 568 ilvl in a recent 25N pug i was in with Grand Illusion -Mal'Ganis US. I had never done 25 man before so it was definitely a slight change for me

If someone could perhaps look over some of these logs and perhaps fill me in on what else I could improve on?

I have had a very difficult time transitioning to destro this tier and decided its much better for me to improve on a spec I enjoy to play rather than try to learn something new. I'd appreciate any advice on ways to improve; thank you in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post

What's people's opinion on BBoY vs KTT in a raid environment? I feel BBoY can be punishing during movement with Meta CD from Shadowflame snapdotting and casting proper amount of Soul Fires (>4) with movement. Also Doom being as clunky as always it feels odd to play BBoY just for that reason. I know BBoY wins on paper by a big margin but it might lose value to KTT in practice just like how ppl don't like using BBoY as Destro.

I guess I'm mostly curious how people actually handle BBoY procs as Demo. ^^;;
    KTT feels significantly easier to use, but BBoY just performs better for Demo even though it can be a little awkward to use - and that's comparing Normal BBoY with a Heroic KTT. Not getting Multistrikes from all your minions is a pretty big deal.

isnt the whole point of playing demon to get a doom out with a high bboy proc that gives you a high crit chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Not getting Multistrikes from all your minions is a pretty big deal.
    I hadn't even fought of that haha.

Quote Originally Posted by adezero View Post
    isnt the whole point of playing demon to get a doom out with a high bboy proc that gives you a high crit chance?
    Sure, but on some fights your Doom damage will be lower. Mainly Immerseus, Galakras & Spoils.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanorala View Post
    Hey guys, long time lurker first time poster. Im currently a 568 ilvl demo lock looking to improve my DPS. I haven't been able to record my own logs so I have been fortunate that I have been able to get in pugs that record and post public logs.

Previously, I had noticed that my doom and corruption uptime was very low so I have been working to improve uptime's and maintaining buffed corruptions and reapplying doom with nice procs (with the use of aff dots of course.). I have also made improvements to my UI to utilize WA's to show DS:K duration as well as 2-set bonus procs, and LMG and jade spirit activations.

Since I am unable to post logs quite yet, you can find a few recent attempts at 568 ilvl in a recent 25N pug i was in with Grand Illusion -Mal'Ganis US. I had never done 25 man before so it was definitely a slight change for me

If someone could perhaps look over some of these logs and perhaps fill me in on what else I could improve on?

I have had a very difficult time transitioning to destro this tier and decided its much better for me to improve on a spec I enjoy to play rather than try to learn something new. I'd appreciate any advice on ways to improve; thank you in advance!
    Broad questions like this are better suited for the Fix my DPS thread found here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ORE-POSTING%29

If you have specific Demo questions to ask feel free to post them here, but we can't clutter this thread with general DPS tips and advice even if they are for when you play Demo.

Deleted
    So i finaly decided to swap to demo as affliction became boring after all the cheesy gameplay was discovered.

anyways i have some questions that i werent able to find here on the guide.

first of all the opener, i guess its whole different now in 5.4 than back with UVLS, i got 579 ilvl and HWF bboy/normal hc PBOI. how do u open as demo?
    Secondly - i see alot of top demo locks having some insane damage done with soul fire, i guess its quite obvious to use soul fire only in meta and with trinket procs up, tho i never seem to get my soul fire that high on the meter. (it is my highest spell damage done wise, but doom is very close following) where the top ranked demo locks have soul fire way above everything else.

I also see very low ToC damage on top 10 logs, do you still use ToC to refresh corr and never manualy? how do u manage to do so low dmg with ToC throughout a fight? you would be fury capping like crazy if you just fish for trinket procs while having 7ish molten core procs rdy and not ToCing in meta form after u apply 2nd shadowflame stack.

Edit: forgot to ask about this also - do you save DS for procs like in affli, or do you just use it when its rdy and you have fury enough to stay in meta?

Hope its fine i ask those questions, i rly tried finding them in the guide but couldnt :S
    Last edited by mmoc42fc101662; 2014-03-11 at 05:48 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    5.4 demonology warlock guide

"go to talents
    change to offspec"

Not contributing to the discussion. Post more constructively next time please.
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2014-03-11 at 05:32 PM.