Guys, what do you think about changing Demo's Hellfire/Immolation aura so you can cast it on your target, but change the mana cost to a fixed health% on cast?

And while talking about it, how about making a new perk like Improved Hellfire/Immolation aura where whenever you cast a soulfire on a target afflicted with Hellfire/Immotalon aura you extend the duration of it by one second and this effect can't add more than 3~5 second to your Hellfire/Immolation aura duration?

Quote Originally Posted by Markulino View Post

And while talking about it, how about making a new perk like Improved Hellfire/Immolation aura where whenever you cast a soulfire on a target afflicted with Hellfire/Immotalon aura you extend the duration of it by one second and this effect can't add more than 3~5 second to your Hellfire/Immolation aura duration?
    I like it. Makes the aoe rotation more engaging. Just a matter of whether it puts Hellfire/IA into single-target increase territory.

Maybe make it so the target you cast Hellfire/IA on takes a minimal amount of damage (maybe even switch so it does to the actual target what it does now to the casting Warlock), and only does its full aoe to surrounding targets. or something. So that at worst you'd use it to cleave, but certainly never single target
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Maybe make it so the target you cast Hellfire/IA on takes a minimal amount of damage (maybe even switch so it does to the actual target what it does now to the casting Warlock), and only does its full aoe to surrounding targets. or something. So that at worst you'd use it to cleave, but certainly never single target
    How about removing the Demonic Fury generation of the primary target for Hellfire and make so that Immolation Aura deals only a small amount of damage to the primary target? Our cast form rotation is all about a decent amount of damage WHILE generating fury for huge bursts in Demon form. That way Hellfire/Immolation Aura would only be used on real AoE situations where you could use the health% usage to cast the spell to generate fury to dump.

Oh, and we can't forget to make it a single target cast. That way we can't simply cast it on all of our AoE targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Markulino View Post
    How about removing the Demonic Fury generation of the primary target for Hellfire and make so that Immolation Aura deals only a small amount of damage to the primary target? Our cast form rotation is all about a decent amount of damage WHILE generating fury for huge bursts in Demon form. That way Hellfire/Immolation Aura would only be used on real AoE situations where you could use the health% usage to cast the spell to generate fury to dump.

Oh, and we can't forget to make it a single target cast. That way we can't simply cast it on all of our AoE targets.
    Ah yeah, good stuff about the fury generation.

And the number of target things should be simple, just give it the same treatment as Rain of Fire ... you can have multiple down but the debuff only gets applied once per target.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Hey guys, couple questions.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...anorala/simple Current gear
    just got a new pair of heroic boots from protectors and wondering how I can best optimize stats for reforging. Using AMR, I'm trying to go for the 14873 haste for the extra tick on shadow flame. My question is when I adjust this to the default PvE build (with custom haste rating) it also drops my mastery for increased crit.

With these settings I'm losing about 17.36% mastery, gaining 13.14% haste and gaining 9.47% crit at the same time. Is this amount of crit rating ok to have or could I stand to reforge out of some in turn for more mastery that I'd be losing with this current 14873 haste. I know the question has been answered countless times but I can't really find anything on whether or not the amount of crit I have is negligible or if I can afford to lose some. thanks in advance!!!

If you are going for the 14873 breakpoint you don't care about crit, plain and simple. Put crit at the very bottom of your stat weights when you do the custom edit on AMR. Your armory shows you are not hit capped anyway so you should probably get hit capped or it will not matter how much crit you have in the end. 14873 means you are going to have to sacrifice a lot of crit, which is the tradeoff of 14873 vs 8097. Mastery is the stat you will NEVER sacrifice because it is too powerful for Demo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    Eh, I have little sympathy for such complaints. Mythic raiders will have mythic weapons and mythic trinkets that will be far more powerful than a random legendary world drop. Power wise they'll still be at the top of the mountain. This is just a way for other people to have other special things, which is not anything mythic raiders should get to have a monopoly on.

hm weird, my current gear is optimized with AMR- maybe i put the wrong gem in the wrong place -_-. sure would explain a lot. XD

One more question, what is the numeric value I can give crit in the custom stat weights? Ive never understood the way they are represented by some number in stat weights (3.2 for example) and like 13.64% in the stat page...

Quote Originally Posted by Lanorala View Post
    hm weird, my current gear is optimized with AMR- maybe i put the wrong gem in the wrong place -_-. sure would explain a lot. XD

One more question, what is the numeric value I can give crit in the custom stat weights? Ive never understood the way they are represented by some number in stat weights (3.2 for example) and like 13.64% in the stat page...
    I have no idea how to calculate the exact value, I usually just trial and error and keep lowering or raising the value of a stat by .1 until it gives the result i think is the best or when something like haste is as close to a breakpoint as it can possibly be after reaching it rather than being way over.
    Eh, I have little sympathy for such complaints. Mythic raiders will have mythic weapons and mythic trinkets that will be far more powerful than a random legendary world drop. Power wise they'll still be at the top of the mountain. This is just a way for other people to have other special things, which is not anything mythic raiders should get to have a monopoly on.

is there a certain crit "breakpoint"? I mean i get that its essentially useless for us but is there any threshold that i need to keep for crit? never understood that. I get haste breakpoints for extra ticks but crit is hardly ever mentioned. Maybe because its such a stupid question XD

There is no crit cap for warlocks. Crit caps only exist because you can reach 100% crit on certain abilities, like warriors with bloodthirst.

Crit is great for Demo. It's just like for Destro. Haste has a similar value and Mastery is overall better than both.

Deleted
    Hi lads. First post here so be gentle. here's my lowbie demo lock alt http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vellax/simple

I'm trying to figure out gemming for my gear level(536) because there's so much conflicting info going around. This Guild says mastery, icey veins guild says Haste and AMR says crit, i'm really confused, could anybody help please?

Quote Originally Posted by Tachyne View Post
    Hi lads. First post here so be gentle. here's my lowbie demo lock alt http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vellax/simple

I'm trying to figure out gemming for my gear level(536) because there's so much conflicting info going around. This Guild says mastery, icey veins guild says Haste and AMR says crit, i'm really confused, could anybody help please?
    Hit the 8097 haste breakpoint then get as much mastery as possible. Extra crit will come with more gear

10+ Year Old Account
    Haste over mastery to another breakpoint can be stronger, which is why things like Icey Veins suggest it, however for most situations and players the 8097 breakpoint is a far safer build.

Never go full retard..err..umm.. I mean crit.

Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    Haste over mastery to another breakpoint can be stronger, which is why things like Icey Veins suggest it, however for most situations and players the 8097 breakpoint is a far safer build.

Never go full retard..err..umm.. I mean crit.
    I'm seeing you go for full haste (21k!) - you trying that for the lulz or any deeper reasoning behind it?

Deleted
    I tried 22k haste last week and the results were very good.

Would have beat my IJ parse by 60k, and increased my malkorok parse by 30k.

Granted, RNG plays a factor, but at the very least high haste demo is super fun to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    I tried 22k haste last week and the results were very good.

Would have beat my IJ parse by 60k, and increased my malkorok parse by 30k.

Granted, RNG plays a factor, but at the very least high haste demo is super fun to play.
    How long was the cast time for shadow bolt and soul fire?

Deleted
    Hi, I've recently decided to give Demo a try, thanks for the guide, it helped me tremendously in finding out what's important in spec I've never played.

Still getting into the basics generally, but one thing is really bugging me - that leaving meta doesn't even trigger GCD on it. I quite often accidentally double click the hotkey, leave the form and jump into it again without noticing and then use Chaos Wave / Doom / Touch of Chaos instead of the caster form versions and wonder, why they don't do what they should or that I don't cast anything at all before I finally notice I'm in meta. I know it's mostly my fault for not noticing and it's a matter of practice as well, but still - can anyone recommend any addon / macro which either makes it very apparent which form you are in or prevents using meta right after leaving it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cellmate View Post
    Hi, I've recently decided to give Demo a try, thanks for the guide, it helped me tremendously in finding out what's important in spec I've never played.

Still getting into the basics generally, but one thing is really bugging me - that leaving meta doesn't even trigger GCD on it. I quite often accidentally double click the hotkey, leave the form and jump into it again without noticing and then use Chaos Wave / Doom / Touch of Chaos instead of the caster form versions and wonder, why they don't do what they should or that I don't cast anything at all before I finally notice I'm in meta. I know it's mostly my fault for not noticing and it's a matter of practice as well, but still - can anyone recommend any addon / macro which either makes it very apparent which form you are in or prevents using meta right after leaving it?
    I don't know of any such addon, but you could get around it by using 2 different hotkeys, one which cancelauras meta form, and one which only lets you cast meta if it's not already up.

Tried 21,6k Haste today, but I haven't played Demo for ages and could get past my parses form the last time I played.

There is potential in this reforge, and with the BBoY trinket and some other proccs, Harvest Life seems a good choice to get the last bit out of those proccs, but you have realy get used to the fury generation/spending. It differs a lot from the low haste build.