Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinnin View Post
    I don't pre-cast anymore. I pre-cast Dark soul with Tier 14 4pc and switch gear for the 20 seconds of 10% damage increase.
    That must suck if your PBOI is feeling lazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Whabam View Post
    That must suck if your PBOI is feeling lazy!
    Or, you know, if suddenly Rigg decides to pull 1 second earlier, and he's stuck there with his 509 ilvl gear.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Deleted
    Hi fellers. Great guild. I have a few questions i hope you can help me with

1. Could anybody please tell me how you would open optimally on fights Such as protectors and paragons HC? assuming MF speced. and do you use immolation aura every time you go into meta? (if all 3 are close together ofc)

2. on fights like paragons and protectors do we also keep corruption up on all targets as well as doom? i was just practicing on the dummy and im having issues keep corruption up on 3-4 targets while weaving HOG, reacting to procs/MC ect. Until i get used to the spec, on multiple target that last the whole fight, would it be a huge dps loss to keep up just Doom on non primary targets?

3. How do you use Mannoroth's Fury propely? do you use it at the start of a fight once you have done your initial opener after doom is up? because to me that way you dont have enough demonic fury to use it for the full duration? or is it ok to use it out side of meta? or just save it until you have enough demonic fury for it to last the duration? Also do you only use it with DS/procs or just use it on CD?

4. Until i get used to the spec, is it a big dps loss if i use Supremacy and NO imp glyph, so i got less to manage?

5. t16 2p bonus. how do we effectively use it?

thanks lads.
    Last edited by mmoc424a42f312; 2014-04-23 at 07:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    Or, you know, if suddenly Rigg decides to pull 1 second earlier, and he's stuck there with his 509 ilvl gear.
    Hah, gear swapping isn't anything new to me, so risk is usually small.

10+ Year Old Account
    So would using ds tier for the 6 minute cooldown, before the fight, to summon an infernal be a good dps gain? O.o Cause then, you would be to use your doomguard for the execution?

Or does the infernal snapshot similar to dots? If so, then... (i forget)

Great read! thanks for bringing it up- I wouldn't have ever thought of doing that- then again I'm very new to the gaming/wow world in general. Thanks for the info!

Can you give me a breakdown of your opener if you're using that method? Or does it not differ much

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanorala View Post
    Great read! thanks for bringing it up- I wouldn't have ever thought of doing that- then again I'm very new to the gaming/wow world in general. Thanks for the info!

Can you give me a breakdown of your opener if you're using that method? Or does it not differ much
    That method doesn't work anymore hah, that was a Cataclysm thing

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    So would using ds tier for the 6 minute cooldown, before the fight, to summon an infernal be a good dps gain? O.o Cause then, you would be to use your doomguard for the execution?

Or does the infernal snapshot similar to dots? If so, then... (i forget)
    equip t13 -> infernal -> gear swap to t14 -> DS -> gear swap to best gear -> pull

next level shit rite there
    Last edited by Tramzh; 2014-04-24 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tramzh View Post
    equip t13 -> infernal -> gear swap to t14 -> DS -> gear swap to best gear -> pull

Dial it up to 11 and use 2pT11/2pT13 lolol

Deleted
    Hey Zinnin.. Can you share your opener with the world? Im getting back to demo after a few months as affli/destro and how I opened with UVLS maynot be the optimal way to do it..

cheers.

10+ Year Old Account

I actually tried doing this in tier 14, the problem is infernal literally does shit damage...it's all in the infernal awakening so it's really not worth it at all.

My current opener is Prepull DS with Tier14, switch gear/ pot -> summon doomguard, Corruption, Grimoire: Felguard, Hand of Gul'dan, Imp Swarm, soul fire, Hand of Gul'dan, Metamorphosis, Doom,

I actually tried doing this in tier 14, the problem is infernal literally does shit damage...it's all in the infernal awakening so it's really not worth it at all.

My current opener is Prepull DS with Tier14, switch gear/ pot -> summon doomguard, Corruption, Grimoire: Felguard, Hand of Gul'dan, Imp Swarm, soul fire, Hand of Gul'dan, Metamorphosis, Doom,
    Yeah, tried it on a dummy, it barely pulls 200k in melee attacks over the whole duration. I could see it being useful on paragons for whoring purposes if you kill it below 10 minutes but that's it.

What parts are you gear switching though? I'm thinking that the meta gem rppm resets (tried to find out how this work but maybe it doesn't work that way?) and the gloves go on a 30 sec equip CD (prepop?).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, tried it on a dummy, it barely pulls 200k in melee attacks over the whole duration. I could see it being useful on paragons for whoring purposes if you kill it below 10 minutes but that's it.

What parts are you gear switching though? I'm thinking that the meta gem rppm resets (tried to find out how this work but maybe it doesn't work that way?) and the gloves go on a 30 sec equip CD (prepop?).
    Cooldown / ICD trinkets go on full cooldown when you switch them, RPPM trinkets and effects get their time since last proc set at 2 minutes when combat starts. Meta gem will still instant proc on pull if you switch it.

Correct to assume you've found the 10% more dmg on your Super doom + opener (especially if you fish a 2pT16 proc) out weighs 30% less DF by using 2pT15 for prepull?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    Correct to assume you've found the 10% more dmg on your Super doom + opener (especially if you fish a 2pT16 proc) out weighs 30% less DF by using 2pT15 for prepull?
    2pc T15 doesn't give a buff, so it doesn't stick like t14. At least that is what I have assumed, I never tested it for sure.

2pc T15 doesn't give a buff, so it doesn't stick like t14. At least that is what I have assumed, I never tested it for sure.
    Just tested this as destro and cb is consuming .8 embers, so it does seem to stick. Although, I would assume 10% dmg is more prominent for demo because of snapshotting doom. I guess it's worth testing. T15 2pc might end up being better for destro if it means you can get an additional cb off.

Deleted
    Should you use molten core procs out side of meta if you have trinket procs up and and dont have enough demonic fury to spend the duration in meta?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tachyne View Post
    Should you use molten core procs out side of meta if you have trinket procs up and and dont have enough demonic fury to spend the duration in meta?
    Depends on how many MC stacks you have, how long till Amp / DS, how long till execute. Normally I would say no, however if you don't think you'll miss them then yes.

So after some dummy testing (obviously not the end all solution) seems to me 30% less fury cost is going to yield better dmg. I know you run imp swarm, but I could never get as much imp dps that way as just not glyphing it. I know that if you use it on pull you can stay in meta slightly longer, but wonder if the overall dps loss is worth it? I was just thinking if you can stay in meta for say 3 or 4 more casts, that might be enough to outweigh 10% dmg, depending on mc procs and trinket timings and such. Anyone have any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Moruff View Post
    So after some dummy testing (obviously not the end all solution) seems to me 30% less fury cost is going to yield better dmg. I know you run imp swarm, but I could never get as much imp dps that way as just not glyphing it. I know that if you use it on pull you can stay in meta slightly longer, but wonder if the overall dps loss is worth it? I was just thinking if you can stay in meta for say 3 or 4 more casts, that might be enough to outweigh 10% dmg, depending on mc procs and trinket timings and such. Anyone have any ideas?
    10% more damage on doom > 2-3 more tocs/soulfires I would imagine.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).