View Poll Results: Should we be able to view the photos?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I want to see the sick son of a bitch

    174 56.68%
  • No

    133 43.32%
Page 1 of 8
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    High Overlord Dsfunctional's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    169

    Photos of Bin Laden's Body

    Appeals court to consider release of photos of Bin Laden's body

    What are your thoughts on the subject? I don't see why we shouldn't be able to see them.

    added poll.
    Last edited by Dsfunctional; 2013-01-10 at 01:55 PM.

  2. #2
    proving he's dead wouldn't hurt the US. if i had to guess, they can't prove he's dead

    either they didn't kill him and instead came to an agreement with him (money can buy anyone, and he was a starving slob at that point), he died of natural causes and disappeared (he was old) or the body doesn't look enough like him to do anything but spark controversy

    at this point i wonder if they even killed him. he's obviously dead or done being the leader of al-qaeda

  3. #3
    Bloodsail Admiral Kaj392's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Brabant
    Posts
    1,038
    <Tinfoil hat> The guy has been thru plastic surgery and looks completely different. Shaved off the beard and nobody will recognize him. He now lives happily on the US.</Tinfoil hat>
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsfunctional View Post
    What are your thoughts on the subject? I don't see why we shouldn't be able to see them.
    I don't see why anybody should be able to see them. What's it good for? To saturate a void that has appeared since the renunciation of practices of public executions and crucifictions in the civilized western world?

    I don't see what else it would bring except stirring rage among his supporters, further helping a solidification of a martyr figure and heating up intercultural and political conflicts.

  5. #5
    The Lightbringer N-7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,574
    Why do you need his photos? I'd rather not have any news on him and new pictures would mean a week worth of media coverage for him.

  6. #6
    Releasing photos doesn't prove he's dead anyway. Pictures can be photoshopped. If the conspiracy nuts believe he's alive, they are going to keep believing it no matter what evidence is released.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonbrown View Post
    Releasing photos doesn't prove he's dead anyway. Pictures can be photoshopped. If the conspiracy nuts believe he's alive, they are going to keep believing it no matter what evidence is released.
    The conspiracy nuts wouldn't believe he was dead if his corpse turned up on their sofa with a "do your own DNA analysis" kit in his lap
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

    Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

  8. #8
    The Lightbringer N-7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,574
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    The conspiracy nuts wouldn't believe he was dead if his corpse turned up on their sofa with a "do your own DNA analysis" kit in his lap
    Well, it might be a clone!

  9. #9
    Fluffy Kitten Baiyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    York, Blighty
    Posts
    5,100
    It's usually best to leave a poll with only "Yes or No" answers available a little less coloured by personal opinion as it may skew the results, but, oh well.

    I'm amazed by how hush-hush the 48 hours after the operation to 'deal' with him was deemed a success and how quickly they disposed of the body after 10+ years of looking for the guy, so, I would value the release of photographic evidence of his successful assassination (no point calling it by a nicer name, it's not like he was a nice guy himself). An enigmatic sea burial seemed ludicrous at the time, regardless of local custom.

  10. #10
    The Unstoppable Force Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    23,492
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    at this point i wonder if they even killed him. he's obviously dead or done being the leader of al-qaeda
    Al-Qaeda issued a statement after the raid saying he is dead. Why would they lie? One would think given any opportunity, they'd just love to point and laugh and go "NUH UH" at the USA.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    I wouldn't expect someone who thinks science provides proof to know that.

  11. #11
    Old God
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    10,362
    I don't really care, but it wouldn't hurt I guess, as long as his head/face was intact enough to look like more then a squashed melon.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

  12. #12
    I personally do not want to see them however I do think people should be able to see them if they want to.

  13. #13
    The Insane Reeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX USA
    Posts
    17,106
    I'd rather forget about him.
    Well 1, 2, 3, take my hand and come with me
    Because you look so fine
    And I really wanna make you mine

  14. #14
    Dreadlord Cusco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts
    828
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Al-Qaeda issued a statement after the raid saying he is dead. Why would they lie?
    I guess what fizzbob is going at is the difference between killing someone, and saying you killed someone that actually died of other causes. I don't know what Al-Qaeda said, if they confirmed that the US killed him or simply that he is dead, but if the latter, then it's logically possible that the US didn't kill him and that Al-Qaeda wasn't lying.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

  15. #15
    The Unstoppable Force Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    23,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Cusco View Post
    I guess what fizzbob is going at is the difference between killing someone, and saying you killed someone that actually died of other causes. I don't know what Al-Qaeda said, if they confirmed that the US killed him or simply that he is dead, but if the latter, then it's logically possible that the US didn't kill him and that Al-Qaeda wasn't lying.
    I don't have a transcript, but I am reasonably confident they confirmed he was "martyred" by the USA.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    I wouldn't expect someone who thinks science provides proof to know that.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    The conspiracy nuts wouldn't believe he was dead if his corpse turned up on their sofa with a "do your own DNA analysis" kit in his lap
    Well there are people that still believe the earth is flat and the lunar landing was faked.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Well there are people that still believe the earth is flat and the lunar landing was faked.
    And they continue to live in their little bubble of disbelief. Why would the bin Laden conspiracy nuts be any different?
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

    Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

  18. #18
    Titan Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    13,995
    as with so many other things Freedom isn't unlimited, and therefore not always granted as such.
    Like in this case where it could result in extremely more violence and the death of "innocent" people.... I have to say, for politicians to claim such demand shows how incapable of carrying the task of a politician they are. Their interest is NOT the country, and the best of their and all people.
    I hope the court is going to struck them down.

    And this is what's wrong with this country nowadays. Whatever happens, what ever someone does, in no matter what administration, there is always some jerk dragging shit to court over it. And people wonder why we can't get shit done, and why we have excessive spending. Right there, these things have to be eliminated, and we free tons of time, and save lots of money.

    Who cares about such pictures? They never achieved anything.
    Like the famous Mussolini execution pics.... What did they change afterwards? NOTHING...
    Just another example how in some people still that primitive barbarian gen is alive and kicking, satisfaction from cruelty.. Congrats on proper evolution.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2013-01-10 at 03:15 PM.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    And they continue to live in their little bubble of disbelief. Why would the bin Laden conspiracy nuts be any different?
    It does kind of feed the conspiracy to say "Hey we killed this guy and took pics but you will never see them!!". But like I said before, I don't care to personally see them.

  20. #20
    Dreadlord Cusco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts
    828
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I don't have a transcript, but I am reasonably confident they confirmed he was "martyred" by the USA.
    If that is the case, I agree with you; there's no reason to doubt. I'd have to buy more tinfoil to even consider any conspiracy at that level.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •