Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

what foods should i eat?

i have a slight weight problem.....at 25 yrs old i should NOT be 5'8" and weigh 95lbs. what foods can i eat to gain weight quickly without eating unhealthy foods? i guess i am asking is what should i avoid doing, so i raise my body weight? the food groups i like the most are fish,pasta,steak,(hate pork and sirloin),dairy,and some poultry,along with fruits,and vegetables.(problem is im somewhat of a picky eater as there are certain foods i won't eat.)and no im not going to scarf down mcdonalds.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2013-01-11 at 04:57 AM.

fish, pasta, chicken, dairy, fruits, and vegetables.

Eat more.

Try going to the gym and working out. If you want to put on muscle, drink a gallon of whole milk a day.

This should also go in the health section, there are tons of other threads there that can help you!

Just eat more. And chocolate. Also stop complaining about being thin you inconsiderate jerk

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Just eat more. And chocolate. Also stop complaining about being thin you inconsiderate jerk
    Chocolate is lame. Have more sex if you have a craving for chocolate.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    You mean you arent thin on that diet of yours?

Also you should try learning recipes that allow you to eat foods perhaps you wouldnt normally like. Most food tastes can be discovered by another ingredient allowing you to eat it without even knowing its there. Perhaps trying that on foods you don't like but could help would be useful to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    i dont have a girlfriend. i guess i could eat more white chocolate but how will that fill me up?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are really concerned you should see a dietitian
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Proteins! If it has a protein in it, eat it. Especially eggs. I recommend doing some research on what bodybuilders eat; although this isn't your goal (I think), they have a lot of methods to put on weight very fast without it being all fat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    If you are really concerned you should see a dietitian
    i dont have money to see a dietitian as i dont have insurance

I'd suggest the same thing to an overweight person: Maintain a healthier diet. Eat fruits and vegetables and nuts. Hell try to eat things that do not need to be cooked. If anything steam and broiled foods are good. After you have a nice diet begin to work out. Build muscle. Might take a bit but you will gain weight.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i have a slight weight problem.....at 25 yrs old i should NOT be 5'8" and weigh 95lbs. what foods can i eat to gain weight quickly without eating unhealthy foods? i guess i am asking is what should i avoid doing, so i raise my body weight? the food groups i like the most are fish,pasta,steak,(hate pork and sirloin),dairy,and some poultry,along with fruits,and vegetables.(problem is im somewhat of a picky eater as there are certain foods i won't eat.)and no im not going to scarf down mcdonalds.
    if you're really concerned go to a supplement store and buy a mass gainer. its basically like a meal in powder form, they contain balanced quantities of carbs, fats, proteins and are almost always full of essential vitamins and minerals. if you're dead set on putting on weight, i'm 100% certain thats the best way (coming from a long-time weightlifter-nutritionist with a college degree in dietetics)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehorn View Post
    if you're really concerned go to a supplement store and buy a mass gainer. its basically like a meal in powder form, they contain balanced quantities of carbs, fats, proteins and are almost always full of essential vitamins and minerals. if you're dead set on putting on weight, i'm 100% certain thats the best way (coming from a long-time weightlifter-nutritionist with a college degree in dietetics)
    what do they taste like?

10+ Year Old Account
    Eat more! Be up in the gym working on your fitness. Try out eating fast food here and then. But not too much.

Off topic: DAMN! I wish I could say eating more would be beneficial to me . You so lucky!
    Call me House.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Why not just eats chocolate and have more sex?

Also, you weigh less than me, bread.

what do they taste like?
    Good ones taste like milkshakes.

Eat faster. Eat consistant calories (as in don't have 1600 one day, 2000 another), don't eat when you get up, eat before bed. Take on more things than you think you can take on (Stress is awesome for weight gaining). Weigh yourself an hour after every meal/every day. You'll notice when you eat foods your body doesnt like you'll gain around 3-5 pounds extra that will wear off after a day or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Womans solution to everything= MOAR CHOCOLATE.

what do they taste like?
    I've had a few that are actually pretty good. I wouldnt say its like eating a chocolate sundae, but these "scientists" have been working very hard to increase the flavor of their products, since the early version gave them a very bad stigma of being absolutely disgusting lol.

edit: if theres one I can suggest one, I used to take one by BSN (comes in a big red tube) the strawberry version was amazing!

2nd edit: if you give me your weight gain goals and about how many calories you eat a day, i can give you a rough estimate of how many calories you need to eat, what kinda work-outs you need to do etc.
    Last edited by Eaglehorn; 2013-01-11 at 05:23 AM.

Protein shakes in the morning! I used to eat? these things in the morning with half milk/half natural yoghurt and a couple of spoons of protein powder. Not nice enough that you want to drink them all the time but tolerable and more invigorating than and energy drink.

i dont have a girlfriend. i guess i could eat more white chocolate but how will that fill me up?
    It wouldn't, it'll fatten you up.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    You mean you arent thin on that diet of yours?
    I need to start spreading each cup over two days

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 05:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    See obdi, this is how true brilliance talk!