Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Well, at least this thread turned out to make me feel better about my weight, time to go home and sleep :3
    Sleep? It isn't the middle of the day?

Slacker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any time :3

Not a good comparison though. Extra fat shows very quickly on a chibi like me. You guys spread it out over like a mountain.
    You have no idea how true this is. Warcraft ogres? That's basically me.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Sleep? It isn't the middle of the day?

Slacker.
    I've been up for almost 24 hours...

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Warcraft ogres? That's basically me.
    I knew you were something monstrous like that!

So fix your sleep schedule! -_-

Slacker.

10+ Year Old Account

I knew you were something monstrous like that!
    Now that's just cruel.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Was that a sentence?
    If we're talking about horses...
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    Chicken, red meat, oat meals, banana, drink alot of milk, wholemeal bread and stuff. Eat for like 5-6 times a day

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool site. Height/weight chart with photos of men and women for each slot.

http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodies/heightweight.html
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    okay another food question....is there any health risks or anything to eating farm raised fish v.s. wild caught? i like to purchase farm raised because its cheaper and i it's doesnt taste that different to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Just eat for the sake of eating. Problem solved but may include future problems.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    okay another food question....is there any health risks or anything to eating farm raised fish v.s. wild caught? i like to purchase farm raised because its cheaper and i it's doesnt taste that different to me.
    depends on how its farmed raised. some animals will have hormones and such in them. look for "organic" or "free range" if that bothers you. fish on the other hand is better farm raised cause it could contain mercury (tuna & swordfish you cant avoid this so eat them sparingly).

15+ Year Old Account
    I remember when I was wondering how to gain weight...now I just wonder how to lose it :/

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    fish, pasta, chicken, dairy, fruits, and vegetables.

Eat more.

Try going to the gym and working out. If you want to put on muscle, drink a gallon of whole milk a day.

This should also go in the health section, there are tons of other threads there that can help you!
    Aye. Putting on muscle rather than fat would be the healthy thing to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty much factory farms, just for fish. If it tastes fine, then it's fine to eat.

Not really, I personally can't stand the taste of non-wild fish but in your case there's no difference.
    I skimmed through the thread, you mentioned you eat around 1000 calories a day? If so, that's way too low, you're probably feeling lethargic and tired because your body is in "low-power mode", our bodies can adapt to periods of low nutrition by slowing down metabolism. To start gaining weight, you need to consume more calories that you're using, your body needs around 1300-1500 calories each day just for normal functioning. You'll need to get at least 1000 calories more that that, so you'll need 2500-3000 calories a day to start any serious weight gain. 3-5 lbs a week is beyond any realistic goal, your body can't gain more than 0.5-1 lb of muscle each week (without anabolic steroids and similar crap), and that is with high protein diet and some really serious weightlifting. Your goal should be around 1 pound each week, sounds low but that's 50 pounds a year (your gain will probably be around 25-30 pounds, don't be discouraged). Your food selection in OP gives you good base to build on, fish (especially fatty fish as tuna, salmon, sardines), chicken and dairy are excellent source of proteins and fats, pasta/potatoes are rich in carbohydrates which give you energy, fruits and vegetables are excellent as source of fibers and vitamins.

You'll need to start pre-planning your meals (aim for daily 1 gram of protein per pound of desired body weight), then add required amount of calories with pasta/potatoes, vegetables, dairy or whatever you feel like eating that day. If you can't eat large meals (stomach will need time to adjust to food increase) eat more smaller meals per day. I'd also recommend starting light cardio (aim for three 20 minute joggings per week, if you're out of shape excellent method of starting is to alternate 1 minute of jogging with 2 minutes of walking, then slowly increase jogging time as you're getting in shape), exercise will help your energy levels a lot.

Closing words: proper weight gain will take time and dedication, but the effort is well worth it, starting with smaller, more realistic goals and keeping it is much better than starting too strong and quitting (as all gym memberships after New Year can attest:P).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    Breaded, it sits very very well with it

Love me some good Chicken Fried Steak (I don't know why it's called Chicken Fried Steak, but there is no chicken in it...just hearty steak, breaded, and gravy laden)

On topic:
    To gain weight, you could try eating foods that have more protein, and forcing yourself to eat 2000 calories a day.
    It's because country gravy is made with chicken stock! At least, that's how I always start it.