High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb So I put up a list of ideas on the official forums about Reputation.

I noticed that people complained about both dailies now, and reputation tabards back when they were relevant, not scrapped.

So I posted this thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7591980796.

It's a fairly long read, and I organized it with quote boxes. What do you guys think? Also, it's on the official forums for a reason. Blizzard has a priority list that ranks fansites as lower for ideas, they listen to their official forums first and foremost.
    A wise saying once said "A wise man builds a foundation from the bricks others have thrown at him."

10+ Year Old Account
    Are dailies still an issue? It seems like you can just rep up the 5.1 factions and get the best valor gear from there which is even more of a no brainer considering those are the best dailies from terms of story/lore. The original reputations were only for people who wanted to gear up for raids quickly out of the gate and achievement hunters.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

The thread in question.

The list of ideas, edited to fit MMO-Champion's coding.

Let me begin. There is a problem, a rift so to speak, between Blizzard and the WoW community when it comes to raising reputation with a General Faction. (I.E, Klaxxi, Shado-Pan, August Celestials, Golden Lotus, etc.).

This is what I hear a lot:

"Dailies are bad! I want tabards back!"

Back when tabards that gave you reputation were relevant, then scrapped during MOP, people said this:

"Tabards are bad! I wanna go out in the world!"

And this put Blizzard on a stump. Essentially, they became... bitter about tabards. And I think being bitter about anything is stressful. The harder it is for Blizzard to manage the forums, the more stressful it seems to them.

I have a solution, in the form of constructive feedback to this problem. There should be multiple ways, per faction, in which you earn reputation in the future. I will present each idea in a quote box, to separate each other. Here we go!

Number 1: Daily Quests. Yes, the tried and true form of gaining rep now. This should not be the only way to gain rep though, as it creates a monotony that makes people think they are doing a second job. I like that MOP has randomized daily quests, but I think dailies should culminate into the following idea, which is "Daily Finale Quests".

Number 2: Daily "Finale" quests. This is similar to how the Golden Lotus and August Celestials: Chi-ji factions work. After completing a set of dailies for that day, you are sent to complete an event meant to culminate the effort of your dailies. You get a larger than usual rep gain for completing this quest.
    Number 3: Mission Quests. Similar to how Operation: Shieldwall and the Kirin-tor Offensive work, you could have a normal quest meant to continue the story of the faction you are gaining reputation with. The more-bloodthirsty factions want you to go and kill people or destroy things, while more cautious or neutral factions will require for you to go find lost artifacts or dig out hidden truths.

Number 4: Daily item turn-ins. Patch 5.2 will include something like this for the rest of MOP's factions, for your farm in Valley of the Four Winds, where you go and give them food or crops to help bolster their effort. This is in daily format to reflect how you earn reputation (friendship) with the various members of the Tillers, like giving Old Hillpaw five of Braised Turtle to earn friendship with him.

Number 5: Repetitive item turn-ins. This would have to be low in gains, but it is a means of circumvention. Not as slow as, but similar to Dread Amber Shards, you would turn in an item found commonly outdoors, to a member of the faction who desires the item, like the Ambersmith for the Klaxxi. This encourages killing mobs, which I will discuss momentarily.

Number 6: The mass killing of mobs. Blizzard should add a modification to mobs saying something like this: Shao-tien Fist, Gives reputation with (Faction), Level 90 humanoid. If you kill it, you earn a small amount of reputation with the faction that hated the mob to begin with. Quest mobs give more due to their notoriety, like Bai-jin the Butcher, but not that much to encourage mass farming of the mob in question. Another circumvention, but it works for those who just want to kill.

Number 7: Important item finds. Similar to Onyx Egg, which belongs to Order of the Cloud Serpent, you would find rare or hard to get items outdoors and you would turn it in to the faction who wants that item to earn a good amount of reputation per turn-in. They would be rare, and competition are abound when farming these items.

Number 8: Relics of Animosity. Similar to Relic of the Thunder King, you would find items that a faction wants you to destroy for reputation. These would rare, similar to Number 7, but you don't turn it in. Could be found outdoors, or could be found as a rare mob drop. Either way, destroy it and you earn rep.

Number 9: Acts of Kindness, the outdoors edition. Say you find a normal, intimidating mob in the field. You attempt to look him up on WoWHead or the us.battle.net/wow database and you find that this mob is not a quest mob, but a mob that gives reputation with (Faction) anyway, so you go and kill this mob and you get rep. The mob gives as much rep as killing a quest mob.

Number 10: Acts of Kindness, inside the home edition. Could a quest, could be a daily, or it can be neither. Say a person has a cat stuck in a tree. You get the cat down and give it to the person, and he would give you reputation for the faction he is serving. You could put out a fire and earn reputation, for another example.

Number 11: Scenario Tokens. You complete a Scenario, and inside of your Greater Cache of Treasures, you find a (Faction) Scenario Token. You use the item, and you gain reputation with the faction who belongs to that Scenario Token. You can only use a certain amount of tokens per day, and there is a cap to this means of gaining reputation as a result of there being a limited amount of tokens you can use per day.

Number 12: Dungeoneer's (Faction) Tabard. This is the reptuation tabards of yore, but now it has a specific use, dungeons. You can modify an "Active Tabard" bought from the Faction at Friendly to meet your content needs. Dungeoneer's is one of the modes the Active Tabards can use. All four (yes, four) modes have a cap, shared between the modes, and if you cap one mode per day, it and the other modes cannot gain reputation until the day after. There is also a Burning Crusade/MOP-style "Cosmetic" rare tabard.
    Number 13: Raider's (Faction) Tabard. This is the raiding reputation tabard, meant for raiders. This can go as low as Raid Finder, as that is still a raid, despite being on Easy difficulty. Caps all the same though, regardless if it was Raid Finder or Heroic Raids.

Number 14: Battle Hero's (Faction) Tabard. PVP should have a hand at getting reputation, those players should not be on the sour end of the stick when it comes to gaining rep with factions. PVP gear sold by the factions only require honor points, but PVP players should not be excluded from PVE mainspec or offspec gear or mounts sold by the faction. Reputation from this tabard can be earned in Battlegrounds, which is Honor content.

Number 15: War Hero's (Faction) Tabard. It's the equivalent of the Raider's Tabard for PVP players. Win Rated Battleground or Arena content and you win reputation with the faction, to see what Conquest gear they have for sale.

Now then, this is how everything should work with all of the faction shop and reputation systems in place:

A faction will sell Grand Commendations, mounts, pets, vanity items, Justice gear, Valor gear, Honor gear, Conquest gear, an Active Tabard, and a Cosmetic Tabard. The Cosmetic Tabard should be more visually appealing than the Active Tabard.

And:

There will be quartermasters for each group content currency type. Justice, Valor, Honor, and Conquest. The PVE quartermasters should be grouped up, and the PVP quartermasters should also be grouped up. You use a currency to buy gear. Instead of gear requiring reputation, or needing reputation to see gear, you are able to buy gear from the beginning, provided you meet the currency requirements and the "you must earn a certain amount of Honor" for Conquest gear.

What life should be like after all of these ideas are implemented:

"I like how there are many options as to how to gain reputation with the factions. Instead of being pigeonholed into one method of gaining reputation, I chose which method I earn reputation with, and I can do content without being penalized!"
    And that is it. I put a lot effort and research into this post, and I hope this is a solid means of constructive feedback. Anything can happen though, so let's see what happens. The ideas could not fit the in-game suggestion box, so I put up all of them at once with this thread and the one on the battle.net forums.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 11:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    Are dailies still an issue?
    Unfortunately for the WoW forums, yes. Read most of the recent Blue Tracker posts talking about Isle of Thunder/Giants dailies.
    A wise saying once said "A wise man builds a foundation from the bricks others have thrown at him."

I'm pretty sure the people who felt that strongly about the dailies and rep bullshit have long quit the game.

I know someday we'd like to come back to the promised land and all but if you hate dailies for non-raiding character progression you should have written off this entire expansion by now. Especially since on coming back your non-raiding character progression to T15 is going to be at least some dailies with weekly prayers to the RNG gods of LFR.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veliladon View Post
    I'm pretty sure the people who felt that strongly about the dailies and rep bullshit have long quit the game.

I know someday we'd like to come back to the promised land and all but if you hate dailies for non-raiding character progression you should have written off this entire expansion by now. Especially since on coming back your non-raiding character progression to T15 is going to be at least some dailies with weekly prayers to the RNG gods of LFR.
    I don't hate dailies, they reward me for work I put in, and I make quite a good amount of gold out of them. I am using my altruism to benefit others. I already completed all of the factions MOP has to offer, minus the Black Prince for arbitrary reasons.

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 01:06 PM ----------

I will probably complete the Kirin-tor Offensive as well, sounds very fun!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Preparation is key.

Blizzard will do MOP-style factions again, and I prepared that list of ideas just in case Blizzard would do something like that.

I bet other people suggested something like this, as I wish not to take all of the credit for this list of ideas.

I ask a question in a quote box.

How would you think these ideas affect the general populace?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

They put in Tabards!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post19879142

I actually mentioned a daily cap, this is coming in 5.2 for heroics and scenarios. Although it betrayed my expectation for the Scenario Tokens, it's still a daily limit for Scenarios with a Champion tabard.