Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Battle Pets, who is best of each family

So basically as the title says, who is the best pet of each family?

10+ Year Old Account
    That really depends on what you're going against. In my opinion, Creepy Crawly is the best undead, but I bet there's some other undead pet that could beat him.

It's a big rock-paper-scissor game really

It all depends on the rest of your team. I like oily slimeling for the magic family, cog blade raptor for the mechanical and Flayer Youngling for the humanoid family.

I've got a rocket chicken as my mechanical and he seems to be the best mechanical from what I've seen.

For dragon I like my crimson whelpling, two strong dragon attacks and a decent heal.

Seems a lot of people go for the flayer youngling for humanoid, but I like my gregarious grell too, he's got a dot, a punch and a heal.

But yeah, pet battles are mostly gimmicks like rock paper scissors, for better and for worse.

Deleted
    There is no "best pet"... How many times does this need to be repeated?
    It all depends on your other pets and the those of your opponent.

Sure, some pets might be stronger, but it's just a waiting-game until Blizard tunes their numbers, too.

Deleted
    Celestial Dragon is definitely the strongest Dragonkin.

Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    Celestial Dragon is definitely the strongest Dragonkin.
    Celestial Dragon doesn't even come close to competing.

@OP:
    Do you mean family in the sense of humanoid/critter/beast or in the sense of frog/snail/moth (i.e. similar attack sets).
    The answers to the former would be completely subjective, situational and not very enlightening, while the answer to the later might actually get you somewhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fela View Post
    Celestial Dragon doesn't even come close to competing.

@OP:
    Do you mean family in the sense of humanoid/critter/beast or in the sense of frog/snail/moth (i.e. similar attack sets).
    The answers to the former would be completely subjective, situational and not very enlightening, while the answer to the later might actually get you somewhere.
    What is then?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KaruzeLek View Post
    <Blizzard store family>
    I kicked every store pets' ass with the right combination.
    At. All. Levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard Store pets, but in truth, it depends on your/opponent's pets.

Also, Little Marine, Lil' Thor, and Zergling. <==StarCraft
    Howay the lads!

Quote Originally Posted by KaruzeLek View Post
    <Blizzard store family>
    Not really. I rape Lil XT, Raggy and the Deathwing drake with my team.

As peeps already stated in this thread. It's a rock, paper & sisscor game. My tip would be to go for pets that has a good synergy.

Mechanical Mini Thor have been my backbone for a while now, he's pretty OP. but i feel like cat from outside ulduar is OP aswell

for dragonkin the Celestial dragon is extremely useful / OP at low levels because you can heal and just out-last any pet... but higher levels i found that Lil Deathwing or Lil tarecgosa is better.

magic im torn between feiline familiar and mini mindslayer :7 both are somewhat decent, but cant pick one

undead im using mr bigglesworth and Restless shadeling. Mr bigglesworth is fun and cool, but i feel like he's a bit weak... Restless shadeling is beast, but useless against critters

thats what i can say from my experience with pet battles so far tho. i may aswell be wrong on all points, but yeah.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been using Lil Tarecgosa, Murablo, and switching my third around a lot. Tarecgosa is typically a game-finisher.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danmakus View Post
    Mechanical Mini Thor have been my backbone for a while now, he's pretty OP. but i feel like cat from outside ulduar is OP aswell
    Isn't the noam extra good as well?

Mech Gnome was good before they fixed turrets (Turrets attacked burrowed/flying/dodging/etc pets for normal damage) but after the fix he's average.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaktor View Post
    Mech Gnome was good before they fixed turrets (Turrets attacked burrowed/flying/dodging/etc pets for normal damage) but after the fix he's average.
    Meh. How disappointing. Fluxfire Feline?

10+ Year Old Account
    People who ask this question have an inherent lack of understanding of this minigame.

Infact, it kind of reminds me of this:

Last edited by Chonar; 2013-01-11 at 11:48 AM.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    What is then?
    The Celestial Dragon is indeed pretty strong, but I'm inclined to believe Chrominius is stronger.

Deleted
    It's a rock-paper-scissors game. Elemental pet with elemental attacks is a hard counter to mechanical pets with mechanical attacks. Frogs/toads are hard counters to undead pets with undead attacks.These combinations can last ad infinitum, it all depends on your pets, opponent's pets, the choice of abilities and skill.

I found an interesting illustration to this problem: link.