Deleted

Maximizing DPS on Will of the Emperor HC?

So first off, should we be taking barrage instead of GT and use it on AoEing rages? Fervor or ToTH? And when do we blow our AMoCs etc.

I am survival with ToTH and Glaive toss (for the slow, if they don't have any).

And since our team kills 2 rages and then soaks, using the 1 min cd on Deterrence talent of course.

As soon as the bosses spawn I try to pop cds and amoc on 1 boss, then soak with deterrence, readiness, and then amoc + ba on the other one, and then I can soak the next rages again.

Use aMoCs right away when bosses appear along with Stampede and Readiness since you have titan gas up all the time unlike normal.
    I would use Fervor since it allows better use of backtoback aMoC. Also Barrage should win out since mobs are a bit spread which would mean GT wouldn't hit them all.

DoT everything! Is the rule pretty much, keep SrS rolling on both bosses, spread it to Rages with Multi-shot and also dot up Strengths

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 07:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rullis View Post
    I am survival with ToTH and Glaive toss (for the slow, if they don't have any) .
    Did you know Hunters have Concussive shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Use aMoCs right away when bosses appear along with Stampede and Readiness since you have titan gas up all the time unlike normal.
    I would use Fervor since it allows better use of backtoback aMoC. Also Barrage should win out since mobs are a bit spread which would mean GT wouldn't hit them all.

DoT everything! Is the rule pretty much, keep SrS rolling on both bosses, spread it to Rages with Multi-shot and also dot up Strengths

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 07:18 AM ----------

Did you know Hunters have Concussive shot?
    Also Ice Trap / Binding Shot (Silencing Shot is useless on H Will)

I imagine if you're thinking barrage, you're doing this on 25 man, CCing one wave of 4, and then burning 8 at a time, which I think is probably the only place Barrage may be useful. Otherwise, I'd use GT.

If you're SV and your pet isn't providing some important buff/debuff, you can just leave it on the boss. I find entrapment means Rages just turn and bash my pet in the face. I lost a few during progression that way. For BM, the pet is too useful/important for your AoE to leave it on the boss.

AMoC I do double with Readiness on the two bosses when they come out. There is literally nothing that it wouldn't be a waste on before that. Stampede at that time too. Technically, you can fit in 3 Stampedes in this fight even popping one at 1m30 (when bosses come out) if you go to 12 minutes but you should get at least 2 out. Getting in 3 by popping at 0s is probably a waste since they'll be standing around doing nothing before that.

Hunters aren't going to be very high on the meters on this fight. In 10 man, where our AoE is on 4 targets instead of 8, I am usually dead last on DPS. But I soak every spark from Rages, I trap one add every time we're CCing, I concussive every Courage before he puts his shield up and then disengage behind it to DPS it, I snare every Rage/spark, I chain Binding Shot with our lock's shadowfury, I do all the things. Hunters are very valuable on this fight - just not in the damage department.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Also Ice Trap / Binding Shot (Silencing Shot is useless on H Will)
    Don't forget the ever-so risky Explosive Trap, it works great as a panic button but it can also screw over the raid just like any other pushback.
    It's just more risky than any other knockback.. Place it in moderation and really good time.

._.

Why would I waste a gcd on concussive shot, since someone will stun / slow / pushback them a few seconds later? Glaive Toss just helps a little bit -if- there is nothing, also more damage than Barrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rullis View Post
    Why would I waste a gcd on concussive shot, since someone will stun / slow / pushback them a few seconds later? Glaive Toss just helps a little bit -if- there is nothing, also more damage than Barrage.
    Because if you are having issues with killing the shield add, you are doing something wrong

I stick with GT on this fight (25 man) and we don't use explo traps or frost traps/entrapment because all that stuff screws with the placement, CC and grouping of adds. Myself and the other guild hunter are on spark duty and no one expects our DPS to be high. I will use crows and stampede on the boss as soon as they come out and I send my pet to the boss and leave him there the rest of the fight. Both hunters use readiness to pop sparks - there will be two times in the fight were the adds come faster than the CD is up and so readiness is needed to bring deterrence up. (we do the 4/8/8/ grouping)

I was using Glaive Toss with TotH for simplicity however I think Fervor and Barrage would have worked better with our strategy (soaking rages 4 at a time). Barrage and Fervor are both 30 second cooldowns and the rages spawn (and are killed) every 30 seconds. I left my pet on the bosses as soon as they spawned and put AMoC on both bosses with Readiness also.

Here's my WoL for our first kill http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-xk...=10971&e=11702

Deleted
    Right if your talking about 25 Man U wanna be rocking fervor barrage and crows dot everything make sure to have full focus for adds double multi suot ma into barrage into fervor multi spam leave pet on boss and double crows on bosses u can easily pull over 100 k while doing soaking ccing.

While i do fine on DPS on other encounters, i really dont care for my DPS on Will HC. To me, my role is about soacking and control. I do whatever i can to kill mobs faster (thats my only DPS concern), keep them together, stun them, knockback them... So i always pick Blink strike, Binding shot, Powershot and Thrill of the Hunt. i also dont use Readiness plus RF on Boss, i always keep them to use on those waves that i know will be a problem to die fast enough or to reset CD for that needed stun.

But its just how my group works, i know that we cant yet do a 'pretty' kill', so i try to help as much as i can... Probably for other groups where you wont have this kind of problems you can just maximize your rotations to do high DPS on bosses.

Anyway, here is my PoV of our second kill http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Doszy...XEnY24&index=1

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Because if you are having issues with killing the shield add, you are doing something wrong
    I'm talking about rages here.

Serpent Sting.

Assuming you have the basics of the fight down, the one thing that will have the biggest impact on your DPS is multi-dotting. With the buff to Serpent Sting's damage and the focus reduction, we're finally able to do this effectively. Any time you have an opportunity, you should be applying Serpent Sting to any Strengths that are up above ~20%, as well as both bosses. If you can do this well, then you should see a pretty noticable difference in your DPS.