Poll: Do you play WoW wirelessly?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Do you play WoW wirelessly?

Hi,

I am considering going wireless when I upgrade my broadband connection towards the end of the month, so I would like to determine how the majority of you people connect. I would also like to know at what speed you are connected to the internet.

Please indicate whether you are satisfied with your wireless connection if you use it or if you experience disconnects.

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    It plays the exact same on Wireless for me, I never notice any difference. All I can really say, maybe little higher ms or latency, but very unnoticible.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    I get a little more unsure connection when im wireless, but it's really rare like sometimes i get a disconnect randomly, but it's almost the same as wired for me

10+ Year Old Account
    Speed is unimportant, as WoW uses ~4KB/s
    Latencyis all that matters, and you won't get under 50ms on a WiFi,, let alone a 3G/4G mobile, connection..

I play wired, and have 42-55ms latency..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Yes and it usually runs fine, but sometimes my £3.00 adapter cuts out for no reason and I have to replug it :B
    When I'm at home I use an ethernet cable but that's less easily possible at Uni.

When I was in college, my ethernet was what I used for a reliable source of Internet, as the wireless tended to be good but was also prone to going down or being interrupted by other students using their own routers (which they weren't supposed to do). Now that I'm paying for my own Internet in my apartment though, I'd say it works great. I've yet to have reason to break out my cable yet again, and it's good enough I can play shooters like TF2 without worrying about lag, so I'd say it's fine.
    Of course, it really just depends on what you pay for and your setup. I learned the hard way that certain things totally block Internet signal, back when I was staying at someone else's house. Couldn't use the Internet at all in about half my room, where if I moved it just a few inches it was fine.

I don't know how it is in other countries but wireless in Sweden is almost just as good as wired. You might get somewhat lower mbit/s but no lags, no '1 sec' dead time or any of the problems you could get few years back.

I'm at 200mbit though, so it's very smooth =D I get 180-210 mbit/sec from wire and 160-190 mbit/sec from wired.

Sweden.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Speed is unimportant, as WoW uses ~4KB/s
    Latencyis all that matters, and you won't get under 50ms on a WiFi,, let alone a 3G/4G mobile, connection..

I play wired, and have 42-55ms latency..
    I'm personally on a 20-30 ms latency at home with a less than 8mb/s connection. Wireless, that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    In-home wireless network here. Play on my desktop and I can't tell any difference from when the cable was plugged into the box. Latency is usually good: 30-50ms.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    I'm personally on a 20-30 ms latency at home with a less than 8mb/s connection. Wireless, that is.
    I call BS on this.. I don't belive you have even 20ms latency to your ISP, let alone the world..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Wireless and at around 40 ms world and home. Used to play on cable, but its more comfortable now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wired, 100 Mbit. 20-30 ms to WoW, 5 ms to many swedish CS/CSS -servers

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    8mbps wireless is more than enough to play WoW.
    reasonable ms range 35-75
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wireless and I get around 100-200 ms, pretty smooth.
    Howay the lads!

On my laptop, it's great and there is no difference in ms from my wired connection. On my pc I had a wireless adapter that came for free with my ISP subscription. It caused WoW to lag each 5 seconds. I guess it really depends on the quality of the adapter that you are using, but it can be great

I call BS on this.. I don't belive you have even 20ms latency to your ISP, let alone the world..
    On a good day, I'll screenshot it for you.

Deleted
    What's so hard to believe? I personally never go over 33ms when playing, and it's usually lower than that.
    Some people have good connections, just because you haven't experienced it, doesn't mean others haven't.

I'm running 30-35 (wired) consistently with a half-assed cable ISP

Get Leatrix Latency Fix if you don't have it already, it will halve your latency in most cases.

Nice to know latency won't suffer too much with some wireless.

Deleted
    Meh, wireless. Expect a few DCs every now and then but I'm always on 35ms

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    When I do play wireless, I notice very little difference.