Please fix DPS :) (Aracane)

Disclaimer:
    I couldn't find an existing sticky thread, so put me there if there is one.

Heart of Fear:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-wx...ne/?enc=bosses

ToES:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ym...ne/?enc=bosses

I'm the raid leader and looking for a quick overview of our mage, Diley. I know absolutely nothing about mages and taking this guy through trial raider. He's got a good mentality, good listener, and hasn't entirely screwed anything up (except wind bomb one attempt on Wind Lord). It's his first time through ToES and HoF, but I need to know if this guy can be a simple fix, or is it hopeless.

I did a quick sim on a theoretical "low movement fight" like Feng the Accursed and I'm recieving that he should sim around 90k, but idk how true that is for an Arcane mage. Thanks for all your help!

I didn't checked his armory, but i saw some errors from the log.
    1: Change from Living Bomb to Nether Tempest.
    2: Do NOT use Arcane barrage ever
    3: Only use Blast, Missile, NT and Scorch (and RoP) in order to do 6-charge-camping. There is a lot good guides here, thell him to check main guide here.

10+ Year Old Account
    So from what i saw after an quick overview:

1. He is playing without scorch-weaving, which isn't too bad, i do either. But it is very important to know which playstyle should be done how.

2. His burst @pull is very low, maybe he can optimize some things, especially with bloodlust.

3. He is NEVER using scorch or arcane explosions -> that shows, that he is doing NOTHING while moving!!

4. Uptime of magebomb an rune of power should be better.

5. It looks like he doesn't use managems.

@1: For his playstyle a rule of thumb:

- stand in rune of power
    - make sure magebomb is running
    - stay @6 stacks as long as possible
    - AB until 6 Stacks -> AMs procc @6 stacks -> resett with Abarr AFTER AB cast @92% IF no AMprocc is left
    - never do AM @lowstacks save them for at least 5 stacks better 6
    - know the fights, know how to move, plan rune of power and cooldowns

@2:

Prepull:

5 - set rune of Power
    3 - mirrorimages
    2 - intpotion + precast AB
    0 - magebomb

- AB to 6 Stacks and 2 AM proccs (if u @6 and haven't 2 Stacks continuning ABs till 2AMprocc OR 80% Mana)
    - @6 Stacks, 2AMproccs, and at least 80% Mana reaply magebomb and do ur AP/AT/Managem/Trinketmacro
    - for AT what u do depends on ur Haste: 3 states: a) less than 14% spellhaste (raidbuffed),b) more than 14% and c) bloodlust

a) AM AM Abarr ATreset AM AM continue ABs and AMproccs till 92%Mana AB without AMprocc, after that cast u're @85% an do Abarr
    b) AM AM AB Abarr ATreset AM AM continue ABs and AMproccs till 92%Mana AB without AMprocc, after that cast u're @85% an do Abarr
    c) AM AM AB AB Abarr ATreset AM AM continue ABs and AMproccs till 92%Mana AB without AMprocc, after that cast u're @85% an do Abarr

- After that do usual priority list as mentioned above
    - use 2nd AP @6Stacks 2AM proccs but as fast as possible the 3rd want to be synched with AT again

@3

while moving u SHOULD do anything: if boss is in AE range do some explosions so keep stacks up e.g. while dancing at zorlok otherwise scorch!!!!

@4

track both with an addon, work on uptime

@5

Do managem in burstmacro

1. If u have to fish for 2nd AMprocc @6 stacks it will bring u back to 100% mana when u start burst
    2. After ATreset u're @100% Mana again

Hope that could improve his performance.

Abraxis

edit: unfortunately we don't log to often and mostly private but here is a screenshot of Tsulong N 10 with a big hangover @01.01.2013.

Of course my gear is much better, but u can see the burst @pull. This fight is done with the same playstyle ur mage does. No scorch-weaving, resetting with Abarr.

http://s14.directupload.net/file/d/3...ku8xhn_jpg.htm
    Last edited by Abraxis; 2013-01-11 at 08:25 AM. Reason: added Pic

Thank you thank you!

Any more analysis is appreciated!

Deleted
    Abraxis hints are already very good.

Perhaps some additional remarks:
    - I do not see any buffs gained from Food, Potion (Potion of the Jade Serpent) [here you can take one before the pull and one during the fight] even Flask (Flask of the warm sun). I could be that Flask has been taken before the raid and thefore not logged. Probably you already know addons like raidbuffstatus to check, if all players have taken there buff food and Flasks before the pull.
    - As Abraxis already mentioned, uptime like 67% for LB on Zorlok fight and 64% for RoP (Rune Of Power), also 1 use of Mirror and Arcane Power in the 6 min fight of Zorlok can be approved.
    - Only one use of AT (Alter Time) for the whole raid.

Deleted
    Evening Defaulty.

I'm willing to go trough every detail of how you can improve, eventually talk with you, and go trough your logs with you etc. over skype.

If you're interested, send me your skype-id over PM

~Zonzie

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaulty View Post
    Disclaimer:
    I couldn't find an existing sticky thread, so put me there if there is one.

Heart of Fear:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-wx...ne/?enc=bosses

ToES:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ym...ne/?enc=bosses

I'm the raid leader and looking for a quick overview of our mage, Diley. I know absolutely nothing about mages and taking this guy through trial raider. He's got a good mentality, good listener, and hasn't entirely screwed anything up (except wind bomb one attempt on Wind Lord). It's his first time through ToES and HoF, but I need to know if this guy can be a simple fix, or is it hopeless.

I did a quick sim on a theoretical "low movement fight" like Feng the Accursed and I'm recieving that he should sim around 90k, but idk how true that is for an Arcane mage. Thanks for all your help!
    Looking at Armory almost everything checks out - only change to make is put Superior Intellect on Bracers. 170 Intellect > 170 Mastery.

Looking at the logs, however; it's just a rotation issue. He's using completely the wrong rotation and I would advise you ask him to read up, as there's far too much that he's doing wrong to go into great detail. For his item level, fully raid buffed and standing still yes he probably should be pulling near-90K, but instead he's barely pulling half of that.

There is nothing glaring with his talents or anything like that; it's purely a rotation problem. If you want me to go into more detail about it I can do so; just chuck me a PM.

I would like to add that the rotation tips given by abraxis are good, but that a dps rotation dropping stacks with ABarr is behind scorch weaving. It is also more forgiving IMO, which is probably what your mage needs (scorch weaving playstyle emphasises haste over mastery as well btw).

Also, good use of talents for different fights is very important. For example, on Tsulong and bladelord heroic I swap ROP for invocation because frankly those fights are hideous for movement and I tend to pull significantly better numbers with evo. NT should be default choice for most fights because it's higher damage on single target and procs trinkets better, however LB with fireblast glyph is superior by a long way on cleave fights such as stone guard, garalon and amber shaper. I also use LB on protectors because I like to be at the top of the meters but it's not necessary due to heal mechanics.

Furthermore proper use of temporal shield/ice barrier depending on the fight will really help out your healers. It doesn't affect DPS but popping temporal shield right before an expected nuke to your health is critical in some heroic encounters so may as well get used to doing it now.

abraxis gives good tips

also mentioned, the scorch weaving technique (until 5.2) is better than dropping stacks with ABar

with 6 stacks his rotation should be something like: AB, AM/scorch, AB, AM/scorch.....AM with procs and scorch without

also dont wait for AM procs as you should have your next spell queued already...so if I dont have an AM proc already active while my AB is casting then im spamming my scorch, then spamming AB again, THEN if during my scorch I noticed an AM proc that AM will follow the AB that came after that scorch

one more pro tip: AM will refresh/create a charge even after 1 tick....so u can totally reset stacks(if not in AExplosion range) on the move by stopping, AM , then immediatley move again clipping the AM......maybe wasting some AM dmg but having 6 charges when u stop is way better than having an AM proc active with 0 charges. AM do not need to complete the channeling to produce/refresh stacks

also NT for single target fights

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 12:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Serene View Post
    Looking at Armory almost everything checks out - only change to make is put Superior Intellect on Bracers. 170 Intellect > 170 Mastery
    they're lfr bracers tho.....mastery is super cheap and 4 sha crystals might not be the easiest thing for him to justify spending on 483 bracers....farming hof, the 496 ones will come soon enough.....u hope
    Last edited by SirReal; 2013-01-12 at 05:15 AM. Reason: Punctuation.......jk