1. #1
    Dreadlord Cludo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    781

    Should there be a way to leave ranked lobby without having 30 minute penalty?

    So after played Ranked matches pretty much all week, I've started to "Dodge" on a few matches just because of the team setup or trolls about to ruin the game. Once you do dodge, you have to wait 30 minutes before you can re-queue.

    I was thinking, maybe their should be a team vote after everyone has locked in maybe 3-4 people have to vote to dodge for it to actually take effect. But basically you could dodge a match if the team setup is too unorganized (Because lets be honest we've all be in those lobbys where people can't make there mind up on who is playing what role and you end up getting a team completely off the meta) or a troll is in lobby.
    I know this would have its disadvantages of trolls just instantly re-queuing and doing the same all over again just to waste time, If I'm in a lobby with a team setup I know is not going to work well in our favor I don't want to play and lose I'd like a way to re-queue without having to dodge and get the 30 minute wait timer.

    I know this sounds a bit rude me just thinking, "I'm not playing if were going to lose" but C'mon who likes losing raiting! I lose enough to the feeders and trolls.
    What do you think about this, maybe there is a better way of implementing a team vote dodge system?
    Last edited by Cludo; 2013-01-11 at 11:53 AM.

  2. #2
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,457
    Weel if it is due to trolls ya there should be a way. But you need to remember that picks and bans are an important part of the game so leaving after they are done should carry some punishment. You cant just think "o we were out picked, ill just leave" because been able to do that really does destroy one of the games fundamental mechanics.

    I think maybe a 30 second lobby before the game should be introduced where you can talk to team mates and sort everything out. And if you leave there(due to ass holes) it should carry no punishment, while leaving in picks and bans carrys an elo punishment, as it is a valid part of the game and loosing it, should be like loosing in any other part of the game.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Weel if it is due to trolls ya there should be a way.
    Many people call out others for trolling even though they may not even be having the intention of trolling.

  4. #4
    I have never had to leave a ranked queue yet due to a troll, as soon as they start with that random lock with revive/clarity summoners or whatever... just start telling everyone to stay calm, not to leave, let him troll ( it's not like you can lose 100elo to 1 game ) and then report him after the game. Make sure to point out he will get a ban for trolling and lose a lot of time money and skins... just keep talking like that, watch them queue dodge at 2 seconds left ..... profit

    Of course it does rely on you having the balls to see it through till the last second, because they WILL wait till then, and for you to be willing to lose a game, and get everyone to report him (never had this happen though). 100% troll begone success rate :P

  5. #5
    No. People would abuse the hell out of it. And just because people pick particular champions doesn't mean they're trolling. (Teemo mid and supp is viable, trust me!)

  6. #6
    Meh, I wish it went back to being a loss.

    You clicked to join the game
    You did not win.
    Loss.

  7. #7
    you can win this game 5x ap.

    old system used to be that you could dodge but you would also lose one match worth of elo doing so.

    man up, play the game.
    everyone wants to win, there's really no trolls in ranked "omg he took my role troll", "omg he's playing teemo support, troll" "omg he's 0-3 troll"... yea. no.

  8. #8
    Pandaren Monk -Skye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, UK.
    Posts
    1,808
    Their should be a disband game vote option, were x amount of people in your team can vote for it to be disbanded or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Nah, I disagree with your elitist mentality.
    Tier gear should be available during the leveling process. I don't want to have to mingle with these eltitist jerks in LFR to get gear as it is. I pay a sub fee, I shouldn't have to do LFR to get raid gear, much less Flex or Normal.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    Their should be a disband game vote option, were x amount of people in your team can vote for it to be disbanded or not.
    That would be unfair towards the opposing team. When you press play, you accept the fact that you can get a troll in your game.

  10. #10
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Near the Red Buff
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    I have never had to leave a ranked queue yet due to a troll, as soon as they start with that random lock with revive/clarity summoners or whatever... just start telling everyone to stay calm, not to leave, let him troll ( it's not like you can lose 100elo to 1 game ) and then report him after the game. Make sure to point out he will get a ban for trolling and lose a lot of time money and skins... just keep talking like that, watch them queue dodge at 2 seconds left ..... profit

    Of course it does rely on you having the balls to see it through till the last second, because they WILL wait till then, and for you to be willing to lose a game, and get everyone to report him (never had this happen though). 100% troll begone success rate :P
    I do this too :PppPPppPP Whenever someone's unhappy with their role and picks some dumb champions, MOST of the time they'll dodge. All I have to do is stay calm and be all "Yeah yeah, you're reported. I don't mind losing a little Elo if it get's a troll banned.".

    If someone goes "Omg someone leave plz -_-" the troll know's that guy cares too much and will leave.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    I do this too :PppPPppPP Whenever someone's unhappy with their role and picks some dumb champions, MOST of the time they'll dodge. All I have to do is stay calm and be all "Yeah yeah, you're reported. I don't mind losing a little Elo if it get's a troll banned.".

    If someone goes "Omg someone leave plz -_-" the troll know's that guy cares too much and will leave.
    Ironically, I just had the most [insert 20 very rude expletives of your choice here] troll. He DELIBERATELY locks a support at 1 second as last pick after saying nothing in select about wanting to support, support being taken by 3rd pick (me) and staying silent all through lobby. We needed a mid lane, hardly a bad thing to get "left" with as last pick

    So he rushes down bot and stands afk at tower, forcing me to try and mid lane janna with support runes and masteries... Then starts spamming in /all chat in caps lock about how we were all being nasty to him and we were all stupid kids and all kinds of random stuff... totally made up all of it. Of course we lose as he afks most of the game, just using the odd spells to avoid an afk report...

    He feeds intentionally, running into 4 players and then trying to act like it was a mistake, steals a kill on his ult, on a dude on like 20 hp, buys no wards, I have no words for how trollish he was. The really crappy thing is... i have never seen anyone so randomly sabotage a team for like no reason at all. He never got flamed, and no-one bothered him in champion select, he just trolled out of sheer dickishness, and there was no way in which to predict he would do this o.o

    I think i just met the bottom of the barrel in terms of players :<

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    Ironically, I just had the most [insert 20 very rude expletives of your choice here] troll. He DELIBERATELY locks a support at 1 second as last pick after saying nothing in select about wanting to support, support being taken by 3rd pick (me) and staying silent all through lobby. We needed a mid lane, hardly a bad thing to get "left" with as last pick

    So he rushes down bot and stands afk at tower, forcing me to try and mid lane janna with support runes and masteries... Then starts spamming in /all chat in caps lock about how we were all being nasty to him and we were all stupid kids and all kinds of random stuff... totally made up all of it. Of course we lose as he afks most of the game, just using the odd spells to avoid an afk report...

    He feeds intentionally, running into 4 players and then trying to act like it was a mistake, steals a kill on his ult, on a dude on like 20 hp, buys no wards, I have no words for how trollish he was. The really crappy thing is... i have never seen anyone so randomly sabotage a team for like no reason at all. He never got flamed, and no-one bothered him in champion select, he just trolled out of sheer dickishness, and there was no way in which to predict he would do this o.o

    I think i just met the bottom of the barrel in terms of players :<
    I had an Irelia in a ranked game who got raged at me and quit. We were gonna win the 4v5 because we were better than the other team. She came back because we weren't losing fast enough and he she wanted to play another game so she just took our buffs stole kills and fed the entire game. Most horrible lose in my life.

    back on topic. WAAAAAAAAAY too open to abuse. It's like in ranked 5s or 3s when you have one person dodge because you got outpicked. Personally I think the elo loss should be brought back for everything besides solo que.

  13. #13
    players would prob abuse it and it would take forever to find a match.

  14. #14
    I am Murloc! Thallidomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,831
    Quote Originally Posted by StNimrod View Post
    No. People would abuse the hell out of it. And just because people pick particular champions doesn't mean they're trolling. (Teemo mid and supp is viable, trust me!)
    Going Teemo support does mark a big red flag on you for trolling, though. People have come to associate "support" Teemos as those that steal CS, push the lane, and don't even bother to shroom or ward. Not to mention that unless you really kill it in the laning phase, his teamfight capability as a support is very miniscule.

    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

  15. #15
    It's cost vs power. You have the option to disband group, but it's not something to take lightly. Disband means you just wasted 5 or more minutes for every person on enemy team.

    My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

  16. #16
    Would be nice with like 2-3 unpenalized leaves per day or something like that. That way you can save them for the troll picks and what not, and have a legitimate reason to leave without being punished.

  17. #17
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    all over the world
    Posts
    2,505
    i could maybe see if people were intentionally trolling but i think ultimately people would abuse it. the picking and counter picking is essential to the game i think and imo adds personal challenge. im always lookin to better myself and while i love winning i would much rather lose a game and learn from it than faceroll win and gain nothing but elo even if that means i spend a majority of the season in the 1200 range.

    now i do however think that maybe the team should get like 30-45 secs before the pick process starts in order to establish some roles and stuff.

  18. #18
    We needed a mid lane, hardly a bad thing to get "left" with as last pick
    I guess bruisers mid ruined something or perhaps it's Eve/Katarina bans.
    I've got to pick mid without ever asking for it so many times.

    Mostly however when somebody dodges it's because they've got just a slight feeling of being disadvantaged. It's really annoying, like when you pick Karthus jungle in legit situation and instantly being flamed for trolling and have somebody leave.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Would be nice with like 2-3 unpenalized leaves per day or something like that. That way you can save them for the troll picks and what not, and have a legitimate reason to leave without being punished.
    Stretch that across 10 players per game and you can wait half an hour for a ranked match. Everyone will want to spend their free leaves to get the best comp for the game ....

    My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •