Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I played melee Warrior, Guardian, Mesmer and Ranger w/ Knight, Berserker, Explorer and Valkyrie gear sets. Meh. Didn't seemed to make a big difference.
    This is the reason why "glass" gear wins.

Durz, we've had this discussion before we know what both of us think, let's keep it at that
    Also, due to your damage taken is enemy damage divided by your armor (not subtraction), the increase of mob attack power is not as obvious to a tanky (3K+ armor) guardian compared to a glass cannon mesmer, although you WILL notice the difference. With constant protection uptime, a guardian can still take a hit even at high levels (30+, I don't know about 40 or 50 lol)...
    His post is ambiguous, I read it as, "you notice 3k armor, regardless of having 3k armor. Protection will help you survive almost everything"

I already "touched on" why they bring rangers. It's solely for the the "hard rez", while still bringing other things (which other classes can do better). Most teams run with ele, war, guard, mes +x. Where X can be anything that remotely buffs the other 4 meaning it isn't weird to bring the ranger, it simply is a "tad" harder than bringing another guard or a nec or a thief,...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    This is the reason why "glass" gear wins.

Durz, we've had this discussion before we know what both of us think, let's keep it at that

His post is ambiguous, I read it as, "you notice 3k armor, regardless of having 3k armor. Protection will help you survive almost everything"

I already "touched on" why they bring rangers. It's solely for the the "hard rez", while still bringing other things (which other classes can do better). Most teams run with ele, war, guard, mes +x. Where X can be anything that remotely buffs the other 4 meaning it isn't weird to bring the ranger, it simply is a "tad" harder than bringing another guard or a nec or a thief,...
    Oh I know, I'm just saying, I'm going to probably build a magic find set more because I've already got runes and everything for it.

PS: do runes of Melandru work against agony?
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Agony isn't a condition so no

10+ Year Old Account
    Agony isn't a condition so no
    Weeeeeeeeeeeeell it works on the "poison" condition that Old Tom applies pre turning on the fans, so i was thinking it may do the same for agony.
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

mhh, i should test it then but cba to get other gear. It would be quite a hiatus then on anet's side...

10+ Year Old Account
    mhh, i should test it then but cba to get other gear. It would be quite a hiatus then on anet's side...
    Cba? I know I personally love my -25% stun and condi duration in PvP, don't quite have it in PvE yet, but it's certainly noticeable and it absolutely counters builds that rely on you to be stunned/KD/dazed for a full duration (1h blades for example)

I prefer to dodge the BC and then pummel the retarded HB war in the ground

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer to dodge the BC and then pummel the retarded HB war in the ground
    They've become smarter and tend to immob now with the fucking Bolas, those things are bugged or something even when i dodge them it still immobs me -_-'