Thread: No flying 5.2

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
... LastLast
  1. #201
    Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Acherus
    Posts
    2,713
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    It only takes 1h25m WALKING from SW to IF using the roads... and now is what I call fun!

    PS: And yes I timed it a few weeks ago.
    This.

    RP WALK OR GO HOME, ALL YOU CRYBABIES THAT WANT EFFICIENCY WHEN YOU PLAY A GAME!!!

  2. #202
    I love flying mounts and being able to achieve my objective quicker. There is nothing wrong with that. Anyone who likes traveling by ground better has that option. If they don't use it, I'd say there's a reason for that. However, I understand flying not being allowed in a PvP zone. There's a reason for that too.

    But you know, if they wanted to force everyone to go ground mounts but me, I'm fine with it.

  3. #203
    Oh look, more people that can't make decisions for themselves. Good thing we have Blizzard to do it for us.

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Oh boy. How many more times must we get into the Flying Mounts argument. They've been here since BC. Why do people suddenly have an abnormal hatred of them? I love flying mounts.
    I can understand pvpers being angry that someone can gank them and then just fly away (which can be solved in other ways than getting rid of flying mounts) but if anyone gives any other reason its actually, "Back in the old days we didnt have flying mounts and I enjoyed the game back then so that means everyone can only enjoy the game if they do it like I did, I can't handle change and it makes me grumpy if I see someone playing differently than I remember doing it so everyone must be forced to do it the old way. What? Why don't I voluntarily only use a ground mount? Get off my Lawn ya miserable hippies!

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Unlike f______... doing the same thing time after time after time for 1h daily is boring.

    There is just too much mob to navigate to the objective without spending 20 minutes killing unrelated NPCs.
    I haven't played on the PTR yet to know, but are there really so many mobs that it's impossible to complete dailies? There's time wasted, and then there's effort. Which are we complaining about here, really?

    Besides, during 5.2, this shouldn't be any issue anyway. Others will be around to help kill mobs. Form a group or wait for somebody else to pull mobs and walk on by.

  6. #206
    I don't PVP myself so for me this is more or less an inconvenience not going from place A to place B fast enough and the extra cast-time for my groundmounts compared to my instant flightform.
    If people want to kill me during my dailies it's fine, I don't like it but I can't complain since I'm on a PVP server. I just need to get out of the area for a while and then go back again later. Congratulations to you who like ganking/WPVP, I'm happy for you. (no sarcasm)

  7. #207
    The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,563
    Well they have had no fly zones in every expac so that was expected really, It won't affect WPvP on my server, because we have tons of it anyway

  8. #208
    Legendary! UnifiedDivide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    6,009
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Oh boy. How many more times must we get into the Flying Mounts argument. They've been here since BC. Why do people suddenly have an abnormal hatred of them? I love flying mounts.
    Because people have seemingly latched on to one tweet from Ghostcrawler. Him saying HE wouldn't have put them in instantly meant all of Blizzard were against them and flying mounts are now the epitome of all evil!

    Sometimes updated...

  9. #209
    Walking from point A to B, do your quest then back from B to A is going to be a pain, not to mention all the mobs you run into that you have to kill.

    But I love a good WPvP...its going to be awesome :P especially when someone attacks you but you end up killing/annoying them.*evil laugh*

  10. #210
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantabi View Post
    Walking from point A to B, do your quest then back from B to A is going to be a pain, not to mention all the mobs you run into that you have to kill.

    But I love a good WPvP...its going to be awesome :P especially when someone attacks you but you end up killing/annoying them.*evil laugh*
    I'd enjoy it more if well ally actually sorta existed on my server haha

  11. #211
    Merely a Setback Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    31,463
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Because people have seemingly latched on to one tweet from Ghostcrawler. Him saying HE wouldn't have put them in instantly meant all of Blizzard were against them and flying mounts are now the epitome of all evil!


    They must be cleansed by Holy Fire for this betrayal!
    #TeamLegion

    Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

  12. #212
    Legendary! UnifiedDivide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    6,009
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    They must be cleansed by Holy Fire for this betrayal!
    So it is written, so shall it be! ^^

    Sometimes updated...

  13. #213
    Even Blizzard said flying mounts were a failure, so stop saying the issues stem from the players oO Just because you are lazy and want to feel safe 24/7 in the world of WARcraft, doesnt mean everyone likes it.
    One million times this!
    "staph whinning kid if u dont like pvp go to a potato pve server so u can play against bots" -Armiger

  14. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by Motocarota View Post
    One million times this!
    For the millionth time Blizzard did NOT say this, it was the personal opinion of GC that they make the world too safe. It's not Blizzards stance on it and he didn't even say it was a failure.

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    For the millionth time Blizzard did NOT say this, it was the personal opinion of GC that they make the world too safe. It's not Blizzards stance on it and he didn't even say it was a failure.
    This again. I honestly can't wait for them to try something like removing flying mounts, then all the asshats will be crying because without flying mounts why on earth would I ever leave a major city. I'll be content to sit in Org and queue for everything if the other option is to not-fly. The world will become that much emptier.

  16. #216
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    PA, USA
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Oh.. this will be fun

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 12:50 PM ----------



    Even Blizzard said flying mounts were a failure, so stop saying the issues stem from the players oO Just because you are lazy and want to feel safe 24/7 in the world of WARcraft, doesnt mean everyone likes it.
    No one's ever called flying mounts a failure. Adding them simply had consequences for World PvP that the design team never thought of. In terms of artistic creativity, flying mounts are a huge success.

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    You might not have thought of them as that, but the fact is that they are. With the help of flying mounts you now are able to travel around the world without the risk of being attack by the opposing faction.
    PVE servers says "HI"

  18. #218
    Scarab Lord shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Spaniard in Copenhagen
    Posts
    4,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Just think of the people who play on a server where its 90% horde or 90% alliance...

    the lesser faction would produce immense amounts of QQ

    The more fun they might get if they are in a pvp server..

  19. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    I haven't played on the PTR yet to know, but are there really so many mobs that it's impossible to complete dailies? There's time wasted, and then there's effort. Which are we complaining about here, really?

    Besides, during 5.2, this shouldn't be any issue anyway. Others will be around to help kill mobs. Form a group or wait for somebody else to pull mobs and walk on by.
    Yeah obviously there is no one on the PTR.

    PS: PTR realms are more populated than "most" live realms =D

  20. #220
    Pandaren Monk Freia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    1,877
    Quote Originally Posted by YouAreAllWrong View Post
    I think the only reason they put flying mounts in the game was because a lot of their competitors at that time were already doing it.
    And these competitors were?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •