Thread: No flying 5.2

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral KunkkaTheAdmiral's Avatar
    If you have only one hour to play World of Warcraft start on deciding what you _want_ to do in that one hour, instead of stuffing so much fuck dailies into them that they look like a torture chore just made by blizzard to destroy your life.

Back on Quel'danas, the TBC quest hub you had no flying mount and still dealt with it, I for myself watched those PvP'ers killed themself, watched the people who quested and you know what ? I EVEN GROUPED UP AND TALKED TO THEM, instead of living in your solo PvE world. And by the way, I don't play on an PvP server.

Just try to enjoy that game instead of damning absolutely everything that does not fasten your progress.
    "Why do we fight? To protect home and family, to preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind the true question is, what is worth fighting for?"

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    It only takes 1h25m WALKING from SW to IF using the roads... and now is what I call fun!

PS: And yes I timed it a few weeks ago.
    This.

RP WALK OR GO HOME, ALL YOU CRYBABIES THAT WANT EFFICIENCY WHEN YOU PLAY A GAME!!!

I love flying mounts and being able to achieve my objective quicker. There is nothing wrong with that. Anyone who likes traveling by ground better has that option. If they don't use it, I'd say there's a reason for that. However, I understand flying not being allowed in a PvP zone. There's a reason for that too.

But you know, if they wanted to force everyone to go ground mounts but me, I'm fine with it.

Oh look, more people that can't make decisions for themselves. Good thing we have Blizzard to do it for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Oh boy. How many more times must we get into the Flying Mounts argument. They've been here since BC. Why do people suddenly have an abnormal hatred of them? I love flying mounts.
    I can understand pvpers being angry that someone can gank them and then just fly away (which can be solved in other ways than getting rid of flying mounts) but if anyone gives any other reason its actually, "Back in the old days we didnt have flying mounts and I enjoyed the game back then so that means everyone can only enjoy the game if they do it like I did, I can't handle change and it makes me grumpy if I see someone playing differently than I remember doing it so everyone must be forced to do it the old way. What? Why don't I voluntarily only use a ground mount? Get off my Lawn ya miserable hippies!

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Unlike f______... doing the same thing time after time after time for 1h daily is boring.

There is just too much mob to navigate to the objective without spending 20 minutes killing unrelated NPCs.
    I haven't played on the PTR yet to know, but are there really so many mobs that it's impossible to complete dailies? There's time wasted, and then there's effort. Which are we complaining about here, really?

Besides, during 5.2, this shouldn't be any issue anyway. Others will be around to help kill mobs. Form a group or wait for somebody else to pull mobs and walk on by.

I don't PVP myself so for me this is more or less an inconvenience not going from place A to place B fast enough and the extra cast-time for my groundmounts compared to my instant flightform.
    If people want to kill me during my dailies it's fine, I don't like it but I can't complain since I'm on a PVP server. I just need to get out of the area for a while and then go back again later. Congratulations to you who like ganking/WPVP, I'm happy for you. (no sarcasm)

Well they have had no fly zones in every expac so that was expected really, It won't affect WPvP on my server, because we have tons of it anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

Oh boy. How many more times must we get into the Flying Mounts argument. They've been here since BC. Why do people suddenly have an abnormal hatred of them? I love flying mounts.
    Because people have seemingly latched on to one tweet from Ghostcrawler. Him saying HE wouldn't have put them in instantly meant all of Blizzard were against them and flying mounts are now the epitome of all evil!

Rarely updated...

Walking from point A to B, do your quest then back from B to A is going to be a pain, not to mention all the mobs you run into that you have to kill.

But I love a good WPvP...its going to be awesome :P especially when someone attacks you but you end up killing/annoying them.*evil laugh*

Quote Originally Posted by Cantabi View Post
    Walking from point A to B, do your quest then back from B to A is going to be a pain, not to mention all the mobs you run into that you have to kill.

But I love a good WPvP...its going to be awesome :P especially when someone attacks you but you end up killing/annoying them.*evil laugh*
    I'd enjoy it more if well ally actually sorta existed on my server haha

The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Because people have seemingly latched on to one tweet from Ghostcrawler. Him saying HE wouldn't have put them in instantly meant all of Blizzard were against them and flying mounts are now the epitome of all evil!

They must be cleansed by Holy Fire for this betrayal!
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple https://twitter.com/Aeluron1989

They must be cleansed by Holy Fire for this betrayal!
    So it is written, so shall it be! ^^

Rarely updated...

Even Blizzard said flying mounts were a failure, so stop saying the issues stem from the players oO Just because you are lazy and want to feel safe 24/7 in the world of WARcraft, doesnt mean everyone likes it.
    One million times this!
    "So long! And thanks for all the fish!"

Quote Originally Posted by Motocarota View Post
    One million times this!
    For the millionth time Blizzard did NOT say this, it was the personal opinion of GC that they make the world too safe. It's not Blizzards stance on it and he didn't even say it was a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    For the millionth time Blizzard did NOT say this, it was the personal opinion of GC that they make the world too safe. It's not Blizzards stance on it and he didn't even say it was a failure.
    This again. I honestly can't wait for them to try something like removing flying mounts, then all the asshats will be crying because without flying mounts why on earth would I ever leave a major city. I'll be content to sit in Org and queue for everything if the other option is to not-fly. The world will become that much emptier.

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Oh.. this will be fun

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 12:50 PM ----------

Even Blizzard said flying mounts were a failure, so stop saying the issues stem from the players oO Just because you are lazy and want to feel safe 24/7 in the world of WARcraft, doesnt mean everyone likes it.
    No one's ever called flying mounts a failure. Adding them simply had consequences for World PvP that the design team never thought of. In terms of artistic creativity, flying mounts are a huge success.

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    You might not have thought of them as that, but the fact is that they are. With the help of flying mounts you now are able to travel around the world without the risk of being attack by the opposing faction.
    PVE servers says "HI"

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Just think of the people who play on a server where its 90% horde or 90% alliance...

the lesser faction would produce immense amounts of QQ

The more fun they might get if they are in a pvp server..

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    I haven't played on the PTR yet to know, but are there really so many mobs that it's impossible to complete dailies? There's time wasted, and then there's effort. Which are we complaining about here, really?

Besides, during 5.2, this shouldn't be any issue anyway. Others will be around to help kill mobs. Form a group or wait for somebody else to pull mobs and walk on by.
    Yeah obviously there is no one on the PTR.

PS: PTR realms are more populated than "most" live realms =D