Thread: No flying 5.2

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
... LastLast
  1. #221
    Pandaren Monk Freia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    1,848
    Quote Originally Posted by YouAreAllWrong View Post
    I think the only reason they put flying mounts in the game was because a lot of their competitors at that time were already doing it.
    And these competitors were?

  2. #222
    Bloody annoying if this is the case, I dont want to run around all day long. Having World PVP being dead was a good thing!
    Last edited by Appren; 2013-01-11 at 05:31 PM.

  3. #223
    Mechagnome kojinshugi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Posts
    526
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    I'm fairly certain that's the only reason Blizzard haven't removed flying mounts, yes. The community backlash would be too great.

    I support the removal of flying mounts, but not in any sudden way. That'd be bad, as you say. It needs to be done over time, get people used to the idea that their flying mounts aren't needed and that the game is actually better when you can't fly. Hence why Blizzard keep taking away our flying mounts at every opportunity.
    If flying mounts are taken out on PvE servers, I'm unsubbing immediately, and will never be back. I've never made that promise over anything in the game.

    No flying is fine for initial leveling, like MoP or Wrath. It avoids the creation of zones filled with vast swaths of pointless emptiness like Uldum. But everything about the non-dungeon PvE endgame requires flying to be bearable. I don't want to fight mobs while gathering. I don't want to spend 10 minutes running from quest hub to quest hub. My time is valuable and I want to spend it having fun or being productive.

    Make PvP realms no-fly if people are really clamoring for 24/7 gank-o-rama, especially on unbalanced realms.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Yeah obviously there is no one on the PTR.

    PS: PTR realms are more populated than "most" live realms =D
    Odd, I'm on Anasterian US. I've not see, (outside of maint Tuesday and any special raid days) where the pop is over 150 people. Where are you ?

  5. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by kojinshugi View Post
    Make PvP realms no-fly if people are really clamoring for 24/7 gank-o-rama, especially on unbalanced realms.
    There is that item you can use to dismount other players.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

    Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    You can't disagree that it was his personal opinion and not the official Blizzard stance. Read his tweet. He says PERSONALLY

    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...39411524182016
    Stop with this personal opinion crap.
    Everyone knows that blizzard lead devs come out of they way to say multiple times that they dont want people mounting up and moving at 450% speed playign their solo little game,ignoring everything because it "wastes my time".

    Tom Chilton - We know this is a concern and we have some things in mind for helping in this regard. First, we’re limiting the use of flying mounts within Mists of Pandaria to level 90. Second, with so many players taking part in the quest hubs, we think we’ll see a lot more PvP happening out in the world. After all, you have to land sometime. If that’s not enough though, we have an item that we’re adding to the game that players will be able to use from the ground that makes it possible to dismount a flying enemy player (within a reasonable range and PvP flagged). We’re still discussing the particulars of how this item will be available.

    you are playing a MMO
    you are playing in a pvp server.
    Mists of Pandaria is focused in the WAR btw both factions.
    expect to see more and more of CRZ or no fly mounts stuff.
    deal with it.

  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by zshikara View Post
    That's awesome. Now if only they'd remove flying from the rest of the game.

    disclaimer: I don't care at all about wpvp. I want the removal of flying mounts for pve reasons.
    Make ground mounts climb walls, and move as fast, and I'm fine with removing flying mounts ; )

    -Alamar

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazdum View Post
    Stop with this personal opinion crap.
    Everyone knows that blizzard lead devs come out of they way to say multiple times that they dont want people mounting up and moving at 450% speed playign their solo little game,ignoring everything because it "wastes my time".

    Tom Chilton - We know this is a concern and we have some things in mind for helping in this regard. First, we’re limiting the use of flying mounts within Mists of Pandaria to level 90. Second, with so many players taking part in the quest hubs, we think we’ll see a lot more PvP happening out in the world. After all, you have to land sometime. If that’s not enough though, we have an item that we’re adding to the game that players will be able to use from the ground that makes it possible to dismount a flying enemy player (within a reasonable range and PvP flagged). We’re still discussing the particulars of how this item will be available.

    you are playing a MMO
    you are playing in a pvp server.
    Mists of Pandaria is focused in the WAR btw both factions.
    expect to see more and more of CRZ or no fly mounts stuff.
    deal with it.
    Give us the list of your alts/realms. We'll make sure you only WALK everywhere else you are just an hypocrite.

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazdum View Post
    Stop with this personal opinion crap.
    Everyone knows that blizzard lead devs come out of they way to say multiple times that they dont want people mounting up and moving at 450% speed playign their solo little game,ignoring everything because it "wastes my time".

    Tom Chilton - We know this is a concern and we have some things in mind for helping in this regard. First, we’re limiting the use of flying mounts within Mists of Pandaria to level 90. Second, with so many players taking part in the quest hubs, we think we’ll see a lot more PvP happening out in the world. After all, you have to land sometime. If that’s not enough though, we have an item that we’re adding to the game that players will be able to use from the ground that makes it possible to dismount a flying enemy player (within a reasonable range and PvP flagged). We’re still discussing the particulars of how this item will be available.

    you are playing a MMO
    you are playing in a pvp server.
    Mists of Pandaria is focused in the WAR btw both factions.
    expect to see more and more of CRZ or no fly mounts stuff.
    deal with it.
    Yeah except for all those dailies that are not accessible with a ground mount (99% of tillers, 1 entire island of shado pan klaxxi, 1 august celestial red crane 'boss', and the daily pet trainer water elemental.

    And the 450% mount speed for the solo game, thats called the questing experience which ends at level 90. The rest of the game, including the dailies that I mentioned above, was designed for flying.

    Two guys not liking flying at blizzard does not mean blizzard will make it so we cant use flying mounts anymore.

    So lets get rid of this ideal that Blizzard is against flying mounts in its Mop Design because of what 2 guys at blizzard have said.

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazdum View Post
    Stop with this personal opinion crap.
    Everyone knows that blizzard lead devs come out of they way to say multiple times that they dont want people mounting up and moving at 450% speed playign their solo little game,ignoring everything because it "wastes my time".

    Tom Chilton - We know this is a concern and we have some things in mind for helping in this regard. First, we’re limiting the use of flying mounts within Mists of Pandaria to level 90. Second, with so many players taking part in the quest hubs, we think we’ll see a lot more PvP happening out in the world. After all, you have to land sometime. If that’s not enough though, we have an item that we’re adding to the game that players will be able to use from the ground that makes it possible to dismount a flying enemy player (within a reasonable range and PvP flagged). We’re still discussing the particulars of how this item will be available.

    you are playing a MMO
    you are playing in a pvp server.
    Mists of Pandaria is focused in the WAR btw both factions.
    expect to see more and more of CRZ or no fly mounts stuff.
    deal with it.
    None of this says that Blizzard thinks Flying Mounts were a failure. Tom Chiltons comments don't have anything to do with whether or not Flying Mounts should be in the game, just reasons why they're limiting the use of them, something that only needed to be explained because of people who started in Cataclysm. GC's only comment was that HE thinks that they make the world too safe. If they didn't want people to do what you say then there wouldn't be flying in MOP at all but we can still get it at 90.

  11. #231
    1) Nobody is forcing you to use a flying mount, go RP or explore on your ground mount by all means.
    2) Oh noes! You can't gank that player on a PvP realm because he can fly. Big fucking deal. If you want world PvP then organize it, it shouldn't be that hard if you're on a PvP server. Can't find enough people? Because the majority doesn't care about world PvP anymore, go queue arena.
    3) Stop being selfish. You want an entire game changing just because you are too incompetent to do the first 2 steps.

  12. #232
    Mechagnome Flalia4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    512
    Quote Originally Posted by TCceen View Post
    Oh yes totally, and lets remove jumping while we're at it I HATE it. Especially when I'm killing someone at Blacksmith and they Jump in the water... If this was Guild wars 1 or Star Wars Galaxies they'd have to run all the way around and use the bridge instead of the water. It's not fair from a PVP lover's perspective. Jumping competely takes away from the reality of immersion and exploration. Nowhere in the real world would you jump through a river or stream or off a balcony (two moons) to get to the bottom when there is a perfectly good bridge or walkway. People would realize they actually like the game better this way if it was forced upon them. Oh and while we're at it might as well add collision, no reason players should walk through eachother. I used to LOVE this in Asheron's Call 2. Pushing people away to get through, and crowds of people could actually block buildings! This would let us have really neat classes like Tactitians too, who summon walls of elements to block people from getting through!
    I don't know if everybody saw this beauty so I though I'd quote it.
    OT: Everybody on the forums keeps complaining about long boring rep grinds, but you also want to remove flying mounts (because it ruins YOURRRRR fun/ganking) so you can spend even more time on the long boring rep grinds?

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Oooo. Fantastic.

    (also keeps supporting my theory that Blizzard regret adding flying mounts :P)
    I would say it's more because it's hostile territory with Zandalari constantly bombing you everywhere you go, the Horde base being under siege from sea, and a boss flying around the isle of the THUNDER king.
    Yeah not exactly prime flight zone real estate

  14. #234
    The Lightbringer thunderdragon2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    3,363
    Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    So you deserve getting ganked just because you made a Char 7-8 Years ago on a full Balanced Server that is getting empty on one Side now.

    yeah makes perfect sense


    If they remove flying in the Zones i want my Gold back i spend for flying


    Oh and please stop forcing your shit on others.. Majority in WoW loves flying
    not only the gold spent on the skill but the gold spent on the mount + the real money for the blizz store ones

    and i want the full price i paid for EACH and EVERY flying mount

  15. #235
    This is nice. It is fun using the ground mount for a change. I lovd doing so during the leveling from 85 to 90.

    All these people asking for complete removal of flying mounts are dumb, though. Imagine going back to Vanilla nowadays. That would be needless grind.

  16. #236
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Oh.. this will be fun

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 12:50 PM ----------



    Even Blizzard said flying mounts were a failure, so stop saying the issues stem from the players oO Just because you are lazy and want to feel safe 24/7 in the world of WARcraft, doesnt mean everyone likes it.
    Im a pvper and pve'er and love world pvp, but your stupid. Flying mounts don't make you safe they make this giant game more managable. i would tear my eyes out if i had to farm on land mounts.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

  17. #237
    If Blizzard never intended us to fly then the faction HQ's in the Valley of Eternal Blossums would not of been the furthest point from every other place on the mop continent you need to go to even though it is smack dab in the middle of the map.

    The gate would of been open in the west to Tai Long Steppes.

    There would of been a tunnel leading to the 4 winds in the south.

    There would of been a lift in the east leading down to the Jade Forest in the east.

    I dare anyone who says other wise to voluntarily spend the rest of their game only using ground mounts. No flight points, no hearthing back and forth, no mage teleports or portals. Enjoy your 25 mins ride out the north of eternal blossoms, east through Kun Lai, ride the boat NPC through the tunnel, south down the misty stair and to half hill just to do your farming, then off the cliff of Karasang, through the swamps and out into the ocean to swim around the great wall to the Dread Wastes fishing daily area just to ground mount to Kaxxi Vess so you can do your Klaxxi daillies.

  18. #238
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,093
    Quote Originally Posted by zshikara View Post
    That's awesome. Now if only they'd remove flying from the rest of the game.

    disclaimer: I don't care at all about wpvp. I want the removal of flying mounts for pve reasons.
    There is no valid reason to remove them for pve reasons lol

    And 5.2 sound like a royal grind fest hey lets make it even worse, you have to use ground mounts only ....

    Blizz are taking the phrase "time sink" to a whole new level ... again ...
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

  19. #239
    Oh, and 85% of all quests in Cloud Serpents require you to fly unless you would like to spend 30 minutes swimming. LOL, try that on your ground mount! Then when you are done, "Heres the reward for exalted, a flying mount which we don't want you to use!" :P

  20. #240
    Bloodsail Admiral sscavenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,185
    As long as people aren't able to fight the NPC quest givers I think this no mount thing will even out pvp wise. I know on my server when the Sunwell Island opened up nobody could get at the quests for a full week. People were killing the quest givers for and I quote 'lolz'. After they got tired of killing them they just amassed on them with mounts making finding the npc very difficult.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •