Thread: No flying 5.2

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TCceen View Post
    Oh yes totally, and lets remove jumping while we're at it I HATE it. Especially when I'm killing someone at Blacksmith and they Jump in the water... If this was Guild wars 1 or Star Wars Galaxies they'd have to run all the way around and use the bridge instead of the water. It's not fair from a PVP lover's perspective. Jumping competely takes away from the reality of immersion and exploration. Nowhere in the real world would you jump through a river or stream or off a balcony (two moons) to get to the bottom when there is a perfectly good bridge or walkway. People would realize they actually like the game better this way if it was forced upon them. Oh and while we're at it might as well add collision, no reason players should walk through eachother. I used to LOVE this in Asheron's Call 2. Pushing people away to get through, and crowds of people could actually block buildings! This would let us have really neat classes like Tactitians too, who summon walls of elements to block people from getting through!
    I don't know if everybody saw this beauty so I though I'd quote it.
    OT: Everybody on the forums keeps complaining about long boring rep grinds, but you also want to remove flying mounts (because it ruins YOURRRRR fun/ganking) so you can spend even more time on the long boring rep grinds?

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Oooo. Fantastic.

(also keeps supporting my theory that Blizzard regret adding flying mounts :P)
    I would say it's more because it's hostile territory with Zandalari constantly bombing you everywhere you go, the Horde base being under siege from sea, and a boss flying around the isle of the THUNDER king.
    Yeah not exactly prime flight zone real estate

Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    So you deserve getting ganked just because you made a Char 7-8 Years ago on a full Balanced Server that is getting empty on one Side now.

yeah makes perfect sense

If they remove flying in the Zones i want my Gold back i spend for flying

Oh and please stop forcing your shit on others.. Majority in WoW loves flying
    not only the gold spent on the skill but the gold spent on the mount + the real money for the blizz store ones

and i want the full price i paid for EACH and EVERY flying mount

This is nice. It is fun using the ground mount for a change. I lovd doing so during the leveling from 85 to 90.

All these people asking for complete removal of flying mounts are dumb, though. Imagine going back to Vanilla nowadays. That would be needless grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Oh.. this will be fun

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 12:50 PM ----------

Even Blizzard said flying mounts were a failure, so stop saying the issues stem from the players oO Just because you are lazy and want to feel safe 24/7 in the world of WARcraft, doesnt mean everyone likes it.
    Im a pvper and pve'er and love world pvp, but your stupid. Flying mounts don't make you safe they make this giant game more managable. i would tear my eyes out if i had to farm on land mounts.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

If Blizzard never intended us to fly then the faction HQ's in the Valley of Eternal Blossums would not of been the furthest point from every other place on the mop continent you need to go to even though it is smack dab in the middle of the map.

The gate would of been open in the west to Tai Long Steppes.

There would of been a tunnel leading to the 4 winds in the south.

There would of been a lift in the east leading down to the Jade Forest in the east.

I dare anyone who says other wise to voluntarily spend the rest of their game only using ground mounts. No flight points, no hearthing back and forth, no mage teleports or portals. Enjoy your 25 mins ride out the north of eternal blossoms, east through Kun Lai, ride the boat NPC through the tunnel, south down the misty stair and to half hill just to do your farming, then off the cliff of Karasang, through the swamps and out into the ocean to swim around the great wall to the Dread Wastes fishing daily area just to ground mount to Kaxxi Vess so you can do your Klaxxi daillies.

Quote Originally Posted by zshikara View Post
    That's awesome. Now if only they'd remove flying from the rest of the game.

disclaimer: I don't care at all about wpvp. I want the removal of flying mounts for pve reasons.
    There is no valid reason to remove them for pve reasons lol

And 5.2 sound like a royal grind fest hey lets make it even worse, you have to use ground mounts only ....

Blizz are taking the phrase "time sink" to a whole new level ... again ...
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Oh, and 85% of all quests in Cloud Serpents require you to fly unless you would like to spend 30 minutes swimming. LOL, try that on your ground mount! Then when you are done, "Heres the reward for exalted, a flying mount which we don't want you to use!" :P

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as people aren't able to fight the NPC quest givers I think this no mount thing will even out pvp wise. I know on my server when the Sunwell Island opened up nobody could get at the quests for a full week. People were killing the quest givers for and I quote 'lolz'. After they got tired of killing them they just amassed on them with mounts making finding the npc very difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Oh, and 85% of all quests in Cloud Serpents require you to fly unless you would like to spend 30 minutes swimming. LOL, try that on your ground mount!P
    That would give people more reason to get the fishing turtle mount and they could add more swimming mounts and 2-3 person boat mounts. I think you're on to something!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I can understand pvpers being angry that someone can gank them and then just fly away (which can be solved in other ways than getting rid of flying mounts) but if anyone gives any other reason its actually, "Back in the old days we didnt have flying mounts and I enjoyed the game back then so that means everyone can only enjoy the game if they do it like I did, I can't handle change and it makes me grumpy if I see someone playing differently than I remember doing it so everyone must be forced to do it the old way. What? Why don't I voluntarily only use a ground mount? Get off my Lawn ya miserable hippies!
    You should give your glasses to those people

If all people that complained about flying mounts would use ground mounts, the problem would be solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Considering CRZ is only activated in low population zones, I highly doubt you will ever see CRZ active on the Thunder Isle at any point during 5.2's lifespan. Maybe in 5.3 or in 6.0, but by then nobody will care.
    It is also NOT active in Pandaria, period. It's only used is previous expansion content. If you see someone on Pandaria from another server, high chances are they are there on a manual Real ID Invite from a friend.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Ugh, great. If only I had enough cash to blow on transferring every toon off of my PVP server..

Fuck world pvp, it's a nuisance.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    So for a raider like me, who never plays PVP and plays on PVE realm this means:
    -longer dailies
    -more annoying dailies (pulling crap you dont want to, all the daze crap etc)
    -overall more time wastage.

Sigh. At least this is just for that one zone. Propably Blizzard just cba to model this zone for flying mounts to be usable (like TBC starting areas are - made of cardboard 2D paintings), meaning we will get content faster cos they have less work.
    Exactly. And, let me add that for a person like me who _hates_ dailies, anything that forces me to take longer to do them is a BAD thing, IMHO. So, on a PvE realm this is going to take me longer to do my dailies, have to worry about extra mobs and daze like the quoted poster said. Not to mention the asshat allicance that will run about flaged, just on the hope that they will get tagged by some random AoE so they can force some pvp.

Here is an idea -- how about on PvE and RP servers, them make Thunderking Island a non-flag area? that will certainly stop this idoicy.

I dont think you can get pvp flagged from stray aoe.

It just goes to show how fail pvp realms are. They quickly have population ratio problems because once you get to the point where one side starts to loose more often then everyone who gets tired of being ganked goes and faction changes or transfers to a PVE server.

PvP class balance and game rules may be a complete joke, but I am glad to see they are giving an honest effort to bring back world PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    PvP class balance and game rules may be a complete joke, but I am glad to see they are giving an honest effort to bring back world PvP.

tbh they should forget wpvp till they fix class balance

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    If all people that complained about flying mounts would use ground mounts, the problem would be solved.
    This!! The most simple solution!

Gahhhhh. How annoying. Now we'll need to ride through groups of mobs to get to our daily areas, hoping we don't get dismounted. What a bummer.

Fun times ahead. Isle of Quel'Danas dailies are among some of my favorite memories in-game; not because the quests and locale didn't become monotonous. They certainly did. But I had about 4-5 alts at the time and would sign on each and every one of them primarily to fight to the death with the opposing faction for hours at a time.