Thread: No flying 5.2

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOutlaw View Post
    Every time this topic comes up I wait for someone to give a cogent argument explaining how flying mounts are "ruining the game". I'm still waiting.
    Let's say you're playing skyrim,you have to climb that 1000 steps or whatever mountain to get to the throat of the world, fight your way through packs of wolves, and a frost troll to finally get to the top.

How fun would that be, if you could fly to the top instead?

It's similar in wow, you avoid everything in the world, land on what you want, fly off again, I cannot understand how people don't see what it does to the world. You could go "don't use it if you don't want", well for starters that doesn't help the pvp department, and second, people will pretty much always do things the quick way even if they despise the quick way.

Sometimes people need limitations for their own good, they do not have the willpower to do things the hard way, even if the hard way would make it more enjoyable. You could get rid of travel alltogether and make a portal tab in your characterscreen, would that help the game? Some would argue it would, but I would disagree.

Limits aren't always a bad design choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    You should give your glasses to those people

If all people that complained about flying mounts would use ground mounts, the problem would be solved.
    Then they would spend 40 minutes tring to figure out why they can't get up to sky range, the vermen burrow dailies in the side of 4 winds and eternal blossom cliffs, the cloud serpent eggs, the cloud serpent dailies, and the battle pet daily quest trainer on the cliffs between Kun-Lai and Eternal blossoms, you know because 'Blizzard designed Mop for only ground mounts'.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    tbh they should forget wpvp till they fix class balance
    class balance will never be achieved till they delete arena and fire kalgan.

Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    Let's say you're playing skyrim,you have to climb that 1000 steps or whatever mountain to get to the throat of the world, fight your way through packs of wolves, and a frost troll to finally get to the top.

It's similar in wow, you avoid everything in the world, land on what you want, fly off again, I cannot understand how people don't see what it does to the world. You could go "don't use it if you don't want", well for starters that doesn't help the pvp department, and second, people will pretty much always do things the quick way even if they despise the quick way.

Sometimes people need limitations for their own good, they do not have the willpower to do things the hard way, even if the hard way would make it more enjoyable. You could get rid of travel alltogether and make a portal tab in your characterscreen, would that help the game? Some would argue it would, but I would disagree.

You go ahead and limit yourself then and come back in 3 months and tell us how much fun you had. I'm sure we will enjoy the story while we continue to fly around on our flying mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You go ahead and limit yourself then and come back in 3 months and tell us how much fun you had. I'm sure we will enjoy the story while we continue to fly around on our flying mounts.
    ...I have characters that don't even have a ground mount.
    And yes, I do enjoy actually having to fight my way into places instead of landing looting and flying off again.

It's also weird you didn't really adress anything I said. You disagree that fighting your way up the mountain is a lesser gameeperience thene simply flying up? Would be nice to know why.
    Last edited by glowzone; 2013-01-11 at 09:30 PM.

Agreed.

Sadly, 99.99% of players do not play WoW for the story, it's for the purple gear and epeen.

Force of habit I guess :/

The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    And yes, I do enjoy actually having to fight my way into places instead of landing looting and flying off again.

You shouldn't really compare Skyrim to WoW. You also shouldn't force your view of immersion and opinion down people's throats.

Agreed.

Sadly, 99.99% of players do not play WoW for the story, it's for the purple gear and epeen.

Force of habit I guess :/

False statistic that cannot be possibly proven.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

I don't which invalidates both our opinions so they don't matter for shit. Awww yee.

Interesting comparison. I understand your premise, but you forgot about "Fast Travel".

You leveled through MoP, akin to traveling to different locales in Skyrim, and once you saw it they gave you a faster way to get there later.

If you choose to travel on foot there every time after, that's your choice.

I'm with some other people in the thread though, this isn't life ending. It will be a nuisance but we've had the "no flight" questing zones before. I've played on PvP zones during that time and made it through with a few bumps and bruises. If you're on an overpopulated realm who's odds aren't in your favor (and you can't pay to transfer) maybe find someone through a forum that will manually transfer you to a server where that's not the problem?

Life will go on.

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    I don't which invalidates both our opinions so they don't matter for shit. Awww yee.
    Well, if you don't like fighting in warcraft I would argue your opinion is kinda weird, why play if you want to avoid combat, seems odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallikiddd View Post
    class balance will never be achieved till they delete arena and fire kalgan.
    Just stop with the blame game and learn that one person does not make all the decisions in WoW.

Well, if you don't like fighting in warcraft I would argue your opinion is kinda weird, why play if you want to avoid combat, seems odd.
    I only play for server firsts and power creep. Everything else is meh.

PVP is not the only form of combat. Warcraft doesn't specifically just mean Alliance and Horde either. It contains that and other threats around the world. Essentially you are asking to take away Flying mounts because of your PVP. What about those that don't even bother with PVP? Are they to just be out of luck because of your own selfish desires?

I only play for server firsts and power creep. Everything else is meh.

I'm in agreence with you until now.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

I'm against removing flying mounts. Want a reason for this? Let's take it like that, you pay blizzard and you like to pvp, even in the world, ok you deserve it because you are a paying customer and have fun with it, I don't mind. But on the other hand me and a lot of others are paying customers too, we want to finish our dailies and not get ganked by 2-3 ppl at the same time while fighting 2 mobs and making me logout because it's no fun being killed and spat on... Are you saying that you can ruin my fun when we both pay the game to enjoy it? That's selfish and stupid, want real pvp? Organize wpvp events like many do or go do Rbgs and arenas where you need REAL SKILL to be the winner.

Also I love flying mounts (and probably many others), we worked hard to get them and we want to spend time flying with them around the zones and enjoying the scenery from a better PoV or just plainly show them off in shrine of the 7/2 moons and stormwind. I loved pandaria lvling and I can accept no flying mounts for lvling but... the whole lvling experience is "smothering" imo and I wanted (even with my first character) to lvl asap so I could get out of this tiring experience. I don't know even ONE person that didn't say "Finally I can fly again!".

If you want to use your ground mounts then go ahead and freaking use them and pvp with like-minded individuals... you deserve it for the money you pay blizzard to deliver a satisfying game but leave me alone on my flying mount away from you and having fun with ppl that don't make a dungeon group and stabbing me at the back with 50% health, no cds and fighting mobs... This is just pathetic and if you can't admit it I feel sorry for you

Finally... to all people who always say "You should have rolled on a PvE server" or "This is a PvP server you scrub l2p" or "Transfer to a PvE realm then". I have an answer for these - I am a female and I have never had a big interest in video games aside from 1-2 I tried prior to wow so I didn't know what PvP and PvE standed for neither did I want to do a research when I first created my character because you know... I was a new player, I just wanted to try the game. About transfering... sure, pay for it and I'm gone else don't talk.

On another note, I can live with it but I would prefer more freedom in future zones...
    Last edited by Serenia; 2013-01-11 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    You shouldn't really compare Skyrim to WoW. You also shouldn't force your view of immersion and opinion down people's throats.
    He asked why people hate on flying mounts, I give my opinion, if that's "forcing down your throat", don't come to any forum ever.
    But you're right wow and skyrim are diffrent in many ways, but my point stands.

Let's say you can fly in raids, and skip everything and fly right to the end boss,kill, loot and fly back to the entrance.
    Some concept as the warcraft mountain with a questmob on top, diffrence is you get epic loot from the raid.

Do you not see why this makes the tasks you're given less of gameplay experience?

It's also weird you didn't really adress anything I said. You disagree that fighting your way up the mountain is a lesser gameeperience thene simply flying up? Would be nice to know why.
    This is such a silly comparison.

You do realize that in Skyrim, after climbing that mountain once, I can INSTANTLY TELEPORT BACK TO IT? WoW is actually less convenient, because while leveling, not only am I limited to the ground and having to fight my way up that mountain (possible multiple times), but I can't just open a map and hit a button to suddenly be sitting five hundred miles across the map instantly. Even when I do get my flying mount, I still for the most part actually have to spend time flying there, which can be considered more immersive then map teleporting.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    PVP is not the only form of combat. Warcraft doesn't specifically just mean Alliance and Horde either. It contains that and other threats around the world. Essentially you are asking to take away Flying mounts because of your PVP. What about those that don't even bother with PVP? Are they to just be out of luck because of your own selfish desires?
    I said nothing about pvp, fighting your way up a mountain filled with mobs is combat aswell, wich you avoid entirely aswell .(apart the one thing that gives questcredit)

Let's say you can fly in raids, and skip everything and fly right to the end boss,kill, loot and fly back to the entrance.
    Some concept as the warcraft mountain with a questmob on top, diffrence is you get epic loot from the raid.

Do you not see why this makes the tasks you're given less of gameplay experience?
    Talk about a strawman. You cannot even fly in a raid dungeon. At most a ground mount for certain areas but that is it. I wouldn't want to fly in a raid zone anyways. I don't think it is necessary. If you can't use anything other then hypotheticals, I don't think you have the best argument in the world.

I said nothing about pvp, fighting your way up a mountain filled with mobs is combat aswell, wich you avoid entirely aswell .(apart the one thing that gives questcredit)
    Well that is essentially what a lot of posters are griping about. And again Skyrim is A VERY POOR comparision to WoW. It is just really bad to use. You'd be better off using Guild Wars II.

I'm highly surprised anyone expected anything else. Pretty much every instanced/closed off daily hub since the Isle of Quel'Danas was ground only.

The zones are too small to really need flying, and the possibility of being ganked is, as always, determined by the server you chose.
    Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside.

Thank you Shyama for the awesome signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Oh god yes.

Gonna gank Envy big time.
    why?
    10char