Thread: No flying 5.2

Page 1 of 21
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    No flying 5.2

    Currently flying mounts are not allowed in the Thunder Isle

    WPVP Yay! One of the best patches in MoP

    It would be another Quel'Danas or Tol Barad

  2. #2
    Oooo. Fantastic.

    (also keeps supporting my theory that Blizzard regret adding flying mounts :P)

  3. #3
    World pvp is nice. Ganking people doing dailies on isle was always fun!
    Hatred the Fearless.

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Oooo. Fantastic.

    (also keeps supporting my theory that Blizzard regret adding flying mounts :P)
    i dont think its much of ur theory since they have straight out sayed they regret them :P

  6. #6
    I am Murloc! Descense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    5,159
    .....sigh. This will made dailys only last longer. I like skiping trash. But oh well i got camoflage.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    i dont think its much of ur theory since they have straight out sayed they regret them :P
    Ahh, that was just GC. I'm thinking more the majority of the team dislike them. But yeah, good point, haha.

  8. #8
    Just think of the people who play on a server where its 90% horde or 90% alliance...

    the lesser faction would produce immense amounts of QQ

  9. #9
    Dreadlord zshikara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    993
    That's awesome. Now if only they'd remove flying from the rest of the game.

    disclaimer: I don't care at all about wpvp. I want the removal of flying mounts for pve reasons.

  10. #10
    The Lightbringer Zuben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,251
    Thankfully Tol Barad and Molten Front were mostly tolerable on my server, so this shouldn't be problematic either. Before they CRZ-rape it anyway...
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

  11. #11
    Thank God for playing on a Normal server instead of PvP
    Arguing with a troll is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what you do or say, he will just knock over the pieces, take a shit on the board and strut around like he won the whole damn thing.

  12. #12
    Just in time for baseline prep!

    Watch out horde!

    Lol, j/k. Watching won't save you.

  13. #13
    Maybe about time to change to a PvE realm.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Thankfully Tol Barad and Molten Front were mostly tolerable on my server, so this shouldn't be problematic either. Before they CRZ-rape it anyway...
    Considering CRZ is only activated in low population zones, I highly doubt you will ever see CRZ active on the Thunder Isle at any point during 5.2's lifespan. Maybe in 5.3 or in 6.0, but by then nobody will care.

  15. #15
    All this 'flying mount hate' is getting a bit silly now.



    But yeah, why not? It's always easier to find a scapegoat than to admit that the issues with the game may stem from you yourself.

    Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

  16. #16
    Banned Taftvalue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    somewhere in the desert
    Posts
    5,758
    Oh.. this will be fun

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 12:50 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    All this 'flying mount hate' is getting a bit silly now.



    But yeah, why not? It's always easier to find a scapegoat than to admit that the issues with the game may stem from you yourself.
    Even Blizzard said flying mounts were a failure, so stop saying the issues stem from the players oO Just because you are lazy and want to feel safe 24/7 in the world of WARcraft, doesnt mean everyone likes it.

  17. #17
    Old God Frozenbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uk - England
    Posts
    10,614
    Why make me spend 10+k gold (per character) to fly, then earn all these rare flying mounts such as thundering cloud serpents if they can't be used anywhere useful 0o The only reason for flying mounts is rep grinds, then they restrict it so you can't use your flying mount on a rep grind? 0o

  18. #18
    Scarab Lord Chonar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,471
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    Thank God for playing on a Normal server instead of PvP
    Yup. Time to show clickable healthbars of friendly targets though, just in case of hi-la-ri-ous PVP-tagged folks on mammoths standing on NPC's. That's always so much fun.


    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Why make me spend 10+k gold (per character) to fly, then earn all these rare flying mounts such as thundering cloud serpents if they can't be used anywhere useful 0o The only reason for flying mounts is rep grinds, then they restrict it so you can't use your flying mount on a rep grind? 0o
    Obviously so you can use Cloud Serpents in Throne of Four Winds!

    (.. seriously, try it)

    "Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my comrade." - Albert Camus

  19. #19
    Legendary! Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Why make me spend 10+k gold (per character) to fly, then earn all these rare flying mounts such as thundering cloud serpents if they can't be used anywhere useful 0o The only reason for flying mounts is rep grinds, then they restrict it so you can't use your flying mount on a rep grind? 0o
    Luxuries aren't necessities.

    @Yogg-Saron It doesn't take much to realize that flying mounts kill off a lot more gameplay aspects than they add in their current form.

  20. #20
    The Lightbringer Zuben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,251
    Hell, might as well give WPVP a shot. Haven't done that since the ol' Vanilla days. Is Fury fine for it, or should I switch to Arms?
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •