Thread: No flying 5.2

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantabi View Post
    Walking from point A to B, do your quest then back from B to A is going to be a pain, not to mention all the mobs you run into that you have to kill.

But I love a good WPvP...its going to be awesome :P especially when someone attacks you but you end up killing/annoying them.*evil laugh*
    I'd enjoy it more if well ally actually sorta existed on my server haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Because people have seemingly latched on to one tweet from Ghostcrawler. Him saying HE wouldn't have put them in instantly meant all of Blizzard were against them and flying mounts are now the epitome of all evil!

They must be cleansed by Holy Fire for this betrayal!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Even Blizzard said flying mounts were a failure, so stop saying the issues stem from the players oO Just because you are lazy and want to feel safe 24/7 in the world of WARcraft, doesnt mean everyone likes it.
    One million times this!
    "staph whinning kid if u dont like pvp go to a potato pve server so u can play against bots" -Armiger

Quote Originally Posted by Motocarota View Post
    One million times this!
    For the millionth time Blizzard did NOT say this, it was the personal opinion of GC that they make the world too safe. It's not Blizzards stance on it and he didn't even say it was a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    For the millionth time Blizzard did NOT say this, it was the personal opinion of GC that they make the world too safe. It's not Blizzards stance on it and he didn't even say it was a failure.
    This again. I honestly can't wait for them to try something like removing flying mounts, then all the asshats will be crying because without flying mounts why on earth would I ever leave a major city. I'll be content to sit in Org and queue for everything if the other option is to not-fly. The world will become that much emptier.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Oh.. this will be fun

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 12:50 PM ----------

Even Blizzard said flying mounts were a failure, so stop saying the issues stem from the players oO Just because you are lazy and want to feel safe 24/7 in the world of WARcraft, doesnt mean everyone likes it.
    No one's ever called flying mounts a failure. Adding them simply had consequences for World PvP that the design team never thought of. In terms of artistic creativity, flying mounts are a huge success.

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    You might not have thought of them as that, but the fact is that they are. With the help of flying mounts you now are able to travel around the world without the risk of being attack by the opposing faction.
    PVE servers says "HI"

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Just think of the people who play on a server where its 90% horde or 90% alliance...

the lesser faction would produce immense amounts of QQ

The more fun they might get if they are in a pvp server..

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    I haven't played on the PTR yet to know, but are there really so many mobs that it's impossible to complete dailies? There's time wasted, and then there's effort. Which are we complaining about here, really?

Besides, during 5.2, this shouldn't be any issue anyway. Others will be around to help kill mobs. Form a group or wait for somebody else to pull mobs and walk on by.
    Yeah obviously there is no one on the PTR.

PS: PTR realms are more populated than "most" live realms =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YouAreAllWrong View Post
    I think the only reason they put flying mounts in the game was because a lot of their competitors at that time were already doing it.
    And these competitors were?

Bloody annoying if this is the case, I dont want to run around all day long. Having World PVP being dead was a good thing!
    Last edited by Appren; 2013-01-11 at 05:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    I'm fairly certain that's the only reason Blizzard haven't removed flying mounts, yes. The community backlash would be too great.

I support the removal of flying mounts, but not in any sudden way. That'd be bad, as you say. It needs to be done over time, get people used to the idea that their flying mounts aren't needed and that the game is actually better when you can't fly. Hence why Blizzard keep taking away our flying mounts at every opportunity.
    If flying mounts are taken out on PvE servers, I'm unsubbing immediately, and will never be back. I've never made that promise over anything in the game.

No flying is fine for initial leveling, like MoP or Wrath. It avoids the creation of zones filled with vast swaths of pointless emptiness like Uldum. But everything about the non-dungeon PvE endgame requires flying to be bearable. I don't want to fight mobs while gathering. I don't want to spend 10 minutes running from quest hub to quest hub. My time is valuable and I want to spend it having fun or being productive.

Make PvP realms no-fly if people are really clamoring for 24/7 gank-o-rama, especially on unbalanced realms.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Yeah obviously there is no one on the PTR.

PS: PTR realms are more populated than "most" live realms =D
    Odd, I'm on Anasterian US. I've not see, (outside of maint Tuesday and any special raid days) where the pop is over 150 people. Where are you ?

Quote Originally Posted by kojinshugi View Post
    Make PvP realms no-fly if people are really clamoring for 24/7 gank-o-rama, especially on unbalanced realms.
    There is that item you can use to dismount other players.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    You can't disagree that it was his personal opinion and not the official Blizzard stance. Read his tweet. He says PERSONALLY

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...39411524182016
    Stop with this personal opinion crap.
    Everyone knows that blizzard lead devs come out of they way to say multiple times that they dont want people mounting up and moving at 450% speed playign their solo little game,ignoring everything because it "wastes my time".

Tom Chilton - We know this is a concern and we have some things in mind for helping in this regard. First, we’re limiting the use of flying mounts within Mists of Pandaria to level 90. Second, with so many players taking part in the quest hubs, we think we’ll see a lot more PvP happening out in the world. After all, you have to land sometime. If that’s not enough though, we have an item that we’re adding to the game that players will be able to use from the ground that makes it possible to dismount a flying enemy player (within a reasonable range and PvP flagged). We’re still discussing the particulars of how this item will be available.

you are playing a MMO
    you are playing in a pvp server.
    Mists of Pandaria is focused in the WAR btw both factions.
    expect to see more and more of CRZ or no fly mounts stuff.
    deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by zshikara View Post
    That's awesome. Now if only they'd remove flying from the rest of the game.

disclaimer: I don't care at all about wpvp. I want the removal of flying mounts for pve reasons.
    Make ground mounts climb walls, and move as fast, and I'm fine with removing flying mounts ; )

-Alamar

Quote Originally Posted by Kazdum View Post
    Everyone knows that blizzard lead devs come out of they way to say multiple times that they dont want people mounting up and moving at 450% speed playign their solo little game,ignoring everything because it "wastes my time".

Tom Chilton - We know this is a concern and we have some things in mind for helping in this regard. First, we’re limiting the use of flying mounts within Mists of Pandaria to level 90. Second, with so many players taking part in the quest hubs, we think we’ll see a lot more PvP happening out in the world. After all, you have to land sometime. If that’s not enough though, we have an item that we’re adding to the game that players will be able to use from the ground that makes it possible to dismount a flying enemy player (within a reasonable range and PvP flagged). We’re still discussing the particulars of how this item will be available.

you are playing a MMO
    deal with it.
    Give us the list of your alts/realms. We'll make sure you only WALK everywhere else you are just an hypocrite.

you are playing a MMO
    deal with it.
    Yeah except for all those dailies that are not accessible with a ground mount (99% of tillers, 1 entire island of shado pan klaxxi, 1 august celestial red crane 'boss', and the daily pet trainer water elemental.

And the 450% mount speed for the solo game, thats called the questing experience which ends at level 90. The rest of the game, including the dailies that I mentioned above, was designed for flying.

Two guys not liking flying at blizzard does not mean blizzard will make it so we cant use flying mounts anymore.

So lets get rid of this ideal that Blizzard is against flying mounts in its Mop Design because of what 2 guys at blizzard have said.

you are playing a MMO
    deal with it.
    None of this says that Blizzard thinks Flying Mounts were a failure. Tom Chiltons comments don't have anything to do with whether or not Flying Mounts should be in the game, just reasons why they're limiting the use of them, something that only needed to be explained because of people who started in Cataclysm. GC's only comment was that HE thinks that they make the world too safe. If they didn't want people to do what you say then there wouldn't be flying in MOP at all but we can still get it at 90.

Deleted
    1) Nobody is forcing you to use a flying mount, go RP or explore on your ground mount by all means.
    2) Oh noes! You can't gank that player on a PvP realm because he can fly. Big fucking deal. If you want world PvP then organize it, it shouldn't be that hard if you're on a PvP server. Can't find enough people? Because the majority doesn't care about world PvP anymore, go queue arena.
    3) Stop being selfish. You want an entire game changing just because you are too incompetent to do the first 2 steps.