Deleted

PVP weapon upgrade first or just buy other items?

Hi next week I will buy my new weapons 2 1H weapons and was wondering is it better to upgrade the weapons first or just keep buying set and off pieces?

Get the weapons, as of this expansion you get a unique effect on PvP weapons increasing your PvP Power by a lot. This is to make sure you can't abuse overpowered PvE weapons in PvP. The best upgrade will always be a weapon if nothing changes.
    Last edited by Ariavo; 2013-01-11 at 11:08 AM.

Weapons. Dat pvp power

I think he means more whether to up the ilvl of them after he buys or use conquest elsewhere.
    Id say yes if alot of your attacks are based around a % of weapon dmg, which i think majority of melees are thesedays.

Oh oh. I always upgrade my weapons asap. The pvp power gains along with sp/weapon damage are a bigger upgrade than going from a upgraded dreadful piece to a malevolent peice.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dercaderca View Post
    Oh oh. I always upgrade my weapons asap. The pvp power gains along with sp/weapon damage are a bigger upgrade than going from a upgraded dreadful piece to a malevolent peice.
    Honestly I think it depends. If you are a class which benefits directly from weapon damage (Warrior, Rogue, DK, Monk, Feral Druid, Hunter, Enhancement Shaman, Ret Paladin) then I would upgrade your weapon first thing. Obviously different classes benefit from it slightly differently, but for most of the classes that have any attacks that use % of weapon damage mechanics, it's a pretty large benefit. If you're not one of those classes, but a caster, I'd probably grab other pieces.

Oh, and out of the classes above, if you're using a 2-hander, then you definitely want to upgrade your weapon first IMO. Good luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you are a warrior, you first get full malevolent.
    Sure the extra pvp power and damage from the weapon is nice, but most classes really need the extra primary stats, secondary stats and resilience more.

A dead player does no damage and pvp power doesn't help a lot when you lack the other stats to support it. Warriors are just an exception of the rule due their insane scaling with weapons.

edit: misread previous post

I highly recommend upgrading the weapon. You get roughly 1000 more pvp power, and a decent bonus to other stats. It is much more beneficial for players who use weapon damage, but casters also get a boost in spell power from upgrading the weapon as well (more so than upgrading say a chestpiece for more spellpower).

Even if you're getting tier 2 soon, the upgrades made to the tier 1 weapon will transfer over saving you from burning conquest points.
    Last edited by mmmmmmmBacon; 2013-01-12 at 07:51 AM.

Unless you're getting T2 very soon. Buy the weapon upgrade.