Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedomoazul View Post
    So recenly my gf tried to get to know me better after realizing just how many anime/manga series i keep up with and watch/read on some free time. I originally thought i wouldnt be able to get her into anime/manga but i found succuss through "Death Note". So basically im making this post to ask.

What series do women like?

Because I don't know what to show her.... So heres some detail if this helps. She African American, 22, Educated enough that I didnt have to explain the dialogue in Death Note. And is interested in the medical field...And is christian... So yeah.. any help from ladies or gents whom have gotten women into anime/manga post that series. Thank you.
    I've found success in showing all manner of non-anime watchers (including my 55+ year old parents) these series : Fullmetal Alchemist (the original), Death Note, and Code Geass. I think these three anime have intricate enough plots to pull in anyone still on the fence about whether or not cartoons are just for kids. FMA pulls in just about everyone. Seriously, if someone doesn't like FMA they just have shit taste.
    Last edited by Letmesleep; 2013-01-11 at 12:46 PM.

Hellsing Ultimate (no woman could resist Alucards charm ), FMA Brotherhood, Code Geass, Steins;Gate, Fate/Zero, Mushihi, Samurai X Trust & Betrayal.

When it comes to anime movies, all the Ghibli ones are good (Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke,, Howl's Moving Castle), also Paprika, Redline.

http://myanimelist.net/topanime.php has a list of really good anime series and movies, let her check it out, I am sure she will find things to like.

Paranoia Agent, Evangelion and Patlabor.

Patlabor and Evangelion have such amazing characters and all the giant robot madness is just background imo. Paranoia Agent is the twin peaks of anime and also weirdly cute as well as being dark as deep space.

As a female myself, I was watching One Piece since I was very young but recently I tried some more animes and loved Naruto (the series) and some friend suggested me Fairy Tail which I'm currently trying to catch up to 164ish episode. What I like is animes with carefree friends and overcoming obstacles together, helping each other through tough times and sad story backgrounds which make the characters stronger and giving them a burning desire to protect their friends! Some may say that these 3 animes are childish but... fun is subjective so don't judge me. I love animes that have action mixed with a lot of drama that can make me cry and get attached to characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Ah Golden Boy, I loved that. It's hilarious

I haven't really watched anime much, but someone made me watch Toradora.
    One of the best things I've seen and I loved it!

Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.

i also converted my gf to all the anime/manga culture. the first one she started with was fullmetal alchemist brotherhood wich i would advise for most guys to show to their gfs. if you start by another type of anime they might find weird all the nudity or the breast size like my own gf did at the start.
    now after almost a year, she also reads/watches naruto, fairy tail, love hina, 1/2 prince, soul eater, rosario vampire, beelzebub and sekirei
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystile View Post
    Not to derail anything, but how is tech n9ne not mainstream >.>
    Ask 10 people who like hiphop do you know who Tech N9ne is. If yes asked them to name any song... bet only 2/10 people say yes and answer. That isnt main stream.. If anything you should be concerned about how the mainstream just smacked Kendrick with attention LOL

FMA pulls in just about everyone. Seriously, if someone doesn't like FMA they just have shit taste.
    i agree with this, you cant go wrong with FMA

Quote Originally Posted by Dedomoazul View Post
    So recenly my gf tried to get to know me better after realizing just how many anime/manga series i keep up with and watch/read on some free time. I originally thought i wouldnt be able to get her into anime/manga but i found succuss through "Death Note". So basically im making this post to ask.

What series do women like?

Because I don't know what to show her.... So heres some detail if this helps. She African American, 22, Educated enough that I didnt have to explain the dialogue in Death Note. And is interested in the medical field...And is christian... So yeah.. any help from ladies or gents whom have gotten women into anime/manga post that series. Thank you.
    Gf loves anime hmmmm.... we watched many so ill try to recall some

Inuyasha, full metal alchemist, rurouni kenshin, twelve kingdoms, Rosario, vampire knight of what i can recall right now, but plenty more....

Depends on personal tastes really :P cant go and ask "what anime do girls like" as if girls were a single entity <3

Why are some people obsessed about getting others like their (often unusual) hobbies. If they don't like it, accept it or move on. I'm saying it because someone I dated was also one of "those" guys. He didn't exactly hang anime posters on walls or watch them all day but he did try to convert me quite often. Politely saying that I wasn't interested him only encouraged him to push further and if I told him my opinion about it without doing it through the flowers, he was insulted and hurt and spent the whole day showing and hinting how mean I was.

DBZ Abriddged by teamfourstar is golden. Do that first!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I still called it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Why are some people obsessed about getting others like their (often unusual) hobbies. If they don't like it, accept it or move on. I'm saying it because someone I dated was also one of "those" guys. He didn't exactly hang anime posters on walls or watch them all day but he did try to convert me quite often. Politely saying that I wasn't interested him only encouraged him to push further and if I told him my opinion about it without doing it through the flowers, he was insulted and hurt and spent the whole day showing and hinting how mean I was.
    Did you actually give any of the things he wanted to show you a shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I haven't really watched anime much, but someone made me watch Toradora.
    One of the best things I've seen and I loved it!
    I cosplayed as Taiga at Otakon about 5 years ago ^.^

OT: I was sort of into anime before I met my curret bf; watching whatever came on adult swim (Inuyasha, mostly). My current bf introduced me to Evangelion and I was pretty much hooked.

Some of my favorites: Evangelion, Toradora, Chobits, Azumanga Daioh, Nana, Samurai Champloo.. I also love Elfin Lied, but that's rather gory. I started watching Corpse Princess, then I got into other stuff and never finished it lol

What kind of movies does she like? Sounds like a crazy question but depending on some of her favorite movies you can pick some pretty good anime/manga off of that.

Since I mostly read manga now I like few but here are some basics.

Naruto
    Bleach
    Blue Exorcist
    The World Only God Knows

Berserk
    Black Lagoon
    Dorohedoro
    Until Death Do Us Part

Say I Love You
    Love So Life
    Ouran Highschool Host Club

Quote Originally Posted by Ebildays View Post
    What kind of movies does she like? Sounds like a crazy question but depending on some of her favorite movies you can pick some pretty good anime/manga off of that.

Since I mostly read manga now I like few but here are some basics.

Naruto
    Bleach
    Blue Exorcist
    The World Only God Knows

Berserk
    Black Lagoon
    Dorohedoro
    Until Death Do Us Part

Say I Love You
    Love So Life
    Ouran Highschool Host Club
    That's true, it all depends on what other types of shows she likes. Does she like serious dramas? Light and funny rom coms? Action?

Ask yourself what she likes outside of anime, OP, and then choose an anime that fits those preferences.

Mechagnome
    Monster
    That's my sugestion. It's athriller with a small mystisim wibe set in Germany. Quite long.
    Good plot, nice characters. Good character development.

Quote Originally Posted by Orenstein View Post
    Full Metal Alchemist.
    My old girl friend really liked that alot when I showed it to her.
    I can confirm on this one. Pretty safe/complex enough for easy access.

Hell my mother caught and episode and I even heard a 'hey this is good...'
    She then proceeded to badger me for the whole series and she watched it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by savutitus View Post
    Yeah, it's always WAR WAR WAR untill..BY ALL THAT IS HOLY DO YOU SEE THAT ENEMY OVER THERE?? GLORIOUS LOOT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    Did you actually give any of the things he wanted to show you a shot?
    Well, not exactly but from what I've seen, it's either meant for children or has that weird closet pedophile vibe. Get rid of the women who look 12 and act even dumber and the skimpy outfits and well talk

Mechagnome
    Lizbeth, check out "Monster" that I suggested.
    Very different from most anime that's aimed at kids/young adults. It is a very long run. But quite intullectual and worth it, showing good moral struggles through out.