Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Why are some people obsessed about getting others like their (often unusual) hobbies. If they don't like it, accept it or move on. I'm saying it because someone I dated was also one of "those" guys. He didn't exactly hang anime posters on walls or watch them all day but he did try to convert me quite often. Politely saying that I wasn't interested him only encouraged him to push further and if I told him my opinion about it without doing it through the flowers, he was insulted and hurt and spent the whole day showing and hinting how mean I was.
    I would say because most people want to share they hobbies they love with the person they love. It also finds an activity they can do together, at home, with a reasonable cost.

As for the original question I'm a female and I love Dragon Ball Z, Sailor Moon, Orange Road, Ah my Goddess, Scrapped Princess, Death Note, Pokemon (before it came to the US and became popular), I could go on naming for a long time actually! I would try and find one or two episodes to an anime and see if she likes it. If she does you can then buy the rest of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Well, not exactly but from what I've seen, it's either meant for children or has that weird closet pedophile vibe. Get rid of the women who look 12 and act even dumber and the skimpy outfits and well talk
    Well, if you had, then I'd have said he was in the wrong and should have just let you be you. However, you refused to try the things he liked while simultaneously saying they sucked. That's just being disagreeable and selfish. Being in relationship is about being willing to sacrifice; you should have at least validated him by trying them out. He had a right to be frustrated.

Show her Lelouch. Now.
    Steam Big Picture Mode - 4570 - GA-H87N - MSI R9-290 - 120 GB Samsung 840 EVO
    Corsair 250D - Philips 55 LED TV - Corsair RM 550 - Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB

4770K - EVGA 780 Ti SC- Corsair 350D - V700 - Gryphon Z87
    Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB - Samsung 840 250GB - H60

I'd recommend against anything with mechs in it. Don't get me wrong, I love giant robots and all, but for someone who isn't into the genre, its pretty annoying to watch a 20 minute show where over 5 minutes is taken up with footage of the characters entering and exiting their robot suits.

Although it highly depends on what kind of genre's she likes, you could always try the following:

• The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    • Sword Art Online (SAO)
    • Inuyasha
    • Utawarerumono
    • Excel Saga
    • Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

Just a few examples though because personal preference might vary
    Proud winner of the Award: Troll of the year 2010
    Know the Anime Rules!
    I went to Kate's Birthday Party!!!
    (Thanks to Célina for fixing my Avatar)
    Dotje & Minoes I miss you both

Didn't read to see if it's been recommended, but:

Ouran Highschool Host Club, sooo gooooood

No one has mentioned clannad yet? I alsmot cried on the last episode of after story.
    Clannad is a bit different from your average boys action anime though

And the one who said you should not be ashamed of your anime. Not all anime can be watched in pubøic around people who don't understand it

Show her Nana. She'll love it.

Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5 View Post

• Sword Art Online (SAO)
    I wouldn't show anyone, male or female shit. Show her Eiken.

Also throw in a few movies like

Ghost in the Shell
    Armitage
    A Perfect Blue
    Blood the Last Vampire
    Vampire Hunter D
    Grave of the Fireflies

I was an anime fan long before I started reading manga but watching things like short animes like Serial Expirements Lain, Trigun or movies does help pull people in because they can see what having watched a "finished" anime feels like. And in cases like Berserk or Trigun they can go get the manga to get more information that was left out of the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Monolith of Mazes View Post
    Didn't read to see if it's been recommended, but:

Ouran Highschool Host Club, sooo gooooood
    oh yea, she loved it, i love it how did i forget it?!

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Maybe not the infinite loop part though, it bored even me.

Hmm fate/stay night? aside from the ones I mentioned which my gf liked.

Brewmaster
    Oh god you showed her death note?!... well dude best of luck ever comparing to L :P.

But anyway I'd suggest just showing her anything you like tbh. FMA is always good (and I would suggest FMA before FMA:B, the first 15 episodes of FMA:B are so badly done in terms of pacing I almost stopped watching it before it actually got good).

Any anime, personally I'd get her started on anime released in HD. It's easier getting in to something when it looks pretty. It's not very relevant what kind of anime as everybody has a different taste...go for mainstream anime as there is a reason why it is mainstream (it's good). So Bleach, Naruto, One Piece or Fairy Tail...I myself would start with Fairy Tail or Full Metal Alchemist if I were in your shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    oh yea, she loved it, i love it how did i forget it?!

Maybe not the infinite loop part though, it bored even me.

Hmm fate/stay night? aside from the ones I mentioned which my gf liked.
    Stay/night is like a bastard child compared to Fate/zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    My GF loves Hellsing Ultimate OVA I think its called? Gungrave, Full Metal Panic and Elfin Lied.
    If you ever get tired of her, send her my way as she has spectacular taste in Anime unlike most women I know who watch lame shit like Chobits.

Quote Originally Posted by Daskapital View Post
    I'd recommend against anything with mechs in it. Don't get me wrong, I love giant robots and all, but for someone who isn't into the genre, its pretty annoying to watch a 20 minute show where over 5 minutes is taken up with footage of the characters entering and exiting their robot suits.
    Well, you would not want one that spends most of the time on Mechs. Something like Eureka 7, that has mechs, but focuses on story and people is easy to get girls into. Especially with the coming of age tale of both Renton and Eureka.

Quote Originally Posted by galluk View Post
    Well, you would not want one that spends most of the time on Mechs. Something like Eureka 7, that has mechs, but focuses on story and people is easy to get girls into. Especially with the coming of age tale of both Renton and Eureka.
    Big O is also a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedomoazul View Post
    So recenly my gf tried to get to know me better after realizing just how many anime/manga series i keep up with and watch/read on some free time. I originally thought i wouldnt be able to get her into anime/manga but i found succuss through "Death Note". So basically im making this post to ask.

What series do women like?

Because I don't know what to show her.... So heres some detail if this helps. She African American, 22, Educated enough that I didnt have to explain the dialogue in Death Note. And is interested in the medical field...And is christian... So yeah.. any help from ladies or gents whom have gotten women into anime/manga post that series. Thank you.
    Fruits Basket!

When we were younger, we used to joke about it being the universal introductory anime for people. 60% of the time, it works every time.
    Listen kiddos, trust Handsome Jack. You want every part of this insanity.
    So many people are gonna die.

Formerly Ryngo Blackratchet

As a woman, I can vouch for the fact that there's no specified series that women like.

I personally have been enjoying Elfen Lied and Blood+ recently, and previous favorites were Claymore, Trigun, and Gundam (Gundam Wing, in particular - series hit a high point there).

My brother introduced me to DBZ back in the day (I tried getting in via Sailor Moon, and I hated that series from the start). So it's a matter of whatever the person is interested in. If she's interested in cute things, perhaps something from CLAMP would be a great start - Tsubasa is an amazing manga. If she's like me and not a terribly girly person, then probably some of the ones I mentioned earlier.

Edit: Wanted to add Death Note isn't bad - it's a nice little "murder mystery"-esque series, but really not my favorite. I did like the live-action movies, but I just wanted to punch Light in the face.

The Lightbringer
    Not sure if anyone mentioned it.

How about Oren Host Club?