Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    IMO
    1: Kingdom Hearts 2
    2: Final Fantasy X
    3: .hack//G.U. trilogy

Worthy mentions: Persona 3 and 4, Star Ocean: Till the end of time and Dragon Quest VIII
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-01-11 at 06:15 PM.

1: Shadow Hearts
    2: Final Fantasy 10
    3: Wild Arms 3 or Grandia 3

Deleted
    1) Shadow Hearts
    2) Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits
    3) Kingdom Hearts 2

FFX doesn't even make my top 10. It's good, but there was a LOT of competition for the PS2.

i guess we can all agree that the best rpgs are then as follows:

final fantasy X
    shadow hearts 2
    .hack series
    star ocean till the end of time
    kingdom hearts
    Last edited by Mordin Solus; 2013-01-11 at 09:06 PM.
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by tnpm View Post
    i guess we can all agree that the best rpgs are then as follows:

final fantasy X
    shadow hearts 2
    .hack series
    star ocean till the end of time
    shadow hearts 2
    kingdom hearts
    I like how Shadow Hearts 2 is so good it apears twice on your list
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2013-01-11 at 08:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    .Dragon Quest xiii
    .Star Ocean till the end of time
    .Dark Cloud 2
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    You know what to do if you believe I have done so.

I'm sure the rest of us understand that that's what I'd pick, regardless of what console the game was originally released on.
    Yeah ok. But the OP didn't ask what you'll pick. He asked what RPG games are good for the PS2. Thet were specifically made for that generation. He would have said both PS1 and 2 if he wanted. I'm pretty sure he said PS2 for a reason. If he asked for the PS3 would you still say 9 just cause you can play it on that console? Or slash and hack games for the PC would you say God of War just because you emulate it?

OT:

Kingdom Hearts
    Final Fantasy X
    Kingdom Hearts 2

Im going for Kingdom heart 1 and 2, and FFX.

Just too amazing for the PS2. Interestingly enough my playstation 1 list would be different. Funny how the thread is talking about only one of the two systems though!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Yeah ok. But the OP didn't ask what you'll pick. He asked what RPG games are good for the PS2. That were specifically made for that generation. He would have said both PS1 and 2 if he wanted. I'm pretty sure he said PS2 for a reason. If he asked for the PS3 would you still say 9 just cause you can play it on that console? Or slash and hack games for the PC would you say God of War just because you emulate it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuma View Post
    What do you think is the Top 3 must play RPGs of PS2?
    I'm assuming he meant "on", so, my choices still stand, yes I would if he said PS3, and I'm not a hacker-slasher player, so I don't know.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Disgaea
    Disgaea 2
    Final Fantasy X

No particluar order but I do find 2 is a better game then one. That said there are a ton of other great RPGs of the PS2 era that I simply took my top 3 favorites. There's may more I'd love to list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wild Arms 3
    Kingdom Hearts 2
    Tales of the Abyss

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow Hearts 1/2
    Suikoden 3-5
    Wild Arms 3

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    I like how Shadow Hearts 2 is so good it apears twice on your list
    I second this. xD

1: The Bard's Tale Is one of my favorite games of all time. It should have gotten a lot more press when it came out as it's just one of those little gems that you remember for years.
    2: Dragon Warrior XIII
    3: Final Fantasy X

Pretty hard to pick just three, and I would have to say I think the best games came out of the PS2-PS1 generation and there were so many great RPG's.

I hate having to narrow it down to three.

Shadow Hearts: Covenant
    Final Fantasy X
    Grandia II

Zaelsino is going to sniff this thread out and back me up on SH:C, just you wait!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh, as if I didn't know already that the readers of MMO-C had the BEST taste in anything, this thread would confirm it beyond all arguement.

It makes me... SO happy to see so many people saying my favourite game of ALL time, namely, Shadow Hearts Covenant (it also makes me happy to beat Zaelsino to posting how EPIC SH:C was for once ) I cannot begin to describe how much I love this game, just... EVERYTHING about it was perfect, in fact the only thing that makes it NOT perfect is that I don't have a console right now that can play it .

But to make it official, my list would be:

1 - Shadow Hearts Covenant: best game EVER. Amazing historically based story(kinda ), one of the COOLEST combat systems every created, the most badass main character EVER (Seriously, take Yuri with Dark Seraphim against every FF Protagonist ever and my money would still be on Yuri.), some of the most hilarious (and hilariously WRONG) moments in gaming history and add in the first time a computer game made me cry... Yeah, I don't think this game will EVER be beaten for me.
    2 - Final Fantasy X: the last great Final Fantasy(if only for Auron and Blitzball.... seriously, how good was Blitzball?), after this it pretty much went to shit IMO, with XI being an MMO XII being boring as fuck and XIII being... acceptable, but HIGHLY flawed
    3 - This is where it gets tricky.... as there were SO freaking many good RPG's on the PS2, hence why it is IMO the greatest console of all time.... it's kinda hard to narrow down a solid third place.. I could copy Tnpm and just say SHC again ... Or if we're allowing SRPGS Disgaea and Suikoden Tactics were both excellent

GAH it's too hard to decide! Ya know what? I'll say Legaia 2, there are probably games out there that beat it on graphics, story, characters etc... but I LOVE the combat system experimenting with different combos etc was really fun and super addictive.... good game
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    erm Kingdom Hearts series... dunno if thats a RPG but its a must play.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Deleted
    1. FFX
    2.DQviii
    3. Kingdom hearts

FFX was the last good ff game, although quite linear i think the story was amazing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by razisgosu View Post
    Where's the Persona love at. Persona 3 and Persona 4 for sure.
    Definitely those two. They both blow my mind away.

And Kingdom Hearts. A series which I hold very dear.

1.Baldur's Gate 2
    2.Dark Cloud
    3.Gladius

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Ahh, as if I didn't know already that the readers of MMO-C had the BEST taste in anything, this thread would confirm it beyond all arguement.

It makes me... SO happy to see so many people saying my favourite game of ALL time, namely, Shadow Hearts Covenant (it also makes me happy to beat Zaelsino to posting how EPIC SH:C was for once ) I cannot begin to describe how much I love this game, just... EVERYTHING about it was perfect, in fact the only thing that makes it NOT perfect is that I don't have a console right now that can play it .

But to make it official, my list would be:

1 - Shadow Hearts Covenant: best game EVER. Amazing historically based story(kinda ), one of the COOLEST combat systems every created, the most badass main character EVER (Seriously, take Yuri with Dark Seraphim against every FF Protagonist ever and my money would still be on Yuri.), some of the most hilarious (and hilariously WRONG) moments in gaming history and add in the first time a computer game made me cry... Yeah, I don't think this game will EVER be beaten for me.
    2 - Final Fantasy X: the last great Final Fantasy(if only for Auron and Blitzball.... seriously, how good was Blitzball?), after this it pretty much went to shit IMO, with XI being an MMO XII being boring as fuck and XIII being... acceptable, but HIGHLY flawed
    3 - This is where it gets tricky.... as there were SO freaking many good RPG's on the PS2, hence why it is IMO the greatest console of all time.... it's kinda hard to narrow down a solid third place.. I could copy Tnpm and just say SHC again ... Or if we're allowing SRPGS Disgaea and Suikoden Tactics were both excellent

GAH it's too hard to decide! Ya know what? I'll say Legaia 2, there are probably games out there that beat it on graphics, story, characters etc... but I LOVE the combat system experimenting with different combos etc was really fun and super addictive.... good game
    Just outta curiousity, since you seem to enjoy combat systems, have you played Grandia II? It's one of my favorites (I may even like it better than SH:C's )