Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    sony lost 5.7 billion dollars this year and its the 4th year of annual losses. that means for the past 4 years sony has made NO money theyve only lost money
    Most of their losses is from making sh*t like this:



    and from a bunch of their electronics like TVs, phones and such being overpriced.
    Kuroiwolf - 90 Brewmaster Monk
    Youtube Account Twitch TV
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    Most of their losses is from making sh*t like this:



    and from a bunch of their electronics like TVs, phones and such being overpriced.
    yes sony has also made a loss on alot of its other products as well. it doesnt change the fact that the ps3 didnt sell for a profit for quit some time, and the vita is doa.

    sony CANNOT afford to make a system that sells for more than 400$ and if the ps4 doesnt sell well their WILL NOT be a ps5.

    that is just the way it is for sony right now. i really hope sony can turn it around and i really hope they learned from their mistakes i personally prefer the ps3 over the 360. id hate to see one of the great three go down but its the sad facts of life that if it doesnt sell well sony will
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  3. #43
    I am Murloc! Cyanotical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yes sony has also made a loss on alot of its other products as well. it doesnt change the fact that the ps3 didnt sell for a profit for quit some time, and the vita is doa.

    sony CANNOT afford to make a system that sells for more than 400$ and if the ps4 doesnt sell well their WILL NOT be a ps5.

    that is just the way it is for sony right now. i really hope sony can turn it around and i really hope they learned from their mistakes i personally prefer the ps3 over the 360. id hate to see one of the great three go down but its the sad facts of life that if it doesnt sell well sony will
    i would also blame this on companies like EA and Activision, rather than invest in new fun games, we get rehashed crap, untill they return to the fun games of the PS2/Xbox era, consoles wont be as profitable

    take me as a customer, i can buy a new PS4 or Xbox720, but i wont, because i look at the wall of games on the shelf at gamestop and see nothing fun or interesting, why buy a console when there is nothing fun to do with it

    i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | RV05
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

  4. #44
    Brewmaster Xl House lX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    1,262
    Quote Originally Posted by hitmanblood View Post
    I was watching some PC vs console videos at work today, i work graveyard so i don't have much to do, and a thought was bubbling through my head. With the New Microsoft console and new Sony console coming out (rumored) this year, and their upgraded processing and graphical power. Will this finally allow the gap between PC and console games to shrink a little.

    By that i mean with upgraded hardware comes developers making games with better graphics and technology. As you all know, games are being ported left and right instead of truly being made for PC and the console. Were seeing a lot of mainstream games with very little graphical options other then resolution and some texture settings here and there.

    If you check my signature, i would have what you would call a mid to high range desktop computer. No where near the best, but not a slouch either. Now if rumors are true, and also manufacturing cycles, the new consoles should have the last generation of GPUs the 6000's ect. That is still a major jump up from last generation consoles.

    Even with the upgraded hardware, they are STILL generations behind. So with another 7 year cycle (average) PC's should be so far ahead at that point it wouldn't even be funny. There is a possibility of shorter console cycles from the future on.


    Will we see PC games actually have the graphics that will bring our systems to there knees like when the first Crysis came out. Or will PC ports continue to be horrible bunched up Coding. Now that is my opinion on PC ports, i just think most good games now adays are lazy PC ports. Some exceptions, Far cry 3 for one.

    What do you think is the Pc development future for true pc ports, or lazy console ports.
    So what you're missing here man is the difference between console and pc gamers. When you say PC or computer to you're average person they will probably think of a laptop. Why is this significant? Because most people have very average laptops, nothing that could come close to a system of a "Pc Gamer". Therefore, a lot of people don't associate gaming with computers, but rather a console.

    Because of that, consoles will always compete against pc games.

    And a bit off topic: Just because something doesn't have the latest and greatest hardware doesn't mean its bad. Halo 4 is visually one of the best video games I have seen ever, and we're talking about a game exclusive to a console with hardware years behind the latest.
    Call me House.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by XanaduNL View Post
    Btw, neither are coming out this year. They are expected to be announced though.
    I see at lease Ps4 coming out this year. There is already a countdown on major nelson's twitter and everyone thinks its to announce the next xbox.

    The 2nd half of this year Sony has nothing coming out so that shows that there many be a ps4 lease. Its nearly a 100% fact that ether Xbox or Ps4 will come out this year with all the info given and with how games are releasing this year.

    All it really is is a wait and see.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Jtbrig7390 "fallow for streaming details and all types of game updates"
    My Twitch Streaming Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    i would also blame this on companies like EA and Activision, rather than invest in new fun games, we get rehashed crap, untill they return to the fun games of the PS2/Xbox era, consoles wont be as profitable

    take me as a customer, i can buy a new PS4 or Xbox720, but i wont, because i look at the wall of games on the shelf at gamestop and see nothing fun or interesting, why buy a console when there is nothing fun to do with it
    i think this has less to do with the companies themselves and just to do with how much it costs to make games these days. its alot like movies they cost so much to make that until someone with a lower budget goes out and makes a popular movie that proves a certain genre is profitable they just arent willing to take the risk.

    thats something i like about nintendo they kind of do the "go out and check" by themselves, the main games are usually pretty standard but on the lower budget spin offs they experiment alot more and if the audience likes them alot of times it gets incorporated into the main games in some way
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  7. #47
    If I had to guess release dates; Xbox 720 around the start of October~ and PS4 March-May 2014

    I have an xbox360 but I haven't played it in over a year because there simply hasn't been any releases that I've wanted to buy, plus I built myself a new PC in September, with the games that I've wanted to get being ported anyways hasn't made it an issue at all.

    I might get the PS4 for some exclusive titles but I think that might be it.
    Last edited by Yohassakura; 2013-01-12 at 04:01 AM.
    Kuroiwolf - 90 Brewmaster Monk
    Youtube Account Twitch TV
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I see at lease Ps4 coming out this year. There is already a countdown on major nelson's twitter and everyone thinks its to announce the next xbox.

    The 2nd half of this year Sony has nothing coming out so that shows that there many be a ps4 lease. Its nearly a 100% fact that ether Xbox or Ps4 will come out this year with all the info given and with how games are releasing this year.

    All it really is is a wait and see.
    its possible but its very unlikely. the most likely date is atleast a year from everyday it isnt announced. once its announced you can almost guarantee it will come out about a year after that.

    unless theyve managed to pull some voodoo magic its very unlikely they will be out by the end of the year
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  9. #49
    I am Murloc! Cyanotical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Trogdora View Post
    Halo 4 is visually one of the best video games I have seen ever, and we're talking about a game exclusive to a console with hardware years behind the latest.
    http://i.imgur.com/pBfHA.jpg

    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i think this has less to do with the companies themselves and just to do with how much it costs to make games these days. its alot like movies they cost so much to make that until someone with a lower budget goes out and makes a popular movie that proves a certain genre is profitable they just arent willing to take the risk.

    thats something i like about nintendo they kind of do the "go out and check" by themselves, the main games are usually pretty standard but on the lower budget spin offs they experiment alot more and if the audience likes them alot of times it gets incorporated into the main games in some way
    part of this is the inclusion of multiplayer, EA has announced they wont be making any games that dont have a heavy multiplayer aspect, which makes me worry about crysis3

    online multiplayer was really cool when it first debuted on console, but since then it has become a crutch for developers to spew out crap and just rely on the multiplayer to keep the game going

    i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | RV05
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

  10. #50
    if i were to guess the dates id say most likely sometime between early summer and early winter for the release dates.

    i also expect nintendo to do a price cut on the wiiu right around the time their either announced or released.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 10:59 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/pBfHA.jpg



    part of this is the inclusion of multiplayer, EA has announced they wont be making any games that dont have a heavy multiplayer aspect, which makes me worry about crysis3

    online multiplayer was really cool when it first debuted on console, but since then it has become a crutch for developers to spew out crap and just rely on the multiplayer to keep the game going
    yeah its a shame that these days unless its a jrpg the singleplayer isnt that long. i also miss split screen multiplayer not enough games support that these days
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    its possible but its very unlikely. the most likely date is atleast a year from everyday it isnt announced. once its announced you can almost guarantee it will come out about a year after that.

    unless theyve managed to pull some voodoo magic its very unlikely they will be out by the end of the year
    Well its already been said that the next modern warfare will be on both xbox 360 and The xbox. So i can see at lease the new xbox coming out round MW4 release date and why not release ur new system with a COD on it that alone will make it sell a lot.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Jtbrig7390 "fallow for streaming details and all types of game updates"
    My Twitch Streaming Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yeah its a shame that these days unless its a jrpg the singleplayer isnt that long.
    i also miss split screen multiplayer not enough games support that these days
    True story bro.

    Lack of split-screen games doesn't bother me... *forever alone*.
    Kuroiwolf - 90 Brewmaster Monk
    Youtube Account Twitch TV
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    True story bro.

    Lack of split-screen games doesn't bother me... *forever alone*.
    I mostly play online as well but its a sad thing that split screen is going hell only games doing it really is gears of war and army of two "as far as i can remember atm"
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-01-12 at 04:17 AM.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Jtbrig7390 "fallow for streaming details and all types of game updates"
    My Twitch Streaming Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  14. #54
    Field Marshal hitmanblood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    True story bro.

    Lack of split-screen games doesn't bother me... *forever alone*.
    '

    The day Pc games finally come with split screen like console brothers, that would be the day
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.6GHZ | Nvidia GTX 970 Reference Cooler OC'd | MSI Z97-GD65 Gaming 5 | 8GB Cosair Vengence 1600 | 128GB Vertex 4 |3TB Seagate Barracuda | AX750 | Cooler Master Storm Enforcer | CM Hyper 212 EVO | ASUS VS229H-P Black 21.5 IPS | AOC 1080p | Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 | Logitech g600 | Sennheiser HD558

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •