Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fooliuscaesar13 View Post
    Swimming across the river from Elwynn forest at level 9 to the banks of Duskwood, only to have a wolf mob, whose level was "skull", melt my face. That, combined with the haunting music of Duskwood, made my skin crawl back in Sept of 2006.
    For me, it was a spider from Duskwood. Freaked me out. I was running away because I acidentally pulled too many of the gnolls....across the river to safety....yay!...or so I thought....lol

My other memory was trying to solo some mobs in SFK as a Pally (it was impossible to get groups on my server), when trying to get a piece for Verigan's fist. I would pull 2 mobs, kill 1, run out of instance. Rinse and repeat the whole way....lol.
    Last edited by yjmark; 2013-01-11 at 07:08 PM.

Blood of Heroes in Eastern Plaguelands.
    Everyone who remembers them can probably admit to getting killed the first time they touched one.

Quote Originally Posted by Terfin View Post
    That is, if you could train the spell.

"Guys, check it out - the boss dropped a Handbook of Backstab IX!"

I still remember being super excited about getting that on my rogue.
    I'm not some "omg Vanilla" player.. but I do wish that was still in the game. I would have loved to go through that. I bet it felt so great.

For me: My first time in Deadmines when I didn't even know this game had "instances" I thought it was the coolest, most scary thing ever.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I miss having an aura for every occasion. Now I have an aura for, oh wait... I don't have auras anymore.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

The first time I successfully charged back through the air to Ragnaros in MC after getting knocked back....

Also, waiting to get individual healthstones...and rezzing mana users first so they could drink while the other rezzes went out

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    I miss having an aura for every occasion. Now I have an aura for, oh wait... I don't have auras anymore.
    lol - at least there is no more "who has Crusader Aura on?" in raids. Been guilty of that a few times myself. Personally, I thought auras were pretty cool. Too bad they didn't just rework them instead of removing them completely.

going into Ironforge for the first time and hearing that music and just being in awe of it all.. was hooked from there ever since

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    lol - at least there is no more "who has Crusader Aura on?" in raids. Been guilty of that a few times myself. Personally, I thought auras were pretty cool. Too bad they didn't just rework them instead of removing them completely.
    Back in wrath I was in a 10man guild (very casual) and we raided with 4 paladins, we always used crusader aura! We rarely killed new bosses when we were short of a paladin so for us it was always "Why don't I have Crusader Aura..?"
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting killed again and again by More'Ladim or Stiches in Duskwood!
    Not sure if I'm a good guy but I'm working hard on it...

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Getting my epic ground mount <3

10+ Year Old Account
    druid flying quest i did it only to get my hand on Anzu..... wich is few month later anybody could get it (non-druid)

here i made it ! 900 post !

played undead warlock the first time i made my account. before i had just been playing my friends 60 warrior.
    all i need to say is, the welcome bear.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Welcome_Bear
    for those of you who dont know.

Needed to make an Alliance toon to play Paladin and a Horde toon to play Shaman.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Deathrunning to the Dark Portal for the BC event.

As another one, the Wetlands Deathflop.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by riptal View Post
    Getting killed again and again by More'Ladim or Stiches in Duskwood!
    This sparked an old memory of the first time running down the road from Westfall to Duskwood. Something
    kinda popped up in the bottom of my screen, it was something behind me so I stopped to see what it was...
    BAD IDEA Stitches killed me good. So I rezzed and kept running. I got the the little camp halfway and the npc's
    start yelling, I turn around to see that fat bastard again. So I hid in a tent, fully convinced he won't be able
    to get me in there. Yep, dead again. LOLOL good memory

When I got to max level I went back to Duskwood to kill Stitches many, many, many times.

x-x-x-x

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    What was that "raid" people went to in Ashenvale at Astranaar? I remember doing it, but I don't remember what it was for.
    No raid out there but I do remember it being overrun by horde often. Alli had crossroads, Horde had Ashenvale.
    (blackfathom deeps is out there but it's a 5man)
    Last edited by S Blieft; 2013-01-11 at 09:18 PM.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    No, there was some raid out there. I remember joining raid groups and going out there.
    Are you talking about the Dragons of Nightmare?

Edit: I think that you're referring to the World Dragons that no longer spawn in Bough Shadow: http://www.wowwiki.com/Bough_Shadow
    Last edited by fooliuscaesar13; 2013-01-11 at 09:26 PM.

Deleted
    Shamans using Earth Shock rank 1 instead of the highest rank just for a less costing mana interrupt spell, and mages using Frostbolt rank 1 just for the slow and the low cast time.

Was funzies.

Quote Originally Posted by Klavier Gavin View Post
    Shamans using Earth Shock rank 1 instead of the highest rank just for a less costing mana interrupt spell, and mages using Frostbolt rank 1 just for the slow and the low cast time.

Was funzies.
    Don't forget lvl 1 Consecration for Paladins to break stealth

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to Westfall as level fifty-somethings and terrorizing the place, feeling pretty powerful until the 70s came along to heroically save the helpless questers who toggled PVP on.

Nowadays there would be one quester there, and no one would care to help him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Back in wrath I was in a 10man guild (very casual) and we raided with 4 paladins, we always used crusader aura! We rarely killed new bosses when we were short of a paladin so for us it was always "Why don't I have Crusader Aura..?"
    I know I shouldn't, but I feel like anything preWotlk doesn't belong in nostalgia threads...I can't help it. :P

For me it was saving up gold (copper) for the white quality armor from the Blacksmith vendor in goldshire.