Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
LastLast
  1. #121
    I am Murloc! Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    5,934
    a fully hc in 8 min? O.o
    Yup. Not a problem. You need DPS who can keep up though.

    Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Wizard- (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

  2. #122
    The Patient Tuzantar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    218
    I call bullshit. You probably overagroed, pulled or something else.
    Because the logic behind what you're stating just isn't there.
    You are definitely leaving something out.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    That you're leavin something out.
    Exactly this. Since he stated he had a queue, that basically means he was a dps. My guess he was pulling and being an idiot, or purposefully bursting the first 3 seconds to give the tank a headache.

    I tank heroic dungeon pugs constantly.. and I can tell you from experience, the biggest headaches and causes of wipes are people with great gear. Not only do they make things harder on the tank, they makes things longer.

  4. #124
    Proly a case of not watching omen and blowing up mobs off the tank who is doing heroics for gear. That's the only time I hear whining about being kicked for being "too geared", really boils down to waiting to attack mobs, not aoe, drop agro when needed, etc.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    people don't kick good players with good gear and bearable social skills. only bads and annoying people get kicked.
    That's not true, Bad's always run together and they can interpret anything as they are defensive in the first place. This has happened to me also and I didnt say a word till the end when they asked if I thought i was uber for doing so much dps in a simple heroic along with its only a heroic you dont have to try so hard, etc. I left the group as I could tell what kind of people they were by their dps and their insecurity.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    You can dps as healer. I sometimes heal in my dps gear in holy spec. I spam Smite and get almost unlimited, instant and free Flash Heals which is all I need in most cases.

    Heroics are so bad now that if the tank is well geared and you have good players who don't make terrible mistakes you basically don't have to heal at all.
    As a disc priest, I have probably healed every LFR for a month without ever targeting another player. In heroic dungeons I normally do not have to either, but because atonement is a ´smart´ heal.. it sometimes will heal a dps who stands in stupid too many times in a row and will get your tank in trouble, so you do have to target your tank.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Exactly this. Since he stated he had a queue, that basically means he was a dps. My guess he was pulling and being an idiot, or purposefully bursting the first 3 seconds to give the tank a headache.

    I tank heroic dungeon pugs constantly.. and I can tell you from experience, the biggest headaches and causes of wipes are people with great gear. Not only do they make things harder on the tank, they makes things longer.
    That is one of the major problems, mixing people who play the game totally different and play with different players. I know i am used to being able to go all out right off the bat because the tank is good and knows what he is doing but in a pug it is totally different and sometimes players forget that especially if the tank has some gear on him.

  8. #128
    I have been kicked for the same thing. The reason more or less was because I kept pulling aggro- but I'm not sure how I couldn't. A single Lightning Bolt was pulling threat. I would even wait 10-20s on boss fights and not use CDs and pull threat so their guild group kicked me.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherInternetOpinion View Post
    Looks really unintelligent.
    Ahahahaha.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizanthropic View Post
    Really? Here was me thinking the boss being dead was of some import...oh well...
    Obviously this comes from a new player. Any raider or good player knows you can cheese dps to look better than it is by ignoring mechanisms and doing things wrong. Easiest example is killing adds... Ton of fights you can boost your DPS significantly by staying on the boss while the adds chew up your raid.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 01:11 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    That is one of the major problems, mixing people who play the game totally different and play with different players. I know i am used to being able to go all out right off the bat because the tank is good and knows what he is doing but in a pug it is totally different and sometimes players forget that especially if the tank has some gear on him.
    And my guess is that as a nice player, if you pug and pull aggro on the first pack, you check out the gear of the tank and realize you need to hold off a bit. My guess is the OP was trying to make the tank ´better´ at his job by pressing aggro and pulls throughout the run rather than letting the tank relax a bit.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Yup. Not a problem. You need DPS who can keep up though.
    Don't even need good dps or healers if you have just somewhat decent gear. Most takes me 9-10 minutes with completely random people, with medicore dps. Tank-dps is skyhigh this expansion.

    Most HC-raid-geared people i've met have been nice. I've had to work some on the aggro, but it's fun in the end to have to work instead of just doing the routine.
    Only met one that went "lol i haz über gear i'm great". He did shut up after i pointed a couple of things out. That's the worst i've seen, which hardly can be said to be bad.
    In the end, there's people that just don't like things not to be like they're used to, and might kick for it
    Just to mention some of the things i've seen:
    People complaining about healers doing dps, instead of healing(while they always are at full health)
    Tanks that can't handle that they have to work for their aggro.
    DPS/Healers that can't find out to run after the tank, because thing suddenly go faster than usual.
    Class rolling on their gear in a guildgroup, and being demanded to hand it over or get kicked.
    People that can't handle you talk while going through the instance.

    Pretty rare i get kicked though, and i'm usually full aware that it might happen when it is ;P
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

  12. #132
    Brewmaster Raxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,486
    This actually happened to me a couple of weeks ago.
    Joined a random dungeon for SM, the group was all 4 guildies inspecting me. They say wait. About 2 minutes later they say 'We dont need you to help us' and vote kick.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.

  13. #133
    Scarab Lord Garnier Fructis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Location:
    Posts
    4,712
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    people don't kick good players with good gear and bearable social skills. only bads and annoying people get kicked.
    One time I was kicked out of a heroic 10 seconds after my loading screen finished, and while I was in the middle of typing "Hey guys what's up" in chat.

    Guess I'm bad or annoying, according to you.
    Wir müssen wissen. Wir werden wissen.
    Quote Originally Posted by auBerg View Post
    You are a certified crackpot that is subservient to the manipulators of science who are dreaming to control knowledge.

  14. #134
    I've never been kicked for it, but I have found that usually I out gear the average dungeon group a lot, and the tank has issues keeping threat. I try to not go too apeshit, but if it's bad enough where one aoe will pull everything I just pop defensive cd's and tank.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arkan/advanced Death Knight (Main)

    Giving out as many SoR as possible. If interested, send me a PM, I'm on Kirin Tor US

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherInternetOpinion View Post
    I love all the ASS​umption in this thread....smh
    Assumptions make an ass out of you and me

  16. #136
    back in the days of VOA some bright raid leaders decided to turn me down for having best in slot gear while all i wanted was some honor.

  17. #137
    ilvl 503 i often pull before the tank, i still dont get kicked mostly cause i'll use a few cds and fucking near solo the boss if they dont wanna fight and sit back with their shit 20k dps anyone could do 2 x-pacs ago.

  18. #138
    Pit Lord Bryntrollian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Outside Black Gate of Mordor...
    Posts
    2,459
    Sometimes people get mad when you pull shit even though you kill it before they have a chance to pick up aggro and they are still mad about it.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 10:58 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    Doesn't take long to blow up.

    Nobody said anything all run. Got to last boss, healer left after getting some ring from 2nd last boss. Rogue killed himself off the jump somehow, DK tank said "you have lots of gear. Then "you have been removed from the group".


    That's one reason why I don't like heroics.. its run by the stupid. Random vote kicks to fuck people out of their valor?
    Last time I did a hero, over 2 months ago and same deal.. half way in the run and next thing you know back in org.
    Yeah dude that shit happens a lot when you don't need the gear from 5 mans, and the worst part is that they don't give you a reason for the kick so you can't actually try to change anything in your play.
    Synek - best rogue in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I don't think I know what the acronym "tsg" is. It's not RBG's or Arena, random battlegrounds, or any form of dungeon or raid that I can think of. What does it mean?

  19. #139
    I am Murloc! The Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Litwak's Arcade Sunny Scotland!
    Posts
    5,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Well back then you could always shadowmeld for threat drop, tanks didn't do any damage, and enrage timers were few and far between. The philosophy has changed a bit, hybrids are no longer support, tanks can do massive damage, and enrage timers need to be met
    Um no, shadowmeld never dumped your threat, if you got hit with aoe and it broke hello aggro, it was never a realiable *threat dump* you had to watch your threat full stop. Not everyone had shadowmeld either.

    My point was, that people worked as a team, instead of trying to be uber leet bragging about their amazing dps and not caring about the rest of the group. So long as bosses die and the dungeon is completed, then it doesn't matter what percentage each member has done. (of course if you have one person afk not doing anything at all thats a diff story)

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    Pretty much this. Nothing worse than an overgeared person saying:
    "HAHAHAH 40k DPS NOOB I PULLED 45K DPS IN THAT GEAR L2P"
    Oh there's plenty worse than that.

    Like the heroic I tanked the other day on my brewmaster, did 60k overall dps and had a lock at 30k, dk and rogue both at 15k each.

    That was painful.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •