Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    While there is likely more to the story it could also just be that people in LFD are dicks. Case in point, I have a druid, I'm in 390 (healing) gear but decided to run dungeons for valor instead of LFR so I could gear up my feral set. Agi trinket drops and I roll need (there are no other leather wearers in the group) and a ret pally with two 390 trinkets rolls need as well and wins. Love those pallys that use agi gear right? Anyway, being the healer I let him die but the point is that people in LFD/LFR are usually just stupid and jerks and that is why you got kicked.

Deleted
    Must be a horrible region you're playing in, queues are 10-15 mins max here. Even late in the week they're not higher than 30.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Minxyqt View Post
    Odd, when I queue in 490~ish DPS gear, pull the dungeon in 3-5 packs, top damage on single and multi target DPS and never die, 3/4ths of what I usually recieve is complaints about going too fast or making the healer actually have to do something then AFK and use HoTs.
    I noticed this, too ... ist especially common if there are several people from the same RP-realm. I guess they want to have their pace, which would be ok if stated at the beginning of the run. I just don't understand why the use of lfd is ok for them (instead of organizing a full group on their realm and actually physically transporting their toons to the dungeon, which would be a consequent way of enforcing your own chosen rules)

10+ Year Old Account
    I Was kicked for ninja ing soul shards.

I've never seen that happen in anything I've ran, but more often than not theres no kicks in my groups unless the person DC's or just rolls need because they can, it seems like there might be more to the story than we know but won't ever know without the two sides of the story.. what made you believe it was because you were "too geared"? I personally enjoy when we have some geared dps or even better a tank to rush through the whole thing faster.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Deleted
    I'm going to guess that you were pulling before the tank, I've seen it so many times. "M8 I AM GUD ILVL N PLAYA I GO TANK MOB". And then acted like a dick when they told you that you aren't Mr Super Duper Godmode.

Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    It's the mentality of overgeared and egotistic children.
    I post my meter and ask for my 10k tip.

10+ Year Old Account
    They did not want your leet dps along with your gear making their epeen feel smaller...

Deleted
    Probs started going elitest on them and they was like fuck this douche xD

As someone who got kicked for fucking sitting on his mount in Scarlet Monastery waiting for the tank to pull (and no, I didn't fucking say anything incindiary, though I damned well could have, the tank was an idiot), I do not find the OP's story that Farfetch'd.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    people don't kick good players with good gear and bearable social skills. only bads and annoying people get kicked.
    Pretty much this, or it was an almost full guild group just messing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaElement View Post
    Bullshit. People kick anyone and everyone for any fucking reason they want. The majority of party members are too brain-dead to differentiate a kick pop up from a readycheck, and the rest are mindlessly complicit sheep, or vindictive douche-monkeys who jump on any and all chance to show their true nature.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I was never kicked out of a heroic, I have been discriminated against for my gear. In a HoT heroic, there were 3 people from the same guild. The tank started doing weird stuff like bubbling and HoPing himself. I died the first time because I was watching TV. After a few more attempts of the tank failing to kill me like this, the healer from their guild said that the tank was mad because his main was a mage and was jealous of my BiS gear. The healer healed me when I did take damage, the other DPS kept dps'ing, and the tank tanked normally between bubbles. I didn't mind it at all, I just payed attention and kited/popped cd's. It was more fun than the typical run.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaElement View Post
    Guilds that do such things should be forcefully disbanded after getting reported and found guilty, or at least reduce their guild lvl by 5 as penalty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    Bullshit. People kick anyone and everyone for any fucking reason they want. The majority of party members are too brain-dead to differentiate a kick pop up from a readycheck, and the rest are mindlessly complicit sheep, or vindictive douche-monkeys who jump on any and all chance to show their true nature.
    I laughed too much at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    I laughed too much at this.
    It's only funny because it's true.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is true. In Cata, I was doing a heroic DM run and we had a healer who had a situation and needed a quick afk. One guy was impatient and kept trying to vote kick him. He was a bad dps and just not a fun player to be around. So since they were both priests I clicked to kick the dps priest who was being a douche and put "Bad healer" as the reason and people voted for it and then wondered why the wrong guy got kicked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account

This has happened to me.

Leveling my Shadow priest (level 70 full BOA and level 70 PVP gear in all my other slots), top damage in UK (first WOTLK 5 man you can access), an ass lick away from top heals too, I got kicked AFTER killing the last boss as i was going to turn in the quests.

Some people will be people, some will be asshats.

ALSO

Kicked after killing DW in a LFR. 2 asshats was "looting the chest" but holding on to the gold until everyone left so they could ninja all 400g. I just happened to stick around until it was just the 3 of us and BAM vote kick.
    Last edited by the0o; 2013-01-11 at 04:07 PM.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Not that this is the same as being too geared, but back a couple expansions ago, I wasn't invited to a Pug (new) Onyxia run with my Warlock because he was slightly undergeared and the raid leader didn't want people crying and complaining. It was great to get whispers from friends in the raid complaining that they were wiping needlessly for hours.

A sweet, sweet justice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    This has happened to me.

Leveling my Shadow priest (level 70 full BOA and level 70 PVP gear in all my other slots), top damage in UK (first WOTLK 5 man you can access), an ass lick away from top heals too, I got kicked AFTER killing the last boss as i was going to turn in the quests.

Some people will be people, some will be asshats.
    Haha. I did this as Disc Priest, top healer and top dps, one tank got upset and got a "F you" from me, and a rogue got cussed down into the ground before they decided to kick.