Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    Thats why we used to have threat meter addons, so you watched your threat and those of us (I'm a moonkin) that disn't have threat dumps, had to stop attacking before getting aggro to stay within threat, this is what we used to do at least, now everyone just seems to push as fast as they can to top damage meters and not care whether they are gaining aggro
    Well back then you could always shadowmeld for threat drop, tanks didn't do any damage, and enrage timers were few and far between. The philosophy has changed a bit, hybrids are no longer support, tanks can do massive damage, and enrage timers need to be met

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherInternetOpinion View Post
    Why do people write "this"? Looks really unintelligent. Work on that.
    On topic, bad tank cant hold agro? Friends in group, they kick.
    Think harder. Dont just write "this". GL.
    Intelligent people also use grammar and spelling correctly. Your sentences (or attempts) are missing simple coherence in your "arguments" and your simplistic attempt to even include punctuation is futile when you do not even apostrophise "dont" and "cant".

"Agro" is a horse*, and it is not an abbreviation of "aggravation"; well, neither is "aggro", but this is closer than what you're typing.

Your sentence should read:

" On topic, a bad tank that can't hold aggro? If friends are in the group; they will kick.
    Think harder, don't just write, "this". Good luck. "

Further on point, this guy is a mage; he isn't tanking. What are you on about?

Good luck.

* Agro is a horse. He is the faithful steed of Wander, hero of the popular PlayStation 2 game Shadow of the Colossus. Agro fulfills two vital functions in the game: he conveys Wander across the lonely miles of the game world, and he provides companionship for Wander on his quest to find and fell the Colossi that inhabit it. Agro is widely regarded as one of the most famous horses in gaming, on a par with Link's trusty mount Epona. Source: (http://www.giantbomb.com/agro/94-1126/)
    Last edited by mmoc35f4878b7b; 2013-01-11 at 08:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    I thought you couldn't do that anymore? I tried to fill a group with a friend when I had a tank leave mid run once, and I wasn't able to get my friend into the instance, had to queue in another random.
    You can't anymore, but you could for several years.

I was just giving examples of times people had been unfairly kicked in my LFD runs. I wasn't trying to imply it was possible to still do all those things.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

The Mage in normal gear is too geared? Yeah, you pissed someone off and convinced yourself they only kicked you because of your gear.

15+ Year Old Account
    I cant tell if hes BSin or trolling

I doubt you got vote kicked for that, tell the whole story, not just "Vote kicked out of a H. Gate of the Setting sun because I'm "too geared"

Deleted
    Never happened.

I once joined DS LFR p2 after a few months into patch 4.3 to help a friend's alt. Got kicked halfway through clearing Ultraxion's boring trash after having said nothing, dpsing and "taunting" down the drakes. Never queued for a random LFR before or after that, in cataclysm - I still wouldn't, if I had no need for the gear/sigils/valors there.

Point being, it happens sometimes. You can avoid it by not queueing with randoms. Or you can just get over it and requeue, hope for a better group and get your valors that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    As DPS we are lucky we even have any way to measure of quality besides the simple we beat the encounter.
    I disagree. It encourages meterwhoring, which is bad. I don't even want to know how freaking many unnecessary wipes I've had during progress (and especially after progress is over) due to over-eager DPSers trying to boost their ranks on WoL by a few places, by ignoring everything they're supposed to do.
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno. The only time in history I've ever been vote kicked was during a 4/5 guild troll run. Apparently they thought it funny to boot the odd man out right before the last boss.

100% of the time, I'm completely quiet, do my job well and just go through the motions. Why would anyone kick anyone for that?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Rarely have I seen people get bitched out for being too geared in a 5-man dungeon; usually its morons wanting to kick people because they aren't already decked out in heroic blues or epics.

Typically people get kicked (from my own experience) for:

-afk-ing alot and not telling the group

-standing in fire/not knowing WTF they are doing and dying

-being a prick

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Look at your statement. "I would make the other dps feel bad".

Was this because you came to them and would not help to bring them up to your level of play or was this because you TOLD them they were not at your level of play?
    The GM told me she didn't want her dps to feel bad about doing low dps by having me in the raid doing more dps than any 2 people combined. Which I didn't care, I wanted a nice laid back guild with no pressure but I guess they thought I might be an elitist or something since I was full heroic BiS. I mean why would I app to a casual guild and then tell them they're not up to my standards, after having been in a fairly hardcore raiding guild for years and was tired of that raiding environment?

Edit: Perhaps I should have made it clear that I was told this by the GM in my post you quoted.

Edit 2:This SS was taken after I realized how silly i thought it was I was being denied for too high dps. I prodded and assured her (the gm) i just wanted a nice laid back guild but this was how she felt.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...609_003910.jpg
    Last edited by Harry Botter; 2013-01-11 at 08:31 PM.

One time back in a DS LFR group, I won the int trinket off of spine, and a bunch of people got uppity and wanted to kick me from the raid because I had better gear.

It's as rare as it is stupid. I'd imagine anyone with a substantial amount of time on the internet would realize the depth of idiocy has no known bottom.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think reason OP got kicked is that he prolly was in group with 2 or 3 ppl from same guild, 1 of em tank, and the tank was either low geared, bad skills or both and maybe the OP was bit to trigger happy and not using enuff Mirror Image and that resulted in a kick.

Happend to me some times ^^
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

I doubt he was kicked only because of the good gear.

Why do people write "this"? Looks really unintelligent. Work on that.
    On topic, bad tank cant hold agro? Friends in group, they kick.
    Think harder. Dont just write "this". GL.
    Why do people criticize people over little things? Makes them extremely immature!
    You should start adding apostrophes to your words. They make you look more intelligent. Work on that.

On topic,

You are hiding a good part of the story and just looking for attention.

I love all the ASS​umption in this thread....smh
    Why do people write "smh"? Looks really unintelligent. Work on that.

On topic: You were either trolled and it was a premade that wanted one of their friends to join or there's a part of the story you aren't telling us...

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Well back then you could always shadowmeld for threat drop, tanks didn't do any damage, and enrage timers were few and far between. The philosophy has changed a bit, hybrids are no longer support, tanks can do massive damage, and enrage timers need to be met
    Shadowmeld doesn't change your threat, once it is cancelled it restores the threat amount you had with NPCs still in combat. (Or it is supposed to)

To be honest if most people find mashing buttons with little to no care about anything else, aside from standing/not standing in crap "Fun", then so be it. I personally think that kind of play style belongs in hack and slash games.

The threat boosts (Which are absurd) cause for lazy tanks these days. Back in BC/Early Wrath if your tank wasn't "on the ball" with his aggro, things usually went sour pretty quickly. These days it doesn't seem to matter much.

However, getting a bit off-topic here I suppose.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    Usually when I que in with my ilvl 500 tank All I get is a thank god at the start. and a Thank you after I chain pull the heroic in 8 minutes.
    a fully hc in 8 min? O.o

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    Maybe he just wants us to click his toons link to show off his gear...Not impressed, sir.
    His gear is crap to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    a fully hc in 8 min? O.o
    Yup. Not a problem. You need DPS who can keep up though.

Deleted
    I call bullshit. You probably overagroed, pulled or something else.
    Because the logic behind what you're stating just isn't there.
    You are definitely leaving something out.