Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I got kicked from a heroic gate of the setting sun once because i soloed the first boss while everyone was afk

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    I got kicked from a heroic gate of the setting sun once because i soloed the first boss while everyone was afk
    That I can agree with because you soloing said boss made them lose out on loot "if loot time passed while they where afk" if they needed to go afk then that is fine you could have waited or got a new group.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

next time if u want to avoid kicks just dont roll on items off the bosses. if u truely were too gear'd u could easily have killed every boss in between the 5 min item timers. although ive never seen anyone kicked for being too gear'd except when they are egotistical about it.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    people don't kick good players with good gear and bearable social skills. only bads and annoying people get kicked.
    I really doubt someone who uses the terminology "bads" is the moral authority on the WoW playerbase's ability to kick or not kick people for no apparent reason.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    people don't kick good players with good gear and bearable social skills. only bads and annoying people get kicked.
    Unless they are assholes themself, or you got lag, or pretty much anything in between that might give even the slightest reason for a kick.

But as others have said this "topic" is missing so much information its amazing.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too geared people are awesome. They do all the work and don't take the gears!
    Originally Posted by Rukah

It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayin'

although ive never seen anyone kicked for being too gear'd except when they are egotistical about it.
    Basically, this is it.

Too geared? Hell when I join a 5 man and the tank inspects me I figure a fire is lit in his pants because he goes Challenge mode style on the instance and pulls at hyper speed. Mobs, rats, bosses...lol. I'm not even 'that' geared, so.

I have no complaints unless the tank has shit gear.

probably it's because I'm a healer.
    Last edited by Theholypally; 2013-01-12 at 08:03 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

If you just zoned in and were vote kicked, i'd say they were just a group of friends trolling DPSers at a quiet time.

If YOU made an issue of your gear/progression versus theirs, then you probably deserved the kick.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

10+ Year Old Account
    I must be the only person alive that hasn't ever seen or experienced behavior like this in a dungeon, sure I've witnessed my fair share of lippy children and drugged up fiends, but people don't kick because you're to well geared, that's utter bullshit - but I will congratulate you on creating a thread with the sole purpose of getting people to argue.

lol sociopaths.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Deleted
    Cool story bro

well from the way you made the topic title i have a feeling you deserved the kick. some people need to spend more time on there topic title. the haha make you feel like a elite jerk who is the best in WoW and was probebly pulling or not watching your aggro because its just a random heroic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, regardless of the OP's 'full' story, I too have been in that situation, and in different situations leading to that.

In cata, I was LFR-geared because I had some friends in a guild who didn't mind my tagging along, but ultimately I love running 5-mans. They geared two of my tanks and three healer/DPS characters in LFR gear. I eventually went back to doing 5-mans once their guild stopped running. In several cases, I was booted from the groups because I was too geared...I guess the tank and/or healer was afraid I was going to pull agro? Who knows. They complained that my gear was too high, and then suddenly i see a loading screen. I figured people would be HAPPY about that - faster runs, and I wouldn't be rolling on any gear.

Most recent instance, I have several level 80-84 twinks (MoP gear RULES). I have never really had an issue; people love it when I wreck the instance. But on occasion I've gone in on a DPS char, started obliterating the place (my level 80 rogue twink can solo Throne and BRC for instance) and people get uptight about it. I have a macro that, as soon as I get into the instance in a random, I post into chat saying that there's no need for the tank and they can switch to DPS, things like that. Most of the time people are happy for quick runs. But I have been booted because of being in MoP gear and out-gearing the place. Though I suspect that also has a lot to do with the hostility toward twinks in general lol.

I'm not a dick about it. I don't try to rub it in people's faces that I outgear them, I don't make fun of people for the gear they're in, and I don't mind people taking advantage of the situation. One time, I had the whole party put me on follow as I killed everything solo lol. I'm happy to blitz through an instance with people, and people usually have a grand time with it too. There's just always those few bad apples in randoms though, that get butt-hurt when they aren't top dog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I have a macro that, as soon as I get into the instance in a random, I post into chat saying that there's no need for the tank and they can switch to DPS, things like that. Most of the time people are happy for quick runs.

There's just always those few bad apples in randoms though, that get butt-hurt when they aren't top dog.
    Actually you sound like an egotistical prick doing that no matter how innocently your macro is worded. Imagine this: Tank zones in, learning his role, bit nervous about messing up and he gets someone posting a macro yelling "GO AFK SCRUBS YOUR PVE GOD IS HERE"

Can't imagine why you get kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    Bullshit. People kick anyone and everyone for any fucking reason they want. The majority of party members are too brain-dead to differentiate a kick pop up from a readycheck, and the rest are mindlessly complicit sheep, or vindictive douche-monkeys who jump on any and all chance to show their true nature.
    Yes I agree with this. I was running on my spriest and rolled need on an intellect/haste item that was an upgrade. I won against the shaman healer and then a minute afterwards got kicked. I was very confused - thought maybe something had happened with the game. Then went back and saw I had been removed from the group. I was so flabbergasted - the shaman wasn't guildies with anyone else in the group and other than saying friendly hellos at the beginning, nothing was said the entire run. I had done 2nd dps and the fight we had just completed was pretty much flawless - never took aggro and I'm pretty good at never needing heals on that fight.

Some people are just pricks for the sake of it - a lot of them play this game unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Actually you sound like an egotistical prick doing that no matter how innocently your macro is worded. Imagine this: Tank zones in, learning his role, bit nervous about messing up and he gets someone posting a macro yelling "GO AFK SCRUBS YOUR PVE GOD IS HERE"

Can't imagine why you get kicked.
    While not thinking nearly as abrasively as you, I agree with what you just said. No one who signs up for a role, well, not usually anyways, wants to be told "Hey, you're not important and what you decided you want to do is useless! Sit back and watch me do magic!". Maybe some few who want to just get things over with and don't care, but, really, if someone signs up to be a tank, they probably did it because they wanted to tank an instance. Healers wanting to heal. DPS's wantin' to DPS, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    Doesn't take long to blow up.

Nobody said anything all run. Got to last boss, healer left after getting some ring from 2nd last boss. Rogue killed himself off the jump somehow, DK tank said "you have lots of gear. Then "you have been removed from the group".

That's one reason why I don't like heroics.. its run by the stupid. Random vote kicks to fuck people out of their valor?
    Last time I did a hero, over 2 months ago and same deal.. half way in the run and next thing you know back in org.
    I've been kicked a couple of times and every single one of those times it was very obvious why. I've been doing hundreds of heroics in MoP alone and never ever have I seen someone get kicked without reason. That is, too low DPS, being a giant dick, too slow tank, retarded gemming/enchanting leading to too low DPS or survival, etc. People who are quiet and perform are never kicked.

IDD...as a healer it's frustrating to heal people that are still building up their gears in HC, and after all that hard work you don't even get loots, it's like boosting people for free :P ( well for mere 80 valour points )

I never vote kick good players with good gears, even if they make it hard for the tank to keep aggro. I don't care how we get through the instance, as longer as its fast and good geared people bring good dps. ( most of the time )

On the off note, the last time I was kicked was in cata while healing ZG. Got kicked after the 6th wipe...only just started learning how to heal as a Druid and that was one mucked up dungeon, and Druid healers were in a bad position in cata too...to this day I still haven't completed it :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantabi View Post
    IDD...as a healer it's frustrating to heal people that are still building up their gears in HC, and after all that hard work you don't even get loots, it's like boosting people for free :P ( well for mere 80 valour points )

I never vote kick good players with good gears, even if they make it hard for the tank to keep aggro. I don't care how we get through the instance, as longer as its fast and good geared people bring good dps. ( most of the time )

On the off note, the last time I was kicked was in cata while healing ZG. Got kicked after the 6th wipe...only just started learning how to heal as a Druid and that was one mucked up dungeon, and Druid healers were in a bad position in cata too...to this day I still haven't completed it :P
    I actually managed better on my Druid than my other healers in ZG. First time there was on my Druid and I had a pretty average/decent group and never really went low on mana. Maybe you were really at fault.

I'm guessing he got kicked because he rolled Need on something he no longer had any need for.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"