Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Angry Why didn't Katrina get a pet from blizzard?

I find it really funny blizzard didn't make a pet for the Katrina storm. But yet they made one for that earthquake in Asia.

made =/= developed at convenient time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dydric View Post
    I find it really funny blizzard didn't make a pet for the Katrina storm. But yet they made one for that earthquake in Asia.
    Can we also have one for the floods in Devon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Bit late to debate that now, isn't it? Wasn't Katrina 2005?

Was the pet store up when Katrina happened?

Deleted
    Wasn't WoW still in Vanilla at the time of Katrina? Long before the first Blizzard Store pet was introduced?

Greg Street doesn't care about black people.

OT: It's different now. They really didn't sell much of anything on the store back then as far as in-game items went.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't wow just being "born" during that time? :S

In fact a google search says it was between 23-30th of august 2005

(just happens to be the exact time i started playing wow- 27th august 2005 :P )
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2013-01-11 at 02:57 PM.

Deleted
    Moved to GD.

Why isn't there a sandy one? I mean sandy was one hell of a storm and is the second most costly hurricane.

10+ Year Old Account
    did they even have those toys back that far?

10+ Year Old Account
    The Blizz store didn't exist then. I'm not even sure WoW was a year old when katrina happened. So what's your point OP? Trying to stir up trouble for nothing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Why isn't there a sandy one? I mean sandy was one hell of a storm and is the second most costly hurricane.
    There was, the Cinder Kitten. The promotion's over now, though.

I find it really funny
    You find if funny? Really? Why is that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this a silly attempt to say blizzard care more about none American customers than American customers? When in fact it's more likely to be the reverse of that? :S

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft Launch: November 23, 2004
    Hurricane Katrina Formed: August 23, 2005

Notice how, Blizzard, while still a successful company at the time, were nowhere near where they are today. Also notice that the Pet store or anything like it (Money for in-game items) was nowhere near "out" at the time of the Hurricane.

More importantly, note that Blizzard is a company, not a charity, and while it is very generous of them to do things like this, it is in no way their obligation.
    Last edited by Wildberry; 2013-01-11 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beyazkeyat View Post
    There was, the Cinder Kitten. The promotion's over now, though.
    Which was only because they had just made the kitten anyway, so they decided to make a charity drive out of it.

I really want to do a Kayne West joke here, but I fear it wouldn't be viewed as light hearted humor\sarcasm and I don't want to get banned for it.

But just google Kayne and George Bush and replace Bush with Blizzard in his rant.

Im still outraged that they didn't make one for the victims of the Union Carbide Bhopal disaster.

Deleted
    The answer is quite obvious, Blizzard are american hating commies, I mean thats the only explanation, right OP?

Infact, Blizzard as a company is simply a front for anti-American pro-Commie activities, their whole scheme is to get your money to fund the Chinese war machine through what they claim is for relief efforts.