Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Siegmeyer View Post
    but what about the mcs? not a good idea to spread diseases to them, scourgestrike will hit for almost nothing with no disease up and likely only enough rp for 1 dc if that
    you know exactly when MCs go out using DBM or whatnot, so as its countdown ticks down, pool your runic power and right before laydown DnD whoever gets MC'd blast with a few DCs should do it. if unholy isnt getting the job done in transition id go frost, me and my partner a warlock destoyed our packs of adds, couldnt do that as unholy not in a 10man, 25man this fight is so much easier and less demanding of unholy burst as an example go burst a dummy for 15sec as unholy then as frost, i do 3x as much damage as frost in those 15sec, just single target, now if i go to the 3 dummys not even a joke how much more frost bursts those add packs

Quote Originally Posted by damescool View Post
    you know exactly when MCs go out using DBM or whatnot, so as its countdown ticks down, pool your runic power and right before laydown DnD whoever gets MC'd blast with a few DCs should do it. if unholy isnt getting the job done in transition id go frost, me and my partner a warlock destoyed our packs of adds, couldnt do that as unholy not in a 10man, 25man this fight is so much easier and less demanding of unholy burst as an example go burst a dummy for 15sec as unholy then as frost, i do 3x as much damage as frost in those 15sec, just single target, now if i go to the 3 dummys not even a joke how much more frost bursts those add packs
    Your burst on the adds as Unholy will highly depend on how you approach it and the rotation you employ specifically for those adds. I go in in such a way that I end up being one of the highest damagers of the adds in there, though I did this after tons and tons of attempts where we were working out other thing. As we worked out other kinks I worked out my damage as well to make it so that my interupt add was dead before I even needed to interupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Helwinter View Post
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lwinter/simple
    Spec: 2h Frost
    World of Logs: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...pe=damage-done

My dps feels incredibly variable, and I'm struggling to identify what I am not doing / am doing in order to get a more consistent damage output. Any help much appreciated!
    And latest logs, here http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Yc82rH7kqywt4GNZ if there's anything I could be doing better, always open to hear especially as I start to work through my gear to stack on those extra ilevels

Deleted
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ntenora/simple
    Spec: Unholy
    World of Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/0wkr61keufn1701j/

I feel like my DPS could be better for my item level but I can't seem to work out where I can improve.
    I would appreciate some tips whether it's about my playstyle or down to changing things like reforging, gems, talents etc.

My burst on 25H Dark Shamans was almost 1million last night but I feel my consistent dps could be a bit better.
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2014-05-27 at 12:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post

I feel like my DPS could be better for my item level but I can't seem to work out where I can improve.
    I would appreciate some tips whether it's about my playstyle or down to changing things like reforging, gems, talents etc.

My burst on 25H Dark Shamans was almost 1million last night but I feel my consistent dps could be a bit better.
    Are you applying diseases during both trinket procs? their ticks seem low on iron jug + only 85 % uptime, are you using a running away start? you used some bloodboils on single target, total waste

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post

On all the kills you seemed to sit on 5 stacks of shadowy infusion for a long time?

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ttlos/advanced
    2H Frost
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...mmary&source=2
    I'm not sure if I could do anything for my gear that could increase my damage. Few things I noticed: I died from the Mark, we were close to wiping so I think the healers gave up, but I popped AMS and everything. Also there was a Frost Strike and Obliterate that were blocked, and that was from when I was freed from an Imprison and didn't notice I was in front of the boss T_T. This is my first log so I'm not sure what else I should be looking for, but thing I did notice is that Frost Strike is really not that far behind in damage compared to Obliterate. I might sim DW and see what happens.

Deleted
    Armory: http ://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/shadowsong/Raizz/advanced
    Specc: D/W Frost
    WoL : http ://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/gaoqm3d2026r7ss0/

I genuinely feel like i'm doing something wrong , but i honestly don't know how make sense of logs, to know what.

For the funky Upgrading, I got my Thok trinket, Hc 1h's, HCWF Ring and Tier Head last reset.

The things i mainly know i'm failing at are my AMS soaking and movement on fights.

All help will be greatly appreciated. And my apologies for the space in links

@Azrogol:
    For starters your trinkets are pretty low ilvl and the pvp trinket is really shit for pve replacing both of them with any SoO trinket will give you a pretty big dps boost on its own, same with the weapon, weapon damage helps a fair bit. (keep in mind the pvp power on your trinket does absolutely nothing in pve and the SoO trinkets are really OP). Secondly at your ilvl you should probably be going Crit > haste > mastery. When you start getting into full SoO gear go Crit > Mastery > Haste. Haste isn't as strong as it used to be back in the first 2 tiers of the expansion and isn't worth gemming for except maybe at low ilvls. You can always Sim your own character to check what stats are best.

From your logs it looks like you're casting howling blast too much for 2h rotation. Also you only used Pillar of Frost 3 times in a 5 and a half minute fight, since Pillar has a 1 minute cooldown you should be using it pretty much on cooldown. I'm not sure why your Frost Strike damage is higher than your Obliterate, probably due to runes being spent on howling blast that could otherwise be used on obliterate. Have a look at Icy-Veins' guide on 2h Frost DK Rotation.

You're missing a 2nd profession which is another small dps boost, engineering is the best profession atm, macro Synapse Springs and Pillar of Frost together.

Obviously working towards your legendary cloak/meta should be a high priority, they do a tonne of passive damage.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@arzee:
    Looking at your armory, do you have synapse springs tinkered on your gloves? (it may just be that I can't see it on armory). Otherwise your gems/enchants/reforges look good.

I hate World of Logs so I can't really help too much there, warcraftlogs is a lot more user friendly though and is worth trying. As for AMS soaking with HM WF 4/4 Evil Eye, AMS is on a 29 second CD, with the Glyph of Regenerative Magic the CD is even shorter if you don't fully soak it. Look for magic damage in each encounter, you'll eventually learn when to pop AMS etc. For example on Malkorok you can AMS soak every second puddle explosion which will give you a full runic power bar. Also on fights like Immerseus or Sha when there are periods of aoe make sure to save Blood Tap charges and Plague Leech for these situations so that you can get as much aoe as possible while they're up. As for movement I assume your guild uses the same/a similar strat each week so just learn where the boss/mobs usually get tanked and maximise your uptime on the boss. Also use howling blast as a gap closer obviously and save Death's Advance or Rocket Boots for movement. You can also Plague Leech for more Howling Blasts while moving.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, never been good with WoL.

Deleted
    http ://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1a7JGvp83tZhm4qA/#boss=-2

Spoke to my officer and it turns out he also logs on Warcraft Logs

So I compared a couple of the fights in your logs for this week compared to mine. I noticed a few things:

1. As mentioned previously AMS soaking is one thing that you can work on. There are multiple fights where your RP gain from AMS is a couple hundred lower than mine even though my kill times are often 1+ minutes shorter than yours (meaning more opportunities to use AMS). A good example is Thok where you gained 80RP from AMS soaking in an 8.5min fight compared to 732RP in a 5.5min fight in my log for this week. While Thok is predominantly a physical damage fight, he has an ability called Shock Blast which hits random targets with nature damage. Although it's pretty much impossible to predict when/whether this will target you, you can pop AMS on CD and hope to absorb some damage. You can also AMS soak the damage from Corrosive Blood if you get the debuff. Small things like this will give you a lot more RP = more FS = more BT charges = more HB = more dps.

2. It also looks like a lot of the time when you do use AMS to RP soak a fair amount of it is wasted. An example of this is on Kor'kron Dark Shamans where you gained 1661RP over the fight but 1273 of it was wasted. Obviously you can't avoid wasted RP if you absorb more than ~100k damage but it's something to keep in mind while working on AMS soaking more effectively. If you can predict incoming damage that you plan to soak with AMS then dump RP before hand.
    Have a look at this link it shows you your overall gained RP from AMS as well as how much was wasted (RP gained while at 100RP) and how much you actually benefited from. (just click the boss name in the top left corner to change fights).

3. Getting more HBs and FSs off in general. Malkorok for example your kill only took 12 seconds longer than mine however I got 16more HBs off and 24 more FSs. I'm sure this will improve with more efficient AMS soaking.

4. Efficient AoE'ing. Not sure what the real cause of this is but on Spoils our kill times were fairly similar (7mins vs 7.5mins), you cast 142 HBs compared to my 145 (pretty close) however my HBs did 72.84m damage and hit 427 targets with those 145 casts compared to your 43.22m damage and your 142 casts only hit 277 targets. So this could either be a problem with your strat or not making the most of the AoE situations that are available. If your tank is opening boxes one at a time then obviously there aren't as many targets to cleave or if he isn't tanking the massive's on top of sparks/statues etc. However it could be that you're off attacking an urn in the corner while there are massive packs of adds all stacked up in the middle. Not promoting AoE'ing to pad meters of course but if possible make the most of the situations available to you. You'll have to decide the cause of this one.

5. Obviously strats can affect your dps if you have to move a lot or have down time where there's nothing to DPS. Also kill times will lower your average dps.

If this sounded at all arrogant or elitist or whatever I apologise, just trying to compare our logs to put numbers into perspective, by no means am I perfect and I'm sure I have a lot of room for improvement myself.

Hope this helped, if you have anymore questions feel free to PM me or post below

-Axphyxiate
    Last edited by Axphyxiate; 2014-06-06 at 12:17 PM.

Tell stuff to drop from Siege please T_T one big thing though, I simmed for my character and it tould me to pretty much gem all strength? I wasn't sure if that was correct or if I was simming wrong. I checked all our appropriate secondaries + weapon damage. But I'll give the crit > mastery priority a try and post a log. Should I just rely on ams soaking to combat the resource starvation I feel sometimes? And do you think it would be beneficial to go Unholy at this point, or is my gear still too low?

This could very well be the case, if you're confident that your sims are correct then by all means follow that and see how you go, I haven't played 2H in a few months and it's hard to say what stat priority is best for people at lower ilvls. However keep in mind that while strength may have a higher stat weight than crit, you get double the amount of crit on gems than strength. So the stat weights I have for 2H frost from icy-veins/askmrrobot are:

Expertise (7.5%) - 6.9
    Hit (7.5%) - 6.9
    Strength - 5.15
    Crit - 2.8
    Mastery - 2.5
    Haste - 1.8

So lets say you're trying to figure out what gem to use in a red socket, you could either go pure strength or go str/crit so 160 Str x 5.15 = 824 compared to (80 Str x 5.15)+(160 Crit x 2.8) = 860 so according to the stat weights I have, the str/crit gem would be better than pure strength. You need to factor in Gem sockets but that was just an example.

In SoO there's plenty of magic damage to take advantage of for AMS soaking and I see you're using Plague Leech as well which should help as well if you PL -> Outbreak for 2 free runes. But you'll feel less and less starved with more gear, so run LFR/Flex/Normal as much as possible.

I can't really talk for Unholy, I haven't played it much this expansion but it could be worth trying if you're not having any luck with 2h Frost. But going Dual Wield would probably be preferable.

Also check out askmrrobot and click the Optimized button, it's pretty reliable in terms of best gemming/reforging/enchanting set up.
    Last edited by Axphyxiate; 2014-06-06 at 03:35 PM.

Deleted
    Hey thanks Axphyxiate, can't express how much I appreciate the info

And I don't think the starts are that different, It's a problem I have when AoE'ing. Perhaps it may just be me getting overwhelmed with everything going on, but defo something i'll look into.

And it didn't even occur to me I was wasting RP, so thanks a bunch again man. Greatly Appreciate you going out of your time to help

No worries Arzee, good luck!

You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times.
    Sorry about that my armory would be /wow/en/character/sargeras/Knitefall/advanced adding battle,net to that
    And world of logs is /reports/xcyuutthn7dsq2i3/ and adding that to worldoflogs,com Sorry for the inconvenience

Armory : /wow/en/character/sargeras/Knitefall/advanced
    Spec : Frost DW
    World of Logs : /reports/xcyuutthn7dsq2i3/
    Question : Hey so i've done a lot of reading/research on Dw Dk i believe i'm doing everything right but my dps is very low, There's a few things i know i don't do enough is spread dots and soul reaper But i don't know how important that is for overall dps. If there is anything you guys could help me with that would be amazing. Sorry for not being very specific but i don't really know why my dps is so low.

Hi all, so I've just start raiding again, my last kills on my DK were around janurary in siege. I feel like I did ok for my first night, but I'd like it if anyone could dissect my logs and tell me if there is anywhere I fucked up on

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...s1re/rankinfo/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ifhaaj9d4407hvj5/

My armory is my sig
    Last edited by Challenge; 2014-06-11 at 01:41 PM.

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Suntore/advanced
    SPEC: Frost DW
    logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZRG69TvP41XnckjY#fight=12
    Questions: Is there anything I can do to increase my damage? I'm trying to get away from macro'd bt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntoredk View Post
    Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Suntore/advanced
    SPEC: Frost DW
    logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZRG69TvP41XnckjY#fight=12
    Questions: Is there anything I can do to increase my damage? I'm trying to get away from macro'd bt
    You need to log with advanced combat logging on so we can see your resource generation. Mainly so we can see if you use AMS enough.

Deleted
    Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/chamber-of-aspects/Alasmo/simple
    Spec:[/B] dw frost
    World of Logs: raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/chamber%20of%20aspects/alasmo/
    Question: So, I have been wondering lately, soul reaper or not to soul reaper? I personally choose not to soul reaper. Wondering what everyone else thinks and reason why I should soul reaper if any.