Babylon nuisance, Chrome/Firefox, etc.

A few days ago my Chrome stopped opening the pages I set for it to open when I start it up, it would only open up the Babylon search page. Since then I have searched my entire computer trying to get rid of any and all traces of it, but it still shows up, I can't find any files or anything like that on my computer.
    Anyone have any suggestions? I have ran virus scans and they found nothing too.

It's a freakin' plug-in, just turn it off in settings, worked in my case.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearish View Post
    It's a freakin' plug-in, just turn it off in settings, worked in my case.
    You think if it was that easy I wouldn't have figured it out? It doesn't appear in my extensions/plug-ins.

Hey

Try these Babylon Features :

Change Homepage

1. Open Google Chrome, click on the "Customize and control Google Chrome " icon by the right side of the address bar; click on Settings:

2. Inside Settings under "On startup", choose the option "Open a specific page or set of pages."

3. Click on "Set pages" and delete Babylon's page from the list by clicking the small "x" icon beside it.

Remove Search Provider

In order to change the Search Engine in Google Chrome, please follow the instructions below:

1. Open Google Chrome, click on the "Customize and control Google Chrome " icon by the right side of the address bar

2. Click on Settings > Under "Search" click on "Manage search engines...":

3. If you see Babylon Search as default, please click on a different option (Google, Bing etc.).
    Make it default, then remove Babylon by clicking the small 'x'.

Remove Search from New Tab

1. Open Google Chrome, click on the "Customize and control Google Chrome " icon on the right side of the address bar:

2. Go to Tools > Extensions.

3. Remove any Babylon extension (Translator, Toolbar Etc...) from the list by clicking on the small trash bin icon that will appear when you point the cursor over it.

I have tried all of that, the damn thing still won't go away, it appears on my Firefox browser too, so it isn't a Chrome issue, its like a virus.

Googled it and apparently it went a bit rogue and is now classed as a browser hijacker; try these things out:

http://www.2-viruses.com/remove-babylon-toolbar
    http://www.pcrisk.com/removal-guides...abylon-toolbar
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Try going to Chrome settings, beneath "On Startup" it should have an option to change the startup page.
    Playing since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    its like a virus.
    LIKE a virus?
    Those things ARE viruses...

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 08:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    Googled it and apparently it went a bit rogue and is now classed as a browser hijacker; try these things out:

http://www.2-viruses.com/remove-babylon-toolbar
    http://www.pcrisk.com/removal-guides...abylon-toolbar
    That is why those things should be banned, preferably with a 5 million dollar fine(or death sentence by airstrike) to whoever keeps making them
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried running malware removal? Like malwarebytes? DIdn't see it mentioned.