Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Interesting bot behaviour

Observed some bot behaviour recently that can be loosely interpreted as cheating. It's also quite reproducable too.

It all revolves around hiding in a bush. Sometimes, even when the bot is no where near you, you can slip into a bush and attempt to recall. Then, all of a sudden out of the blue you'll eat an Ez, or Lux ult. Sometimes when you out fox a bot (ie when you get into a bush and they 'lose' you, and start pacing back and forth) and begin to recall, a few seconds later, they'll just randomly realise that you were there. I have even had a Yi and Jax leap to me in a bush, when there was nothing of the enemies in there (for those who haven't played either champs, both their jumpy moves need to be targeted on another entity).
    RETH

Deleted
    I thought everyone knew this by now, as soon as I learned to juke I started noticing bots cheating :P I guess there's a reason they don't buy wards

Deleted
    Bots need that extra edge to have any kind of chance vs humans, to put up ANY resistance. They also get free gold, so as to keep up in items.

What you are describing seems to work by revealing your position to enemy bots after spending more than a few seconds in a brush.

Deleted
    Yeeeeap... this is why I never put Lux or Ashe in the enemy team when I play Customs to test some builds. The amount of times I've been sniped while recalling at low health thinking I was safe...

Deleted
    It's annoying, yes.

Bots are weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bots are psychic man. If you try to take their buffs or sneak a dragon annie bot is just gonna walk up and combo you.

But ya, they have to have some advantage over humans or they would get stomped even more.

10+ Year Old Account
    They can also tell when you are coming to gank, so if you are practicing jungling against bots, most of the time they will back off in a lane. However, if you sit there for a few seconds they come back and are easy targets.

I've had on several occasions before, had a bot follow my stealth character around but not try to attack. I would swap to another lane while invisible and a bot would run right to my position and follow me closely.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had a friend try out Akali in a few bot games.
    Every single time he used his stealth (no attacking or anything, he would just sit in it) they would know exactly where he was and start attacking him. Bots cheat too much :\

And they always know when you're doing dragon, and half their team comes up or down river whenever you start trying to solo it.

Deleted
    They also know exactly how much dmg they can inflict on you with their skills and will one-shot you with perfect combos if they can. Sure, its not cheating. They just can "aim" and "calculate" in splitseconds. (Human) Players have reactiontimes and maybe poor judgement and will not commit to a fight they might lose. If you happen to chase a Ryze (as an example) he may just turn around and blast you with 4 hp remaining. Human players would rather run away, because lag and reactiontime will let something slip through and kill them. I think thats really funny to see

Deleted
    They have some interesting tricks up their sleeves for sure. Took an ashe arrow at the fountain after i had just recalled once.

But bots have really horrible judgement when it comes to turrets and attacking. Its really easy to bait the two top bots to get under your turret, only to hit you once, get targeted by it, then get slowed/stunned by yourself and die. Although i guess thats a pretty accurate recreation of some players ive seen...

10+ Year Old Account
    Bots can sit just out of your viewing range. That's how they set up crazy ganks. They will dive for ults and if they do its because it will kill you. You can bait bits with the person with the lowest health because they will ignore everyone else. Bits know where you are at at all times.

It's always scary when Fiddlesticks Bot ults on you because he can see you, but you can't see him. He's just in range. Suddenly, CAWCAWCAW.

I mean, bots are easy to trick when you see them. But they have some crazy precision and calculations.

Deleted
    Another funny thing about bots, when one of their 1st tier towers get destroyed they always, 100% of the time, converge on that tower and gank you if you stay in there too long. Even if you go away they will STILL come, even if only to hit a minion a few times and run off.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Another funny thing about bots, when one of their 1st tier towers get destroyed they always, 100% of the time, converge on that tower and gank you if you stay in there too long. Even if you go away they will STILL come, even if only to hit a minion a few times and run off.
    Something I always noticed, though it happened without fail before the season 3 patch and is now harder to predict, Bots wouldn't roam until either one of their towers was destroyed or the timer hit 10:00
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    It's always scary when Fiddlesticks Bot ults on you because he can see you, but you can't see him. He's just in range. Suddenly, CAWCAWCAW.

I mean, bots are easy to trick when you see them. But they have some crazy precision and calculations.
    Their timing on summoners is pretty spot on too, and by spot on I mean instant. QE combo over the wall with jarvan? Exhausted before they get knocked up. Ryze was the best though, he would like insta rune prison you even if you came out of the fog of war. I haven't really played bots since the s3 patch though, so they might have toned down the reaction times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    I haven't really played bots since the s3 patch though, so they might have toned down the reaction times.
    They didn't. And honestly, if you take even -that- from bots games vs them will be even more boring. :P

Agreed. I would keep it in.

Annie Bot rolling her face over her keyboard to instakill you has it's charms anyhow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    Annie Bot rolling her face over her keyboard to instakill you has it's charms anyhow.
    I just imagined a loli mecha programmed to only facedesk the keyboard whenever something is in range. Hawt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    Their timing on summoners is pretty spot on too, and by spot on I mean instant. QE combo over the wall with jarvan? Exhausted before they get knocked up. Ryze was the best though, he would like insta rune prison you even if you came out of the fog of war. I haven't really played bots since the s3 patch though, so they might have toned down the reaction times.
    They haven't been toned down at all.
    Bot at less than 10 health, no health potions, and running away? Flash to get near them for an auto attack. Instant exhaust coming out from the bot.