Deleted

Shadow Priest Alliance Racials

I'm sure there's already a thread on this somewhere but my search skills apparently aren't good enough.

Just in terms of patchwork DPS (not movement speed etc), what's coming out top with the current BiS gear set?

I was thinking it was human for the 1% hit and 3% spirit, however I was basing my calculations on all of my hit coming from spirit, which it doesn't.
    Does panda take over in the BiS gear where a) more hit doesn't mean more haste, but rather crit. b) many items have hit instead of spirit?

I also assume that in any circumstance 300int > 1% crit?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pandaren is the top as 300 int is worth more than ~300 of any other stat. The only key difference to note is that when you are a Pandaren, if you die and get rezzed, you not only do not have food buff, but your racial is gone as well.

That being said about the Panda by and large Alliance Racials are all situationally used. It depends if BiS is a Mace for a Human, if you are fed... So saying the Panda one is bad due to death is a wee bit off.

Go Panda if you desire the max out of racials. For everything else there are Humans
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1701#race

http://warcraft.twintop-tahoe.com/?p=344 :

* For Dwarves and Humans, equipped mainhand must be a Mace; for Gnomes, equipped mainhand must be a Dagger.
    ** Haste is multiplicative. The PP values quoted here assume a base of 5% Haste from Shadowform. Remember, Haste is multiplicative so the more that you have the larger effect the bonus has!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ameri View Post
    Pandaren is the top as 300 int is worth more than ~300 of any other stat. The only key difference to note is that when you are a Pandaren, if you die and get rezzed, you not only do not have food buff, but your racial is gone as well.

i'd have thought the key difference was the other racials don't offer 300 of any stat but rather % which varies the actual rating provided. (eg 1% crit != 300crit, but rather 600(?)crit)

thanks for that link freddie.
    I guess I need to work out exactly how much of my hit is coming from the spirit bonus and translate that into a PP combined with the mace to compare it to the 300 int.

Deleted
    Technically a human will be the best choice for alliance, but there are 2 main problems: will you always have the option to get a mace? And how much you'll actually get out of it in the end, since unlike any other stat, you get zero benefit from hit above the cap. This coupled with how problematic it would be to get the perfect benefit from the human spirit bonus makes it a nightmare to calculate.

So the best course of action would be to take pandaren if you're sure in your ability not to die during the fights (or just piss off your RL so that you won't be ever battle rezed), if getting a 300 stat food for each pull is not a problem and if you don't care about not having a racial when you PvP and most of the time when you're not raiding...

So I guess just go worgen and stay clear of hit racials. A nice always on, never wasted static buff. And a sprint, which is handy for our lack of mobility. Or alternatively come over to the Horde and have the best value racial combined with being small, green and a badass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Human's secondary racials are amazing as well. Worgen sprint isn't terrible though.

Panda's secondary racials: not so much.

Crit is going to jump in stat weight significantly in 5.2 if the set bonuses stay the same. Epicurean needs to have a "food buffs persist through death" clause tacked on to it for me to consider it; I much prefer the persistent values offered by worgen or priest. I personally have stuck with human despite being tempted greatly by worgens just because there always seems to be a use for their trinket and the rep gains are huge when raid factions are released.

either human or worgen. the worgen minisprint is quite useful, and the crit bonus from worgen isn't dependent on weapon type.

15+ Year Old Account
    People are saying that post cap hit is worthless, however as human you will reach that cap much faster and you will be able to spend those 1% hit from mace spec and 3% spirit value somewhere else (most probably haste).

EDIT: And yea, in the world where rep grinds are 90% of the game, 10% bonus rep is huge.
    Last edited by Demetrion; 2013-01-13 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    Human's secondary racials are amazing as well. Worgen sprint isn't terrible though.

Panda's secondary racials: not so much.
    Idk... being bouncy has saved my life a couple of times out in the world

But yea, for raiding (and getting geared up in the first place) Human is the best choice for alliance right now... stupid humans qq

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Idk... being bouncy has saved my life a couple of times out in the world
    YOU HAVE LEVITATE! Don't be a fail Priest Arlee :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Human #1 wtb mace
    Sig by Safhira