Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    15,025
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    True, paladins won't be awkward with priests equipment... but warriors... ermm.... well just imagine it :P
    I agree - but then I logon to see a billion Death Knights and warriors wearing the purple paladin t2 and groan.... *Shrug*.

    An idea could be this - Allow Plate wearers to use Mail as well, since they don't learn to use Plate until lvl 40, and allow Mail users to use Leather since they don't learn Mail until lvl 40... Erm not sure about what to do with Leather and Cloth users though....

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  2. #42
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    We are able to use one handed maces since 4.3
    As you may know, most of priest weapons are main-hand but now we can use one hand maces too for transmog

    ..........

    What i second... i think we were able to do that long time ago..... oh well.... still... don't be sad about that! WE HAVE MORE COOL LOOKING SETS THAT ANY PLATE/LEATHER/MAIL CLASS!

  3. #43
    Scarab Lord Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    4,238
    BTW you know that if Blizzard do that then they will have to let any others class that can use mace and daggers do the same..., so in the end, the others class will always have more thant what we have, also there are some cool looking maces out there, even more now that we can use one hand maces
    Wha?! ... I didn't complain about "warrior gets more waah waah". I just say IF they go down the route of removing weapon restrictions, they should go all the way and not stof after 3 steps.

    BTW there are 12 .. maces that are currently offhand only and most if not all have a main hand pendant anyway...
    http://www.wowhead.com/items=2.4?filter=sl=22

    What i second... i think we were able to do that long time ago.....
    Told you you can mog one hand over a main hand. Just not the other way around.

    Or just a classic D&D Cleric...
    Grr stop breaking my examples please. :P

    Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Wizard- (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    The changes in 5.2 are completely useless for several classes
    Let's remove tamable beasts, only one class can use them. Even more unfair as many of them are restricted to only one spec.
    Let's remove spells because they all are restricted to only one class.
    Why are there classes then? Let's combine all classes into an "adventurer". No more problems!
    I'm not a troll.

  5. #45
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    15,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Wha?! ... I didn't complain about "warrior gets more waah waah". I just say IF they go down the route of removing weapon restrictions, they should go all the way and not stof after 3 steps.

    BTW there are 12 .. maces that are currently offhand only and most if not all have a main hand pendant anyway...
    http://www.wowhead.com/items=2.4?filter=sl=22


    Told you you can mog one hand over a main hand. Just not the other way around.



    Grr stop breaking my examples please. :P
    But but but but.... :'(

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  6. #46
    Death Knight - Trans Main to One Hand, doubling the choice of sword, axe, mace. Also allows for your preference of the three.
    Druid - Trans One Hand to Main Hand weapons, doubling the choice of maces and daggers.
    Hunter - Already had access to this feature.
    Mage - Trans One Hand to Main Hand weapons, doubling the choice of swords and daggers.
    Monk - Trans Main to One Hand and vise versa, doubling the choice of sword, axe, mace. Also allows for your preference of the three.
    Priest -Trans One Hand to Main Hand weapons, doubling the choice of maces and daggers.
    Paladin - Trans Main to One Hand and vise versa, doubling the choice of sword, axe, mace. Also allows for your preference of the three.
    Rogue - Trans Main to One Hand, doubling the choice of sword, axe, mace. Also allows for your preference of the three.
    Shaman - Trans Main to One Hand and vise versa, doubling the choice of dagger, axe, mace. Also allows for your preference of the two.
    Warrior - Trans Main to One Hand and vise versa, doubling the choice of sword, axe, mace. Also allows for your preference of the three.
    Warlock - Trans One Hand to Main Hand weapons, doubling the choice of swords and daggers.

    So... I fail to see how this is an unfair change. Everyone that didn't already benefit now benefits.

  7. #47
    Bloodsail Admiral Kharli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pandaria/Balmora/Divinity's reach
    Posts
    1,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    Is it just me or is the upcoming change a bit unfair for several classes?

    I know it's only a cosmetic feature, but if you look into the details, caster classes, hunters (they already have this option) and possibly rogues don't have any benefit from them. Shamans are the only ones who have a small benefit, because they can use maces and axes. So a caster has virtually no option to transmog a specific weapon type into another one.

    What do you think? Would you prefer a small overhaul in weapon accessibility? Maybe one handed swords for priests, maces for mages and axe for warlocks for more options?

    I would love to see a sword for my priest.
    ok, right,
    Are you hitting the big angry guy with a sword or are you standing behind the guy hitting the big angry guy with a sword? as a caster i very much doubt it(Ench sham don't count, they are melee and if they are a caster so is Ret pala <.<)

    but I agree with you very much so, I wan't Paladins to use bloody daggers but that's nevah gona happen or ret pala/arms/Blood/unholy/frost using polearm(damn you fury warriors..i hate you.(class&anim prob not players) just disallow fury to even equipd the polearms so we can get some str polearms or just make the bloody thigns anyways and tell the fury warriors:No no touched, get the axe or sword..

    and Regarding the Rouge problem.
    Currently BiS is two daggers.. yeh they can't be transmogrify to swords sadly.
    Last edited by Kharli; 2013-01-11 at 11:25 PM.

  8. #48
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    speedrunslive.com
    Posts
    18,020
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Actually, it will make easier to create awesome sets, convining cloth-leather-plate items so there will be more unique sets around and you will see even more variety, but.... i actually agree with you, i don't like the idea of letting plate (or anything else) being transmoged to anything that isn't the type of armor it already is, but i kind of like that they lifted the weapon-type restriction in a way (another part of me don't like it but the biggest part of me is the one that like it :P)
    Blizz said one line they aren't willing to cross is lines where you lose the distinctness of classes. Pallies in cloth was their big example.
    Permanently unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

    Been a fun run guys, but the game's officially moved into the "Milk the Playerbase" phase. And I for one don't intend to stick around as the cost of expansions go up, content in them goes down, and raids become further and further apart.
    Maybe I'll be back for WoW2, but probably not. - Slowpoke, the former Dokhidamo

  9. #49
    Scarab Lord Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    4,238
    Priest -Trans One Hand to Main Hand weapons, doubling the choice of maces and daggers.
    Erm.. again one last time: You can mog one hand onto main hand since um... forever?
    So: no. Priests get ZIP.

    Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Wizard- (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

  10. #50
    So... I fail to see how this is an unfair change. Everyone that didn't already benefit now benefits.
    Self quote:
    The point that i'm not happy with is the fact, that transmog a weapon type to another is restricted by its combat animation. That eliminates the entire feature for us.

  11. #51
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Qprahwndfury View Post
    Death Knight - Trans Main to One Hand, doubling the choice of sword, axe, mace. Also allows for your preference of the three.
    Druid - Trans One Hand to Main Hand weapons, doubling the choice of maces and daggers.
    Hunter - Already had access to this feature.
    Mage - Trans One Hand to Main Hand weapons, doubling the choice of swords and daggers.
    Monk - Trans Main to One Hand and vise versa, doubling the choice of sword, axe, mace. Also allows for your preference of the three.
    Priest -Trans One Hand to Main Hand weapons, doubling the choice of maces and daggers.
    Paladin - Trans Main to One Hand and vise versa, doubling the choice of sword, axe, mace. Also allows for your preference of the three.
    Rogue - Trans Main to One Hand, doubling the choice of sword, axe, mace. Also allows for your preference of the three.
    Shaman - Trans Main to One Hand and vise versa, doubling the choice of dagger, axe, mace. Also allows for your preference of the two.
    Warrior - Trans Main to One Hand and vise versa, doubling the choice of sword, axe, mace. Also allows for your preference of the three.
    Warlock - Trans One Hand to Main Hand weapons, doubling the choice of swords and daggers.

    So... I fail to see how this is an unfair change. Everyone that didn't already benefit now benefits.
    Ermm, since transmog came out you can transmog main-hand weapons to one hand but not viceversa now they added that one hand weapon can be transmoged to main-hand, so priest got nothing :S

    But in the end, i don't care

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    ok, right,
    Are you hitting the big angry guy with a sword or are you standing behind the guy hitting the big angry guy with a sword? as a caster i very much doubt it(Ench sham don't count, they are melee and if they are a caster so is Ret pala <.<).
    At this point of view: Why druids can use polearms? They don't use it because they shifting into their animals forms.

  13. #53
    Scarab Lord Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    4,238
    But in the end, i don't care
    Me neither. Most of the time you switch weaps every tier anyway, so there's always options. Unless they lock us into the Sha weapons for the rest of mop.
    Vulmir... will see a lot of action after 3+ years in my bank.

    At this point of view: Why druids can use polearms? They don't use it because they shifting into their animals forms.
    A more interesting question: Where does a shifted druid put his Polearm? :O

    Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Wizard- (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    A more interesting question: Where does a shifted druid put his Polearm? :O
    I'm not sure I want to know...
    I'm not a troll.

  15. #55
    Very much agreed with topicstarter.
    Who actually get most from new transmog rules are all plate users and monks.
    Who actually get something at least: ele shaman, sword mages and sword locks.
    Who actually gain nothing at all: priests, rogues (since there are no more agi maces/axes/swords, and fists are not in the list), druids. And huntards.
    Good job Blizz, actually. Having played both Priest and Rogue, i'm so very "much" excited, oh yes.
    Was it really SO much hard to drop idiotic weapon restrictions for cosmetic only feature? Really?
    I just hope some day Blizz will stop licking plate classes owners' asses, which they are doing since WoTLK.

  16. #56
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,511
    Quote Originally Posted by troll View Post
    I'm not sure I want to know...
    Maybe he's polearm transform in his claws and fangs, but.... what happen with their staff?!

  17. #57
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    923
    So we can give mace axe look or fist look for shaman? YAY!!!! I keep mace bonus and can get other looks.

    Now they need to make old FOS pvp ranks account wide so i can transmog replica shaman gear on my shaman!
    Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    This is what a blizz blue said about charge and also they are putting pummel and disrupting shout on the same DR seriously blizzard its hard enough as a warrior to beat casters [...]
    in patch 5.4...

  18. #58
    Bloodsail Admiral Kharli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pandaria/Balmora/Divinity's reach
    Posts
    1,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    Self quote:The point that i'm not happy with is the fact, that transmog a weapon type to another is restricted by its combat animation. That eliminates the entire feature for us.
    WEEELL Guns/xbows/bows actully have DIFFRENT animations so..heck if i know what the blazes blizzard is chewing in that regard..

  19. #59
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    So we can give mace axe look or fist look for shaman? YAY!!!! I keep mace bonus and can get other looks.

    Now they need to make old FOS pvp ranks account wide so i can transmog replica shaman gear on my shaman!
    You will be able to make your axe or mace look like a mace or an axe but you can't make your axe looks like a first-weap or vice-versa

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 06:23 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    WEEELL Guns/xbows/bows actully have DIFFRENT animations so..heck if i know what the blazes blizzard is chewing in that regard..
    Well in that case is because for most hunters... the gun sound is kind of annoying so, that's why Blizzard help them with that

  20. #60
    Brewmaster Agile Emily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Qprahwndfury View Post
    Rogue - Trans Main to One Hand, doubling the choice of sword, axe, mace. Also allows for your preference of the three.
    ...riiight.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •