Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    You don't get it. It's unfair to implement a feature that is completely useless for several classes.
    Since it is early PTR and this could change for all we know later on in the PTR things like staff-polearm could be viable, a thing druids really want (and monks).
    Now yes I understand that for say a priest the changes do nothing. But you are a cloth class, which gets a lot of perks, there are a lot of nice looking mace, daggers, staffs, and wands even if you dont like the animations. (take into account changes to MH and one hand weapons and wait you do get perks from it)

How does this not have any use for a rogue? Rogue's can use swords, maces, and axes so they get tons of use, I know not EVERYBODY will be using em especially high end pve players but what does that matter that does not count out the benefit they get. Hunters already have this mainly because of the huge sound difference between a gun and bow, and some people (myself included) can't stand gun sounds when playing their hunter. A nice xbow is always sweet.

This is a fair change in all respects, so there honestly is no need for a change in what classes can use what weapons. A priest with a sword.... just no. Even as shadow it's not right, because most caster classes that can use a sword due so because of the title "battle-mage" and the ideals behind that.

This got a bit long, but really there is nothing particularly bad about the xmog changes. Nor anything near unfair.

Only a handful of weapons are not restricted to mainhand.
    In 5.2 all weapons (ALMOST all) change to one-handers and no more main hand weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very surprised about those rageposts....

Just for you: The changes in 5.2 are completely useless for several classes, because they don't have access to weapons with the same animations (the main requirement for transmog one weapon type into another). That's it. You can't equip a dagger and transmog a wand over it.

Granyala got the point. While other classes are able to choose their favorite weapons for transmog, others are still restricted to a weapontype they probably don't like, but wear it because of it's stats. This is by the way the entire reason for upcoming change.... to have options.
    Thyr, i understand what you say, but we all get something from these transmog change, maybe not as much as others..

Rouges can now use the main hand weapons for both of their weapons, and now they can also use all the casters weapons (swords and daggers) to transmog, also they will be able to transmog their swords to maces or axes. (in general these guys have a lot of benefits)

Priest, mage and warlock, these three classes now have many more options of maces(Priests), swords and daggers to chosse whenever they want to transmog their weapon.

I wish they'd just drop all restrictions on transmogrification entirely. It's completely baffling to me why they decided to finally let players look how they want to look, but only some of the time and only under specific conditions.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just because a cosmetic change is supposedly unfair to some classes, blizz should not implement it they way its on the prt?
    Come on, stop being selfish !!

They are slowly improving this system and all i can say is that the transmog changes are amazing, so stop complaining about it just because it will not be usefull to your main and let the game evolve.
    Last edited by igualitarist; 2013-01-11 at 10:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post

In 5.2 all weapons (ALMOST all) change to one-handers and no more main hand weapons.
    Is true, the only weapons that remain main hand are those that have a partner (like the Warglaives of Azzinoth, cataclysm legendary daggers, 2 others weapons sets that you get in zulgurub -one of them is already not obtenaible- and 1 mace that is also unobtenaible

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You don't get it. It's unfair to implement a feature that is completely useless for several classes.
    I think you are going to have a hard time selling that to most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    I wish they'd just drop all restrictions on transmogrification entirely. It's completely baffling to me why they decided to finally let players look how they want to look, but only some of the time and only under specific conditions.
    I don't agree with dropping all restrictions. I think there's a line to be crossed. I actually don't like the weapon-type restriction being lifted, but I'm not particularly concerned about it.

I don't want Pallies running around with cloth xmogs (those should be the domain of clothies only), and I don't want to turn my sword into a dagger or wand, even if that would make putting together xmog sets easier -- it may very well just make it too easy, and I think that takes away some of the fun and some of the unique-ness of it.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Is true, the only weapons that remain main hand are those that have a partner (like the Warglaives of Azzinoth, cataclysm legendary daggers, 2 others weapons sets that you get in zulgurub -one of them is already not obtenaible- and 1 mace that is also unobtenaible
    This is what I most happy about. The main vs one hand restrictions was one of the most irritating one they had. The like weapon type I understood, but main vs one hand? So melee can't use cool looking caster weapons that are the same weapon type? Bah!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well is the same with priest, now all maces will be one-hand so now you have more options of maces (my main is a priest), the same with daggers (I don't think you will use a dagger... ever, unless you're lvling but meeehhh)
    Maces are one hand now.
    You can't mog caster mainhands as melee. But you can very well mog melee weapons as a caster. Just try it out.
    The only maces you could not mog would be the ones that are offhand only. But off the top of my head I can't think of one.

Imho that animation stuff is bogus.
    hunters can mog: Bow<->Gun<->Crossbow. They don't share animations, so the tech to make it work is there.
    Why can't priests mog: Mace<->Dagger? (1H to 2H staff would cause obvious problems, so I can understand that one not being allowed)

It's not as if we're asking to get the iconic and super awesome looking caster swords .. we know priests aren't cool enough for these ... <_<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I don't agree with dropping all restrictions. I think there's a line to be crossed. I actually don't like the weapon-type restriction being lifted, but I'm not particularly concerned about it.

I don't want Pallies running around with cloth xmogs (those should be the domain of clothies only), and I don't want to turn my sword into a dagger or wand, even if that would make putting together xmog sets easier -- it may very well just make it too easy, and I think that takes away some of the fun and some of the unique-ness of it.
    Actually, it will make easier to create awesome sets, convining cloth-leather-plate items so there will be more unique sets around and you will see even more variety, but.... i actually agree with you, i don't like the idea of letting plate (or anything else) being transmoged to anything that isn't the type of armor it already is, but i kind of like that they lifted the weapon-type restriction in a way (another part of me don't like it but the biggest part of me is the one that like it :P)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post

I even think that there should be a line. The point that i'm not happy with is the fact, that transmog a weapon type to another is restricted by its combat animation. That eliminates the entire feature for us. I've asked what you think about giving casters one more weapon or maybe other suggestions instead of posts about legendaries that are not able to transmog or about plate vs. cloth (funny part: a plate wearer can also wear cloth, but we can't wear plate )

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    hunters can mog: Bow<->Gun<->Crossbow. They don't share animations, so the tech to make it work is there.
    Why can't priests mog: Mace<->Dagger? (1H to 2H staff would cause obvious problems, so I can understand that one not being allowed)
    Good point!

10+ Year Old Account
    The like weapon type I understood, but main vs one hand? So melee can't use cool looking caster weapons that are the same weapon type? Bah!
    Technical issue.
    Melee can put weapons in either hand, but game only has animations for mainhand-wield. Now that they added / fixed animations, they can lift the requirement.

No. Classes still should be restricted to what they can actually wear.
    But within that realm all restrictions should be eliminated.

EG: Plate wearing priest would be .. awkward and stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I even think that there should be a line. The point that i'm not happy with is the fact, that transmog a weapon type to another is restricted by its combat animation. That eliminates the entire feature for us. I've asked what you think about giving casters one more weapon or maybe other suggestions instead of posts about legendaries that are not able to transmog or about plate vs. cloth (funny part: a plate wearer can also wear cloth, but we can't wear plate )

Good point!

As i said before, is true we don't get as much as the others but we do get new things, i prefer less than nothing

I want to xmog a gun on my Shaman so I can shoot Lava Bursts and Lightning Bolts; if I don't get what I want it's not fair!

10+ Year Old Account
    Imho that animation stuff is bogus.

It's not as if we're asking to get the iconic and super awesome looking caster swords .. we know priests aren't cool enough for these ... <_<
    BTW you know that if Blizzard do that then they will have to let any others class that can use mace and daggers do the same..., so in the end, the others class will always have more thant what we have, also there are some cool looking maces out there, even more now that we can use one hand maces

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Technical issue.
    Melee can put weapons in either hand, but game only has animations for mainhand-wield. Now that they added / fixed animations, they can lift the requirement.

No. Classes still should be restricted to what they can actually wear.
    But within that realm all restrictions should be eliminated.

EG: Plate wearing priest would be .. awkward and stupid.
    Or just a classic D&D Cleric... That said, a lot of paladin tiers look like cloth-plate combos already, like t2, t10 and t12.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodrocs View Post
    I want to xmog a gun on my Shaman so I can shoot Lava Bursts and Lightning Bolts; if I don't get what I want it's not fair!
    You know that you're exagerating, i don't agree with the OP but you're making fun of him, also he is at least talking about items we can use... and i'm pretty sure shamans can't use guns... or can they? *imagine a shaman with a gun trowing elementals* O.O

The feature is already "useless." You get no gain from it other than how your character looks. If you don't like how your class can look, reroll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    even more now that we can use one hand maces
    We are able to use one handed maces since 4.3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Or just a classic D&D Cleric... That said, a lot of paladin tiers look like cloth-plate combos already, like t2, t10 and t12.
    True, paladins won't be awkward with priests equipment... but warriors... ermm.... well just imagine it :P