Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    Immortal Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    7,970
    It's a sad world where you perceive that something given to another is an insult to you.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    It's a sad world where you perceive that something given to another is an insult to you.
    That's not the Point. Not even close..... Blizz should simply allow Dagger->1H Weapon Transmogs and everyone would be happy. Or allow all Cloth Casters to use Sword/Mace/Dagger. That wouldn't really work Lore Wise but Blizz doesn't seem to care that much about the Warcraft Lore anyway (Rogue's wielding 1H Axe's as Example).
    Last edited by Moriat; 2013-01-12 at 03:05 AM.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    It's a sad world where you perceive that something given to another is an insult to you.
    It has nothing to do with an insult. It's simply that some classes can't using it.

  4. #64
    Bloodsail Admiral Kharli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pandaria/Balmora/Divinity's reach
    Posts
    1,166
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    You will be able to make your axe or mace look like a mace or an axe but you can't make your axe looks like a first-weap or vice-versa

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 06:23 PM ----------



    Well in that case is because for most hunters... the gun sound is kind of annoying so, that's why Blizzard help them with that
    my point still stands. Different combat animations.., oh hey guess what I can't even hear anything over the metal hitting metal sound EVERY single boss fight, cause i'm melee.. oh no, >.< nobody seem to care about that, but when it comes to hunters we need to care.. NO.

  5. #65
    As a paladin with a lot more swords and maces than axes, I will welcome it kindly

  6. #66
    I feel for the dagger complaints. Fists are in the same boat except worse in my opinion since they are completely invisible for monks. At least with daggers they have a sheathed graphic 8(.

  7. #67
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriat View Post
    That's not the Point. Not even close..... Blizz should simply allow Dagger->1H Weapon Transmogs and everyone would be happy. Or allow all Cloth Casters to use Sword/Mace/Dagger. That wouldn't really work Lore Wise but Blizz doesn't seem to care that much about the Warcraft Lore anyway (Rogue's wielding 1H Axe's as Example).
    What? you know that rouge's wielding 1H axes is not wrong..., small axes are considered to be really fast weapons and sometimes even more effective for a silent kill

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 09:29 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    my point still stands. Different combat animations.., oh hey guess what I can't even hear anything over the metal hitting metal sound EVERY single boss fight, cause i'm melee.. oh no, >.< nobody seem to care about that, but when it comes to hunters we need to care.. NO.
    Ermm..., wouldn't the metal hitting metal sound would be with every weapon? so is not like they can do anything about it (unless they change the sound) also nobody (or at least nor many people) get annoyed by that and say it in public (in forums where Blizzard´s employers may see it), also the problem is that we can't use those weapons, but well i do agree that we are kind of limitated if you compare casters (priests) to anyone else

  8. #68
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    189
    Removing restrictions on some weapons is great and all but it only adds to the possibilities of items you potentially wanna hoard even if it's a completely different weapon type. I like the freedom but I don't like a full bank I already struggle with due to full void storage/bank with transmoggable gear and/or vanity items I don't wanna get rid of. Some gear took way too long to collect to just vendor, even worse for people that are really old school and got unobtainable gear.

    Before the next step after 5.2 (even more freedom/auto coloring gear/armor type/new player models/etc) they need to fix the logistic problem of storage, since full sets are 8 pieces of armor + a cloak/weapon/shield/offhand that makes it 8-11 pieces per "Set".

    I'd love to see more UI element (gear model journal?) or an expansion of void storage or bank either by bigger ((transmog)gear-only bags) or vanity items/tabards becoming BoA so you can store them somewhere else.

  9. #69
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Removing restrictions on some weapons is great and all but it only adds to the possibilities of items you potentially wanna hoard even if it's a completely different weapon type. I like the freedom but I don't like a full bank I already struggle with due to full void storage/bank with transmoggable gear and/or vanity items I don't wanna get rid of. Some gear took way too long to collect to just vendor, even worse for people that are really old school and got unobtainable gear.

    Before the next step after 5.2 (even more freedom/auto coloring gear/armor type/new player models/etc) they need to fix the logistic problem of storage, since full sets are 8 pieces of armor + a cloak/weapon/shield/offhand that makes it 8-11 pieces per "Set".

    I'd love to see more UI element (gear model journal?) or an expansion of void storage or bank either by bigger ((transmog)gear-only bags) or vanity items/tabards becoming BoA so you can store them somewhere else.
    Yes i think the same, but i think that they should do the same they did with the mounts to the tabards (i mean you learn them or something like that, is really hard to be a tabard collector :S), i also like the gear model journal (maybe they can create a way to make a complete set be only 1 item, like you select 8 pieces + waist + boots + cape and fuse all them in one item, and when you put it on it will equip all items or something like that)

  10. #70
    Legendary! Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    6,960
    Question: Do daggers have the same animations as One Handers?

  11. #71
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Question: Do daggers have the same animations as One Handers?
    Sadly... no, so you can't transmog mace, axes or sword to daggers or viceversa

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Question: Do daggers have the same animations as One Handers?
    Nope, because swords and axes are SLASHING weapons and maces are CRUSHING weapons, but the basic idea for both is that you swing in an arc. Think of a guy swinging a sword down at an enemy to split him in two, or twisting a mace around to crack the guy over the side of the head.

    Daggers are PIERCING weapons, meaning someone who uses a dagger is likely going to stick the dagger into a section of the body where it would do the most damage. These don't involve slashing motions but instead thrusting motions. Think of a guy stabbing another guy straight into his gut, rather then cutting across it.

    Because of this, the animations are different. If you attempted to transmog a mace graphic over a dagger, you would look like you are trying to shove the blunt side directly into the person, which in real life would do more to break your wrist then to hurt the enemy.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Technical issue.
    Melee can put weapons in either hand, but game only has animations for mainhand-wield. Now that they added / fixed animations, they can lift the requirement.
    .
    There is no technical limitations between Main hand animations vs One hand animations. A Mace is a Mace is a Mace, and the way you swing a Main Hand mace is no different than a One Hand Mace. If it physically could be dual wielded without the "Main Hand" restriction, it would swing just like any other off-hand equipped dual wielded weapon of that type (Maces/Swords/Axes all share animations)

    The reason they made the caster weapons "Main Hand" and not "One Hand" is to keep wonky things from happening like Enhancement using a spellpower weapon in their offhand to get WAAAAY more SP than they should have. But since they made the passive talent change in 5.0 that says something like "Get X% SP from AP. Can't benefit from any other sources of SP" or whatever, I guess it doesn't matter if Enhancement does that now.

    Either way, glad they are finally removing that. Made itself even more irksome last week when I got my lock exalted with Klaxxi, bought the spellpower 463 from them so I could finally have a spell SWORD to use his xmog sword from Archimonde... only discover the Klaxxi sword was One Hand and I couldn't even do it until 5.2

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 11:27 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I agree - but then I logon to see a billion Death Knights and warriors wearing the purple paladin t2 and groan.... *Shrug*.

    An idea could be this - Allow Plate wearers to use Mail as well, since they don't learn to use Plate until lvl 40, and allow Mail users to use Leather since they don't learn Mail until lvl 40... Erm not sure about what to do with Leather and Cloth users though....
    Heh, see a lot of DK's wearing the purple T2 recolor from BC dungeons as it is.
    Last edited by Deathgoose; 2013-01-14 at 05:27 PM.

  14. #74
    The Patient Valkari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Southcentral Alaska
    Posts
    234
    I wouldn't agree that being unable to use weapons your class cannot is unfair, there DO still have to be SOME limits, heh. That being said, not allowing things that the class can use is annoying, such as fist weapons to swords for monks (still wish I could see my weapons at some point).

    They've said something about the animations having to be the same, but how hard is it to convince a weapon it's a different type now? Already doing so with the looks, doesn't seem like the animations would be that much of a leap.

    Here's to hoping they at the very least figure out something for monks and fist weapons (that, or stop releasing so many fist weapons).

  15. #75
    Bloodsail Admiral Kharli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pandaria/Balmora/Divinity's reach
    Posts
    1,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    There is no technical limitations between Main hand animations vs One hand animations. A Mace is a Mace is a Mace, and the way you swing a Main Hand mace is no different than a One Hand Mace. If it physically could be dual wielded without the "Main Hand" restriction, it would swing just like any other off-hand equipped dual wielded weapon of that type (Maces/Swords/Axes all share animations)
    .
    i think he ment maybe POLEARMS(yes im looking on you fury warriors <.<) the major beef alot of plate str users has at the moment is that there, is awsome polearms, but we can't use them for transmog because of Fury warriors who use 2h weapons CAN NOT use Polearms..thus makeing the problem that we can't transmog to polearms/get str polearms(i love the polearms in MoP) thus makeing the major issue yeh we can't bloody use polearms..(low level don't count..)

  16. #76
    Stood in the Fire Hildefuns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Atlantic Europe
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    Nope, because swords and axes are SLASHING weapons and maces are CRUSHING weapons
    Just a small correction, depending on the type of sword, it can be something other than slashing. Axes are hacking weapons, not exactly slashing ones. Some swords, notably the Iberian falcata and the Greek kopis, both from the Iron Age, can also be described as hacking weapons.
    Maces, being blunt, are obviously crushing, although traditional European swords could also have this effect on armoured opponents, even if it wasn't their main goal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •