Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #61
    The Lightbringer Kerath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    There's actually scientific proof that men can actually think about nothing, and women can't. It has to do with that women connects an emotion to everything, and men don't, so they have like this extra space in their brain that they don't use, that women use for all their crazed emotions.

    Or something, it sounds a bit farfetched when I say it now.
    I know I can't keep my mind blank to save my life, although normally it's just mundane shit like what I need to do at work tomorrow, not usually emotional stuff.
    - Signature courtesy of the very talented Aveline -

  2. #62
    The Insane Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    15,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I sometimes feel like women often have conversations per-scripted in their heads and they get dismayed when the man doesn't respond as expected.
    I'm not a woman, I'm a gay guy and I do this.

    I have conversations scripted with multiple outcomes and what I say to those. There are multiple right answers.

  3. #63
    Mechagnome Liagala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    620
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    "About how I'd like a chicken sandwich and some waffle fries."

    "Wait, wrong answer?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    "about how sexy you look."
    In all honestly, I'd rather get Rukentuts' answer than "about how sexy you look." If I got that I'd be annoyed (see #3 below). I'd laugh at the chicken sammich (and/or agree and see about getting one). Random unrelated stuff is usually the best answer to that sort of question - it's almost always good for a laugh.

    On topic, top 5 things that annoy me about men:
    1. Asking if it's "that time" every time I get annoyed with something (I have a friend that does this and is quite serious about it - if he didn't live 1k miles away I'd've hit him a long time ago)
    2. Treating me with kid gloves because I'm a girl - not arguing with me, sugarcoating stuff and dancing around the truth when I mess up, whatever.
    3. Assuming that all women automatically love sweet, romantic stuff all the time no matter what
    4 & 5. This space left open for future inspiration. Since I generally enjoy the company of men more than women, it's more difficult for me to come up with things that bug me. I'll edit as I think of more.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    Wow, that sounds easy. Where can I get one?
    They mostly exist in the minds and bragging rights of internet users...

  5. #65
    The Insane Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    15,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    I know I can't keep my mind blank to save my life, although normally it's just mundane shit like what I need to do at work tomorrow, not usually emotional stuff.
    I wonder where gay guys fall now since our brains are similar to a womans...

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    "What are you thinking about?"
    Defenitly.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I'm not a woman, I'm a gay guy and I do this.

    I have conversations scripted with multiple outcomes and what I say to those. There are multiple right answers.
    Would be interesting to see if the genes that determines whether the child becomes homosexual also applies the right answers mode...
    I'm a European federalist. Now you know.


  8. #68
    Legendary! muto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Inside a Bubble
    Posts
    6,359
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    you sound like a real nice boyfriend.
    I know right.

  9. #69
    The Patient crazymack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    <--- that way
    Posts
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    How Sweden should purchase back Saint Barthelemy from the French, considering we only sold it because we needed the money at the time. It's historical importance to Swedish history is not much, but it really is a nice place to remember that Sweden did in fact try to colonize the world as well. It's also a great tourist resort if we have a place that actually speaks Swedish and not half-arse English like in Thailand. I was thinking we could rename it to Hammarskjöld ö once we buy it back, seems like a modern and catchy name for an island like that. Just imagine this Carribean island where everyone speaks Stockholm Swedish, with Swedish architecture everywhere in a tropical setting. Wouldn't that be awesome?

    What do you mean you're breaking up with me?
    You are winning this thread.

  10. #70
    The Lightbringer Kerath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I wonder where gay guys fall now since our brains are similar to a womans...
    is that so? I didn't know that.
    Oh MMO-C, you so educational.
    - Signature courtesy of the very talented Aveline -

  11. #71
    Find a mutually-inclined friend with benefits.
    I don't see a difference... (not trolling)

  12. #72
    Pandaren Monk -Skye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, UK.
    Posts
    1,808
    The "what's the matter" question. If you show any slight discomfort or that anything could be wrong in your face. Boom, you have that question on your ass until you answer, and if you say something menial like I'm thirsty etc they're like "I worried for THAT?!"

    (Personal experience ^^ all girls are different)
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Nah, I disagree with your elitist mentality.
    Tier gear should be available during the leveling process. I don't want to have to mingle with these eltitist jerks in LFR to get gear as it is. I pay a sub fee, I shouldn't have to do LFR to get raid gear, much less Flex or Normal.

  13. #73
    Merely a Setback Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    26,116
    @Liagala:

    Guilty of 2 sometimes, because I hate drama in all forms, not because I think she cannot handle it. I will acquiesce before I argue every time.

    You forgot one though, "Him asking me repeatedly if something is wrong when I'm just tired." I'm guilty as fucking charged.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Both of those links don't provide any evidence. They make unsubstantiated statements

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    So true. I don't think females understand that sometimes us males can honestly be thinking of absolutely nothing lol
    That's because women can't do it. So they don't understand how males can.

    Yes, there was even a study some years ago that concluded that men can sometimes think of absolutely nothing. This mostly happens just after getting home from work/school. Does this situation sound familiar? You just land on the couch after getting home from work/school and you put on the tv, only to realize a minute or two later that your girlfriend/mom was asking you questions as you came in? That's because your mind was blank.

    Yes, it's truly a gift we guys have.

  15. #75
    What I hate about the other sex?

    Irrationality of the women know no boundaries.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by crazymack View Post
    You are winning this thread.
    The worst part is that that is really how I talk in real life.
    I'm a European federalist. Now you know.


  17. #77
    Legendary! Thelxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    6,358
    "call me when ... "

  18. #78
    Titan MerinPally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chemistry block.
    Posts
    11,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    I almost thought about making my man a sandwich once, but then... it passed me by, and I carried on staring vacantly at daytime tv again.
    A moment of silence on behalf of this man who missed out, be he fictional or not.

    Whether or not it's been proven men can blankly sit there and women can't, I don't find women doing this much they're always thinking about something, even really trivial stuff which has no impact on themselves or anything whereas I can quite happily sit there blankly and do something barely realising I'm doing it. Other times I just sit there and then realise that it's been 30mins and god knows what just happened.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Oh shut the fuck up you spack cunt.

  19. #79
    1. No sense of loyalty, in my experience. I can't stand cheaters and relationship hoppers.

    2. When they think they can't initiate, and expect me to do all the work getting things started, and blame me if I don't.

    3. Asking questions they already know the answer to or have a trap answer, that can't possibly end well.

    4. Wanting me to talk about my feelings when I'm already pissed off, as if it won't just make me more pissed off.

    5. The fact that, despite all the crap, I can't feel complete without one.

  20. #80
    These are not in any particular order, and I would use the term dislike over hate, because I get accused of misogyny enough in the run of a day as it is.

    1) The propensity for favoring innuendo and connotation over plain speech.
    2) Shopping as a form of entertainment.
    3) The propensity to place emphasis on process over content, tone over meaning, form over function, or feeling over fact.
    4) The propensity to cast blame before considering their responsibility in a given situation.
    5) The propensity to marginalize men as "simple", "boorish", "unrefined" whilst claiming the behavior above is sophisticated rather than infantile.

    I love my wife because she only exemplifies item 3 with any regularity.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •