Monitor GPU Temp in WoW

I used to use MSI Afterburner to monitor my GPU temp in games, but WoW doesn't seem to let me do that. I kind of like to check my temperature constantly and not having it in game makes for a hassle to keep alt-tabbing to check what its at.

Does anyone have any GPU monitoring tools that work in-game for WoW x64?

Most of the tools which use an OSD, similar to what you had with Afterburner, are all based on the same code and DLL's. Until a 64-bit version is made available or someone comes up with another solution, it's simply not possible to do that.
    Ex-coder, gamer - Stepped away from dev.
    Done/Planned: Leedsfest 2014, Mallory Knox (Nov 2014), Some surprises | Upcoming: Soundwave (Feb 2015)
    Awaiting UK/EU tour dates: Of Mice and Men, Jimmy Eat World, Architects (>Mar. 2015)
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    If NSA is building my profile from tonight's "browsing habits", they're in for a treat: women with three breasts, men with two penises, fake nipples...

I use AID64 and a CrystalFontz USB LCD screen.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

PlayClaw works with the 64 bit client as far as I remember.

GPU-Z > all tools including MSI AB crap.

http://tpucdn.com/gpuz/screen2.gif <- How it looks in the sensors tab

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/SysInfo/GPU-Z/ <- Download

It's also displaying the most information of a graphics card compared to AB/aida whatever and a logging tool to log temps/clocks/usage to a file.

Mechagnome
    Launch wow via "wow.exe", not "world of warcraft launcher".

This should make MSI afterburner show up.

CPU: I5 2500K @4.5ghz (1.285v), CPU cooler: Corsair H100 push/pull GPU: MSI R7970 Lightning @1200Mhz, Case: Corsair 650D, Ram: 16GB Corsair vengeance, Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, PSU: Corsair TX650M, SSD: Samsung 830 128GB, HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB SPU: Xonar Essence STX

Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post

[.IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Y3861l.jpg[/IMG]
    You are running x86 mode, he wants to run in 64bit.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Field Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post

You're using 32 bit (x86). We know it works with this. He wants something to work with 64.

OP - I just reverted to 32. I personally dont see much performance difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    GPU-Z > all tools including MSI AB crap.

http://tpucdn.com/gpuz/screen2.gif <- How it looks in the sensors tab

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/SysInfo/GPU-Z/ <- Download

It's also displaying the most information of a graphics card compared to AB/aida whatever and a logging tool to log temps/clocks/usage to a file.
    Having a tool monitor it in the background is no real challenge. Even my own VTemp can do that (as do other tools such as Precision or Afterburner, most of which are based off of the Rivatuner core). Creating a basic OSD isn't difficult either, but it'll be a case of either halving your performance if you want a transparent/translucent background, or dealing with a solid colored window/area with the text on top. The other option is known as "direct text overlay", where the text is written directly to the output of anything displayed on the monitor. However, it only lasts until that part of the screen changes, at which point it's wiped out.

When it comes to a game, even refreshing to output the text every 1ms leads to the text flickering a lot or becoming invisible at times (since the scene in a game will be changing almost constantly). I suppose if you refreshed it in the sub-ms frequency, it might be possible to create something a little better, but i've no doubt that due to the issues with it as it is, it's just never been looked into by many people. I mean, i tried to make an OSD using this method in VTemp 1.0, but as expected, the text flickered a lot and often disappeared completely because the framerate was so high. Of equal note would be that if you send text again, it'll simply write over the top, so eventually, if you're sat at a blank desktop for example, you'll have letters stacked on top of each other making it unreadable.

Having a proper OSD in 64-bit applications that isn't buggy and doesn't screw up your performance is an entirely different challenge because it comes down to injecting into either the memory of the application or into the renderer at D3D level. Unwinder, the guy behind rivatuner, said that with there being a distinct lack of 64-bit games out there, it's not worth the time to put together a 64-bit version. Thus, all the programs that run using his core can't yet display an OSD in 64-bit applications.

I've looked for a way to build an OSD myself, but to date i've not found a single useful resource. I found a few examples of the methods mentioned above, but none regarding a proper method.
    Ex-coder, gamer - Stepped away from dev.
    Done/Planned: Leedsfest 2014, Mallory Knox (Nov 2014), Some surprises | Upcoming: Soundwave (Feb 2015)
    Awaiting UK/EU tour dates: Of Mice and Men, Jimmy Eat World, Architects (>Mar. 2015)
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    If NSA is building my profile from tonight's "browsing habits", they're in for a treat: women with three breasts, men with two penises, fake nipples...

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Flustered View Post
    OP - I just reverted to 32. I personally dont see much performance difference.
    Just so you know, the performance difference shows in 25man raids.
    Warrax, Worgen Fury Warrior

2500k/2600k @ 4.5ghz / ASUS P8Z77-V PRO / 16GB G.Skill RAM 1866 / GTX 670 Windforce / Samsung 840 SSD

I'm sorry for reviving this topic, but is there atm a program that monitors the videocard temperature in wow 64 bits and shows the information on the screen?
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

Evga precision x or MSI Afterburner. Howto: http://i.imgur.com/LdiIevD.png

Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Evga precision x or MSI Afterburner. Howto: http://i.imgur.com/LdiIevD.png
    Tested both, they are working in all games here but not in WOW 64 bit
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!