Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
... LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Non sequitur argument is non sequitur. Anger toward children because coworkers can't shutup about their own children makes no sense. Just like anger/dislike/hate toward children in general because of the actions (or inaction) of their parents.

    There are lots of socially unacceptable things that would get shut down on this forum before the first page was filled. So certain things are socially unacceptable, but ok on this forum, while others are not? Double standard still stands.
    That's because the working place is ruled by other standards than an internetforum, and I think you need to read the OP (he asked "why do so many ppl on (this) forum(s) hate children?", I didn't claim I hated kids because of coworkers, I said, if one hates kids, an internetforum might be the place to be to express themselves.

  2. #162
    I am Murloc! Garnier Fructis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Location:
    Posts
    5,306
    Because that kid at the supermarket who keeps bumping into you or moving in front of your cart is very annoying.
    Last edited by Garnier Fructis; 2013-01-11 at 11:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
    Is physics forever relegated to reiterating integrals that can never approach the derivative limits of true reality?
    Quote Originally Posted by auBerg View Post
    You are a certified crackpot that is subservient to the manipulators of science who are dreaming to control knowledge.

  3. #163
    I grew up in a cold world without love and protection, that's why I hate kids and christmas. On the other hand, I do have that gloomy aura that gets me chicks. Ain't life grand?

  4. #164
    Why, Why, Why, Why, Why?

    Seriously. I don't mind answering questions for a curious kid. But if the kid starts talking back about the same topic that he/she has absolutely no knowledge of I want to back hand them. Telling me I am wrong about a topic he/she knows nothing about is infuriating.

  5. #165
    Pit Lord Tzalix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,467
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    People, have you ever heard of patience?

    Kids require patience, often times they are misunderstood and often times there is something wrong.

    Can't believe all the stories here are all real about children screaming their lungs out, at least 20% has to be made up to be able to justify hate.
    I have heard of it. I have none of it.
    The world is full of evil and lies and pain and death, and you can't hide from it... You can only face it. The question is, when you do, how do you respond? Who do you become?

  6. #166
    Legendary! Quetzl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Mass, US
    Posts
    6,872
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Why, Why, Why, Why, Why?

    Seriously. I don't mind answering questions for a curious kid. But if the kid starts talking back about the same topic that he/she has absolutely no knowledge of I want to back hand them. Telling me I am wrong about a topic he/she knows nothing about is infuriating.
    adults do that too lol, probably even more

  7. #167
    High Overlord Daskapital's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    You were a kid too you know.
    Yeah, but then I got better.


    All joking aside, kids are fine. I like them and am a guy who teaches as well. That said, there's a time and place for them. I tend to be quite vulgar when im hanging around with my friends and I like not having to censor myself because children who don't get my sense of humour would take what I say literally. So I avoid them in my spare time and generally don't want to play around them in a video game.

  8. #168
    I am Murloc! Garnier Fructis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Location:
    Posts
    5,306
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    I grew up in a cold world without love and protection, that's why I hate kids and christmas. On the other hand, I do have that gloomy aura that gets me chicks. Ain't life grand?
    Are you the grinch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
    Is physics forever relegated to reiterating integrals that can never approach the derivative limits of true reality?
    Quote Originally Posted by auBerg View Post
    You are a certified crackpot that is subservient to the manipulators of science who are dreaming to control knowledge.

  9. #169
    Epic! 3DTyrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Aether
    Posts
    1,678
    I dont "hate" kids, but depending how they are brought up, I dislike them, alot of them are litle shit, that praticly get on my nerves, do take note, I said "alot" not "all". Doubt I'll ever have kids myself, I just cant stand them. Ofc, everyone likes/dislikes different things to the next person, so for example, I dont like kids, where as my brother may like kids.
    This is my Sig, there are many like it, but this one is mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    They were born in the future to alter the past and we killed them recently. Now I've got a headache...

  10. #170
    Envy of youth is an easy one. The fact every new generation gets harder to understand and relate to being another. Neither of those are going away.

  11. #171
    The Insane Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    17,223
    Hate is a very strong word. I dislike them immensely for the same reason I dislike idiots; I do not have the patience necessary to deal with people who cannot be reasoned with.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

    There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

  12. #172
    they are animals till they have a "Sense of self" then they are just bastards till they outgrow it

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Lack of public berating doesn't imply social acceptability.

    I've definitely seen the type of creeps that think they were within their right to tell a parent when their child is being annoying in a public space. Its usually some half-wit who approaches a mother doing the best she can to get through the grocery store in a timely manner and trying to control her kid while making sure she isn't missing half the stuff she came in to get. Might be news to you, but I'm willing to bet that parent is already well aware of how annoying their child can be and you aren't helping the situation at all by creating confrontation for them. Yeah, there are definitely inconsiderate people that breed and that's how you end up with loud kids at a rated R movie at 10:30pm, but that's an exception and not a rule.

    You know when people NEVER tell a parent their child is being annoying; even if its to a degree that even the most patience-minded person is losing it? When that annoying child is with a big, scary looking father. It never happens. Makes me think the 'annoyed' crowd's belief in social justice is nothing more than cowardice in practice.
    Creeps really? fuck me. Why should my life and the life of others be severely disturbed by an out of control brat. I am sorry but if you cannot control your kid, stay the fuck out of public places with the brat. If you take your annoying loud child on public transport, to the shops you deserve all the shit you get and really need to be removed from the store or bus/train etc.. cause all you are is an inconsiderate asshole annoying everyone in you proximity. I have no time of the day for parents that cannot control their children.

    Parenting is a choice and all the children shitty problems is put on the parents, if they cannot control their children they shouldn't be taking them into public places until they can.

  14. #174
    Stood in the Fire Zarintha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom.
    Posts
    398
    I just hate them 'cause they annoy the fuck out of me. They're clingy, noisy, messy, expensive etc... When I was younger I used to love kids, they always made me laugh. I think after the arrival of my little brother and sister I just lost all positive emotions for kids in general because my siblings are little annoying twats

  15. #175
    Legendary! Reg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    6,758
    Kind of surprised I haven't been called a bad influence on children yet... lol

  16. #176
    Kids are just super self-absorbed. I live by a couple of them. They're like 5 or 6 or I don't even know. They walk up to me and out of nowhere just start talking. Most of the time it's to show me new toy or something they got. All you can really say is "wow, that's neat!" If you try to go beyond that...ask a question like "where did you get that?" or something you will be completely ignored, they will just keep talking as if you said nothing. You cannot have a real conversation with a kid. Also they're brothers and they fight constantly so I have to hear their screaming all the time.

    Basically I know when I have my own kid I will love them, but other people's kids? I don't particularly care for them, but that's okay because it's not like I'm going to be a school teacher or anything. If you're going to do that you had better like whatever age group you plan on teaching.
    Last edited by Lemons; 2013-01-12 at 01:11 AM.

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    Creeps really? fuck me. Why should my life and the life of others be severely disturbed by an out of control brat. I am sorry but if you cannot control your kid, stay the fuck out of public places with the brat. If you take your annoying loud child on public transport, to the shops you deserve all the shit you get and really need to be removed from the store or bus/train etc.. cause all you are is an inconsiderate asshole annoying everyone in you proximity. I have no time of the day for parents that cannot control their children.

    Parenting is a choice and all the children shitty problems is put on the parents, if they cannot control their children they shouldn't be taking them into public places until they can.
    Thing is, it's a PUBLIC place. Your argument is just as easily reversed to "stay home if you can't handle the public", because those awful kids fall into the public category.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    I mean, I see people on these forums talking about kids and babys like they are sent from Hell to make their lives miserable.


    I am a teacher in training and honestly wtf is wrong with people saying such bad stuff about children. :O

    You were a kid too you know.

    Of course they can be annoying be they can also be endearing and nice + polite.

    Often times I am stunned by what they score on certain tests which I have to check.


    And I am a man by the way, so no stereotypical woman who is crazy about kids.
    Between the ages of 3 and 7 I love kids.

    Before that they're extremely loud, demanding and smelly sacks of meat.

    After that they're insufferable.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 01:40 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Why, Why, Why, Why, Why?

    Seriously. I don't mind answering questions for a curious kid. But if the kid starts talking back about the same topic that he/she has absolutely no knowledge of I want to back hand them. Telling me I am wrong about a topic he/she knows nothing about is infuriating.
    When kids have those questions I simply answer them truthfully. Then when they inevitably get to a point where I don't know the answer, I pull up a picture of scientists and say "I don't know, but they're working to find out". That has never failed me even once with a single nephew or niece and I have 7 of them ages 2 to 19.

  19. #179
    High Overlord Meralus II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Gotham City.
    Posts
    111
    I just can't stand them. I see my baby cousins get treated like celebrities when the family gets together. Everyone wants to hold them, see them, talk to them in that idiotic baby talk and drool over them like they are the most important thing. Like honestly what's so great about babies?

    Kids, I can't stand on the same level. I wouldn't say I hate them. Just can't stand anything. Teenagers top the lot though, nothing worse then today's generation. However not ALL are bad. Just a majority.

    I will say, I'm 100% certain I will never have kids. I don't want them, nor can I.

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigtrious View Post
    I just can't stand them. I see my baby cousins get treated like celebrities when the family gets together. Everyone wants to hold them, see them, talk to them in that idiotic baby talk and drool over them like they are the most important thing. Like honestly what's so great about babies?

    Kids, I can't stand on the same level. I wouldn't say I hate them. Just can't stand anything. Teenagers top the lot though, nothing worse then today's generation. However not ALL are bad. Just a majority.

    I will say, I'm 100% certain I will never have kids. I don't want them, nor can I.
    I just treat them like normal people. Kids seem to have an ability to tell when they're being patronized and they like when someone talks to them as equals.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •