Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
8
16
17
18
19
LastLast
  1. #341
    Elemental Lord Xanjori's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweland
    Posts
    8,467
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    I scan posts very fast. It helps that when people write long posts they're usually just full of crap.
    Honestly I look at the poster and then skip everything they've said. If its someone that I think might be worth reading I'll read it properly.

  2. #342
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    I scan posts very fast. It helps that when people write long posts they're usually just full of crap.
    I just cannot do it. Anything I don't place significance on is just very hard for me to pay attention to

  3. #343
    Children are snotty, annoying and have a chilling blank stare. I cant stand them.

  4. #344
    Many children are obnoxious. One of my coworkers due to some sort of family issue has to have her 6 (?) year old grandson join us at work for the last hour of a shift 2 days a week and the kid is a little terror. He runs around yelling and kicking people in the shins, constantly. Unfortunately there are laws against me cutting him. =(

  5. #345
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Honestly I look at the poster and then skip everything they've said. If its someone that I think might be worth reading I'll read it properly.
    I do the same. At this point, I have a reasonable idea of who's making an actual point and who's just exercising in self congratulatory intellectual masturbation.

  6. #346
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I just cannot do it. Anything I don't place significance on is just very hard for me to pay attention to
    The flip side of ADD is that you actually focus on stupid stuff faaaaar too much

    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Honestly I look at the poster and then skip everything they've said. If its someone that I think might be worth reading I'll read it properly.
    I have a tendency to prejudge posts like that too, but I usually still look at the first sentence. Like right now on the other thread, I saw Quetzel open with a nonsensical "realisation" that laws are generalisations, and decided that he might as well go on my ignore list now.

    Occasionally people say good stuff or provide good links that can surprise you so I don't want to miss out completely.

  7. #347
    Elemental Lord Xanjori's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweland
    Posts
    8,467
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Occasionally people say good stuff or provide good links that can surprise you so I don't want to miss out completely.
    True, Ive forced myself to pay attention to others because I did miss a few reasonable people, I find myself very biased when it comes to ignoring new posters too :/ Sorry little guys!

  8. #348
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    exercising in self congratulatory intellectual masturbation.
    D: How often do I do that?

  9. #349
    Elemental Lord Xanjori's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweland
    Posts
    8,467
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    D: How often do I do that?
    Sometimes you do :P Not too often, but just sometimes.

  10. #350
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    The flip side of ADD is that you actually focus on stupid stuff faaaaar too much
    To me it means just retaining a fuckload of trivial information that makes me a decent Jeopardy player but otherwise serves no use.

  11. #351
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    D: How often do I do that?
    Less than me...

  12. #352
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Less than me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Sometimes you do :P Not too often, but just sometimes.
    Well... that exercise is good for our health, right

  13. #353
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Well... that exercise is good for our health, right
    Yeah, aerobic exercise.

  14. #354
    Elemental Lord Xanjori's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweland
    Posts
    8,467
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Well... that exercise is good for our health, right
    It can be, just remember to keep it on a level most of the time

  15. #355
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Well... that exercise is good for our health, right
    It prevents mental prostate cancer! Well, for me anyway.

  16. #356
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    It can be, just remember to keep it on a level most of the time
    You mean like a level of three times a day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    It prevents mental prostate cancer! Well, for me anyway.
    Hahaha, oh god

  17. #357
    Elemental Lord Xanjori's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweland
    Posts
    8,467
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    You mean like a level of three times a day?
    If you wanna do it 3 times a day then you need to spend more time in the chat thread being ridiculous to make up for it!

  18. #358
    I like well behaved kids. I hate little brats with no manners. Which means I hate you, the parent, who is too fucking stupid to raise a well behaved kid. I hate you more than the annoying kid cause you're making me hate a kid. What the hell is wrong with you?

  19. #359
    Uneducated hyper kids are one of the most annoying things ever. You can't tell them stfu or the parents will call the cops or whateveer and you look like a douche. 2 kids on the bus the other day kept running up and down hitting everyone in their path and the mom just ignored them. I know it's probably the moms fault those 2 kids were still annoying as hell.

  20. #360
    Herald of the Titans Twoddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,903
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    I scan posts very fast. It helps that when people write long posts they're usually just full of crap.
    Especially the ones with "that said..." in the middle.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •