Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I just cannot do it. Anything I don't place significance on is just very hard for me to pay attention to
    The flip side of ADD is that you actually focus on stupid stuff faaaaar too much

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Honestly I look at the poster and then skip everything they've said. If its someone that I think might be worth reading I'll read it properly.
    I have a tendency to prejudge posts like that too, but I usually still look at the first sentence. Like right now on the other thread, I saw Quetzel open with a nonsensical "realisation" that laws are generalisations, and decided that he might as well go on my ignore list now.

Occasionally people say good stuff or provide good links that can surprise you so I don't want to miss out completely.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Occasionally people say good stuff or provide good links that can surprise you so I don't want to miss out completely.
    True, Ive forced myself to pay attention to others because I did miss a few reasonable people, I find myself very biased when it comes to ignoring new posters too :/ Sorry little guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    exercising in self congratulatory intellectual masturbation.
    D: How often do I do that?

Sometimes you do :P Not too often, but just sometimes.

The flip side of ADD is that you actually focus on stupid stuff faaaaar too much
    To me it means just retaining a fuckload of trivial information that makes me a decent Jeopardy player but otherwise serves no use.

Less than me...

Less than me...
    Sometimes you do :P Not too often, but just sometimes.
    Well... that exercise is good for our health, right

Yeah, aerobic exercise.

It can be, just remember to keep it on a level most of the time

It prevents mental prostate cancer! Well, for me anyway.

It can be, just remember to keep it on a level most of the time
    You mean like a level of three times a day?

It prevents mental prostate cancer! Well, for me anyway.
    Hahaha, oh god

You mean like a level of three times a day?
    If you wanna do it 3 times a day then you need to spend more time in the chat thread being ridiculous to make up for it!

I like well behaved kids. I hate little brats with no manners. Which means I hate you, the parent, who is too fucking stupid to raise a well behaved kid. I hate you more than the annoying kid cause you're making me hate a kid. What the hell is wrong with you?

Uneducated hyper kids are one of the most annoying things ever. You can't tell them stfu or the parents will call the cops or whateveer and you look like a douche. 2 kids on the bus the other day kept running up and down hitting everyone in their path and the mom just ignored them. I know it's probably the moms fault those 2 kids were still annoying as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I scan posts very fast. It helps that when people write long posts they're usually just full of crap.
    Especially the ones with "that said..." in the middle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Some parents just get frustrated that other adults can live fulfilling lives without having 2-3 sleepless years followed by 15 years of handling a vulnerable 24/7 chore
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    'I don't dislike children, I just don't particularly want to be around them that much. The problem is: neither do their parents.' - Bill Maher

And I absolutely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Some parents just get frustrated that other adults can live fulfilling lives without having 2-3 sleepless years followed by 15 years of handling a vulnerable 24/7 chore
    Also some parents don't like the gender of the child they got =/

Wait weren't this thread talking about people not liking other people's kids?

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Especially the ones with "that said..." in the middle.
    If you are going to, for example, spew hateful crap against homosexuals, ending with "that said I don't support killing them" is not going to change my opinion on the garbage I just read.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    I mean, I see people on these forums talking about kids and babys like they are sent from Hell to make their lives miserable.

I am a teacher in training and honestly wtf is wrong with people saying such bad stuff about children. :O

You were a kid too you know.

Of course they can be annoying be they can also be endearing and nice + polite.

Often times I am stunned by what they score on certain tests which I have to check.

And I am a man by the way, so no stereotypical woman who is crazy about kids.

Kids I dont mind, well anymore than any other barely senitent annoying animal. But I mind parents who seam to want none of the responsibility and act like everyone should make allowance for their kids. You may find it cute that the little darlings are throwing things, screaming and generally pissing everyone else off in a 50m radius of them, but no one else does. I expect parents to control children, just as I expect owners to control dogs in public. If you cant, dont take the kid out. I really hate screaming kids on planes or trains....seriously, if the kid cant keep quiet dont take it into a confined metal tubs in close proximity to a load of tired and tetchy people. esp planes, where the kid probbaly cant cope with changes in air pressure very well.

AS for older kids....depends. Some are fine, some are pillocks, like anyone else really, take as you find.

Deleted
    Depends on the kid really. Some are horribly annoying and misbehaved, others are sweet and kind. It's the same thing with people of all ages, really.