Thread: LFR Tier Gear

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well lets see, my monk that's my main has 4/4 healer tier, 2/4 DPS tier and 2/4 tank tier, so I guess I'm somewhat lucky. Except when it comes to weapons.... Damn you slippery Sha-touched weapons!

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Chance of getting no loot (that is, gold) from a single boss: 84%.
    Chance of getting loot without a coin from a single boss: 16%.
    Chance of getting loot, with the use of one coin, from a single boss: 29.44%*.
    Hence, once coin increases the chance of getting loot from a boss by 84%**.

For one specific item, you're going to have to divide the chance for loot, by the amount of items that you're eligible to loot from that boss (including tier).

*0.16+((0.84)(0.16)).
    **2944/1600.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 06:10 PM ----------

LFR has had the same drop rate since 4.3, which is 16% (4 out of 25).

This will change in 5.2 (but we don't know how yet).
    Did you know that 90% of all percentages online are made up?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    That's just such an odd comment. Because you can't see something drop for other people, the system is complete shit ? As I've stated, I love the new system.

LFR is no different than normal and heroics. If a system is crap because you don't get to see what dropped versus getting to see that something else dropped that you can't use, Then we have fairly different definitions of what shitty means. I think you're feeding into some hidden fear that Blizzard isn't giving anyone anything or that the game\loot system broken and so no one is getting anything.

Obviously personal preference, But I hate the game and nerd rage far more when the guy who was trolling the run the whole time wins the item I wanted. I still hate the thought of a troll winning anythig, but at least he didn't take anything from me and others who were actually trying.
    think carefully about what you just said. people clearly want to see the loot that drops.. even if its not for them or not given to them. this dates back to gunship. when people wouldnt stop clicking the chest cause they wanted to see the loot. The old cata system was so much better.. sure there were some problems like people ninjaing items but. if u had friends (i hope) or guildies. u could tip the odds in your favor as well. the problem is no matter how good or terrible you are, rng loot is rng.

eventually blizz realized this and decided to raise the drop rates for 5.2..... they can admit themselves that you might not get usable loot for 7 or 8 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    eventually blizz realized this and decided to raise the drop rates for 5.2..... they can admit themselves that you might not get usable loot for 7 or 8 weeks.
    They're raising the drop rates of the T14 LFR raids in 5.2. The drop rates of the T15 LFR will be the same as now.

It's a catchup mechanic.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    12 ToES runs, all with coins on Tsulong (and sometimes one or two extra runs for the coin) without getting a weapon.

/rant

need more threads about rng.

I just lost my faith in the reliability of LFR loot few moments ago. Did LFR for valors because I were getting a tad bored of heroics for the night, on ambershaper this thing dropped (and I'm an rogue):

I don't mind, it's quite unique transmog dagger for future purposes as it's not supposed to be dropping for rogues obviously.
    Last edited by Jiigeri; 2013-01-16 at 10:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been running lfr for the past 4 weeks on my druid and have not seen one drop. Just bag of coins every time. It is pretty ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiigeri View Post
    I just lost my faith in the reliability of LFR loot few moments ago. Did LFR for valors because I were getting a tad bored of heroics for the night, on ambershaper this thing dropped (and I'm an rogue):
    Weapon Damage is more important than Agility for Rogues, so that is a potential upgrade (as caster weapons now have proper weapon DPS on them due to Druids).

However, the unwashed masses may not look too kindly on a Rogue with a caster weapon (as I have been in that exact position).
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Weapon Damage is more important than Agility for Rogues, so that is a potential upgrade (as caster weapons now have proper weapon DPS on them due to Druids).

However, the unwashed masses may not look too kindly on a Rogue with a caster weapon (as I have been in that exact position).
    My point was that that thing just dropped for my rogue, even it shouldn't. It's not even appearing on dungeon journal for rogues. I don't need loot from LFR, I were just killing time & gaining the last valor points for my weekly cap.

Even though I were in full greens, this dagger would NOT be an upgrade for me. My Golad actually would still beat the shit out of this one (or would be a very close call anyway). Not to speak of basically any +lvl87 req green dagger out there.

edit: Golad indeed would be way better than this dagger because of golad granting agility and having higher base damage.
    Last edited by Jiigeri; 2013-01-16 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    The old cata system was so much better.. sure there were some problems like people ninjaing items but. if u had friends (i hope) or guildies. u could tip the odds in your favor as well.
    Actually that's just what made it bad , cause everyone was doing that ,even regardless of actually needing it ( Transmorg and Purple crystals say Hi )

Nothing wrong with the LFR system. On my rogue, I'm in full almost LFR gear from with HoF and ToES weapons and trinks but my blue 450 helm still is epic lol

I run LFR on 4/5 of my 90s, some weeks i get nothing on all of them and some weeks i get multiple double loots per toon. Add in Sha and and you can be very happy. Getting 3 pieces on one run is cool until you already have them.. so its not a problem of I cant get anything its the anticipation thats killing you and the disappointment you cannot handle.

If your just an LFR raider you will want more than one 90 or you will get very frustrated. I don't do dailys either so i will have the blue spots until i get lucky. Prob take months but that should be intended.
    Last edited by kennyisnotdead; 2013-01-17 at 05:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsredd View Post
    12 ToES runs, all with coins on Tsulong (and sometimes one or two extra runs for the coin) without getting a weapon.

/rant
    Same here as a hunter with Lei Shi. It's so annoying that she has 4 hunter items - not only hoping for loot, but the right one. Which ofc means that I've got all three other items, the trinket two times.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyisnotdead View Post
    Nothing wrong with the LFR system. On my rogue, I'm in full almost LFR gear from with HoF and ToES weapons and trinks but my blue 450 helm still is epic lol

I run LFR on 4/5 of my 90s, some weeks i get nothing on all of them and some weeks i get multiple double loots per toon. Add in Sha and and you can be very happy. Getting 3 pieces on one run is cool until you already have them.. so its not a problem of I cant get anything its the anticipation thats killing you and the disappointment you cannot handle.

If your just an LFR raider you will want more than one 90 or you will get very frustrated. I don't do dailys either so i will have the blue spots until i get lucky. Prob take months but that should be intended.
    I've been running three 90s through LFR. The most advanced is my rogue, who has 2pc LFR tier and is dual wielding claws (only one of which can have the +500 agi gem, of course.) All three characters have gotten their sha-touched weapons, but only the rogue has gotten the gem. All three are above ilvl 480 and so are ready to enter T15 LFR. There are a few (upgraded) blue items left to be replaced.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    LFR has just really assonite drop rate, people say it's 15% on average but RNG is RNG and for my main character it's more like 5%, sometimes even less. Take ToES LFR for example, I cleared it 8 or 9 times (lost count at this point) and NEVER got a SINGLE item off normal roll, one time I won shoulders FROM COIN and that's it. Two months long gold marathon.

Pisses me off, because I have 498 average item level and still blue weapon. I'm missing 660 welfare agility from quest rewards and weapon DPS increase itself. I'd understand this for some off-set pair of gloves or trinket but WEAPON? Horrible RNG is horrible, but I can't do anything about it, just waste more time in this cesspool, as well as doing normal/heroic kills hoping to see first epic ranged weapon drop in this tier.
    You should probably look up how statistics work. A 15% drop rate doesn't actually mean you'll get a piece for every 6.66 rolls. You could get a drop two times in a row or you could not get a drop for a long time but overall your drop rate will still be 15%.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigeri View Post
    My point was that that thing just dropped for my rogue, even it shouldn't. It's not even appearing on dungeon journal for rogues.
    I wonder if they have those drop very rarely (outside the normal loot roll chances) just for transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    LFR has just really assonite drop rate, people say it's 15% on average but RNG is RNG and for my main character it's more like 5%, sometimes even less. Take ToES LFR for example, I cleared it 8 or 9 times (lost count at this point) and NEVER got a SINGLE item off normal roll, one time I won shoulders FROM COIN and that's it. Two months long gold marathon.

Pisses me off, because I have 498 average item level and still blue weapon. I'm missing 660 welfare agility from quest rewards and weapon DPS increase itself. I'd understand this for some off-set pair of gloves or trinket but WEAPON? Horrible RNG is horrible, but I can't do anything about it, just waste more time in this cesspool, as well as doing normal/heroic kills hoping to see first epic ranged weapon drop in this tier.
    The weapon situation for people who run LFR and don't do any organized raiding is pretty terrible.

My priest has a 476 crafted fan and a (LOL) 463 mace from a scenario bag. I missed maybe 4-5 weeks of LFR due to working for a living but, still, that gives you an idea how much it can suck.

I might actually go ahead and have my scribes make a staff or two, given that it seems like there's no gold in DMC trinkets now. Of course my sha-touched weapon would drop immediately after that.

The drop rate in LFR does seem less overall than it was before, because people WOULD pass on gear they didn't need. Not everyone, obviously, but SOME people would pass on gear. It's pretty demoralizing to do 5 wings of LFR and get only one and a half dozen bags of gold and a few hundred VP for the effort, then have to wait another week to try again.

Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    The weapon situation for people who run LFR and don't do any organized raiding is pretty terrible.
    That's why on the three characters I'm doing LFR with, sha-touched weapons have dropped twice for each of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    That's why on the three characters I'm doing LFR with, sha-touched weapons have dropped twice for each of them.
    RNG, it's great, huh?

The thing is that there's just no way to grind a weapon out now, in lieu of getting one from a drop.

In Cata, the honor weapons (previous tier PvP) were a way to get a decent weapon that didn't involve spending a gob of gold. In Wrath, you could get decent weapons from 5-mans.

But if your guild has like 2 people online at any given time, you're pretty much stuck with whatever LFR gives you, whenever it gives it to you, these days.
    Last edited by HardCoder; 2013-01-18 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    The thing is that there's just no way to grind a weapon out now, in lieu of getting one from a drop.
    You can spend your elder charms to have four chances per week at the weapon.