Thread: LFR Tier Gear

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I have two characters on which I have 2 LFR tier pieces each. The elder charms, used strategically, are very useful (also for getting sha-touched weapons).

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 09:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    That is 16%.
    85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100.

EDIT: I'm incredibly sure they've said that the overall chance hasn't changed, but I can't be bothered to find a blue post on it.
    "> 85" doesn't include 85 itself. So, 15%.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

dont use coins in lfr unless it is literally the only thing you do.
    do what you feel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    "> 85" doesn't include 85 itself. So, 15%.
    Blue post says it hasn't changed, so, 16%.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Blue post says it hasn't changed, so, 16%.
    Did blues ever say it was 16%?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

It would definitely help because that's how I got my pieces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Did blues ever say it was 16%?
    The blues have said it hasn't changed, and it was 4/25 before.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Furzb View Post
    I was amused when i got my 3rd alt to 470ilvl, got like 4-5 loots on the first reset. My shammy cant have no more loot from LFR, got my last tier part today. And yes, most of the loot is acquired by the coins.

But, my main, restodruid, is a whole other story then... I have 6 loots from lfr. 2 483, the rest are 476. Rest of my gear is 463. My main character. I feel so sad :/
    I know that lfr is only for the casuals to see end-game and not for the loot, but the randomness of the whole system really makes me shake my head, how can you be so lucky with other chars, get all the loot you need, and then 0 drops for another char. Mmh, dunno.

I wish you good luck with hunting the tier parts!
    Ive had about the same thing happen to me. The last alt I leveled has won about 6 items in LFR in the 2 weeks Ive ran it(using no coins) and my main has won about the same since LFR was released. My main also usually gets gear inferior to what she already has like rings and necks when I already have valor and quest 489s. I ran TOES like 17 times and used a coin on each Lei Shi kill to get a weapon and finally got it after that many tries. With about 20 something rolls on gear on that boss I have 2 items which is below 15%. My mage alt won her Sha Touched weapon from Lei Shi on the 2nd kill and my pally won hers on the 2nd kill of empress, both without coins.

pick a piece you want, run that boss 3 times a week. first time you get a regular roll and coin roll. second time coin roll. third time coin roll. rinse repeat every week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Ive had about the same thing happen to me. The last alt I leveled has won about 6 items in LFR in the 2 weeks Ive ran it(using no coins) and my main has won about the same since LFR was released. My main also usually gets gear inferior to what she already has like rings and necks when I already have valor and quest 489s. I ran TOES like 17 times and used a coin on each Lei Shi kill to get a weapon and finally got it after that many tries. With about 20 something rolls on gear on that boss I have 2 items which is below 15%. My mage alt won her Sha Touched weapon from Lei Shi on the 2nd kill and my pally won hers on the 2nd kill of empress, both without coins.
    lol. Yeah, it kinda sucks when you win a 483 item with a coin when you already have a 489 or 496. Or winning a staff when you have a 1h+off 483 equipped.
    But im really happy no more LFR for me atleast on one character (only 3 chars left to gear up..)

3 coins used 3 bags of gold.. im 3/3 for this week on my lock.. on my pally 1/3 coins netted a piece of gear.. i guess thats slightly better.

lfr drop rates are complete shit. i miss the old system atleast u could see the gear even if it was needed on by other people.

Just to make you upset OP, I ran the 2nd part of HoF LFR today for valor and got a token off each boss and only needed one of them to finish the 4set. Didn't use any coins either. RNG is RNG

I have nearly 2 full sets completed but have been raiding them weekly since release never got token from a charm roll just more gold, RNG can be a cruel thing or a blessing.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Using elder charms in LFR is extremely counterproductive as most LFR pieces are a downgrade this far into the expac for anyone who has been actively raiding. IMO at least for the prot paladin tier bonus the drop in stats from the reduced ilvl items is not made up for by the crappy at best tier bonus.

Save your tokens for the raid bosses.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Using elder charms in LFR is extremely counterproductive as most LFR pieces are a downgrade this far into the expac for anyone who has been actively raiding.
    I see this a lot, but isn't this just blatantly obvious? I have a hard time believing anybody who is doing normal/heroic modes wouldn't already realize this, but people still suggest it like there's somebody out there clearing normal modes and using coins on LFR bosses. It's madness! =p

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Using elder charms in LFR is extremely counterproductive as most LFR pieces are a downgrade this far into the expac for anyone who has been actively raiding.
    Well, most people aren't "actively raiding", if that's taken to mean normal or heroic mode raids. The actual participation in normal and above mode raids appears to be lower than T11 even.

I think most people who are raiding are just doing LFR. For those, of course using the elder charms in LFR is a fine idea. They probably want to focus on getting their sha-touched weapons first, since valor gear has slightly higher ilvl than the LFR tier pieces (although the set bonuses may outweigh that.)

Deleted
    I'm still trying to get my sha touched weapon off Tsulong for my monk. I have the +500 agi gem atm, and can't help but feel I will probably wait another 6 weeks and cap my valor before I see that damn staff lol.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't seem to go too long on any character without getting something, with or without coin rolls.

My druid was very fortunate in his first two resets after getting the ilvl for HoF. He got the tier chest from HoF and then the tier head, shoulders and offset legs all dropped from one Terrace run.

I don't tend to use coins that much as I can't be bothered to run 225 dailies a week (5 characters x 45 dailies).

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    lfr drop rates are complete shit. i miss the old system atleast u could see the gear even if it was needed on by other people.
    That's just such an odd comment. Because you can't see something drop for other people, the system is complete shit ? As I've stated, I love the new system.

LFR is no different than normal and heroics. If a system is crap because you don't get to see what dropped versus getting to see that something else dropped that you can't use, Then we have fairly different definitions of what shitty means. I think you're feeding into some hidden fear that Blizzard isn't giving anyone anything or that the game\loot system broken and so no one is getting anything.

Obviously personal preference, But I hate the game and nerd rage far more when the guy who was trolling the run the whole time wins the item I wanted. I still hate the thought of a troll winning anythig, but at least he didn't take anything from me and others who were actually trying.

I swear blizzard checks to see if you do dailies and give you drops accordingly. (obviously im not being serious)
    My priest got everything he needed from RF (plus a second sha touched staff) in 2 weeks and I did dailies on him every day
    My warrior im now maining has not touched a daily and all i've got in 4 weeks was 2 tier chests
    fun stuff

Only 4 weeks? I've been gone TEN weeks with no sha wepaon or shoulders.
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit