Thread: Hurt Knee

Hurt Knee

So yesterday I was playing dodgeball in gym(dominated) and while I was making an epic dodge, I smashed my knee on the basketball floor. At the time I felt a sharp pain that lingered for about 10 minutes after hitting it. Now with it being over a day later, it still is red(I know it takes time to heal) and when even the slightest thing touches it, I feel a shock of pain. I also do not have any pain walking or when I move it. Does anyone have any suggestions for home remedies that will help it heal faster?

I'm really sorry but MMO-C really isn't a forum for this kind of thing. You should really see a Doctor.

But, since I am an unqualified Doctor, I'll try to help. What you want to do is put some ice on it and keep it iced up to reduce the (probable) swelling.

I really can't say anything else or you might decide it's fine while it may not be. Use your discretion if you think it'll get better and you don't need a Doctor; but if it doesn't then you should really go to a Doctor to get some X Rays and make sure it's really okay. (You should get those X Rays even if you think it's fine, if you can afford it.)

Edit: Oh, and next time post a picture if you can.
    Last edited by Blueobelisk; 2013-01-12 at 02:44 AM.

Well it didn't seem like a major issue so I thought I could just see if there were any home remedies to increase my recovery time. If it does seem to get worse, I would definitely go to a doctor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahine View Post
    When even the slightest thing touches it, I feel a shock of pain.
    That to me would constitute a major issue. Seriously, go see a doctor!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would hazard a guess that you just have a hell of a bruise. If it is swollen then keep it elevated and ice it every few hours for 5-15 minutes, keep a hand towel or something similar between your skin and the ice to avoid freezing your skin. If that doesn't help or it gets worse then you should probably see a doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Locking this. The best advice that can be given has been given.

See your doctor as soon as possible.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.