Wind Lord multi-shooting

I'm somehow noobing it up on windlord. My gm tells me that I multi-shoot the Cced adds while running from resin a few times. I'm not sure how this could be happening. I myself didn't see it happen. I'm not hitting multi shot when I'm facings cc target. He says in the video it shows that i did do it though

That honestly sounds like an issue with your raid not moving the non cc'd targets far enough away from the cc'd ones. If you wouldn't have knocked them out someone else would have.

Could you link the video? Maybe we can see what you did wrong, if anything?

[/COLOR]Gm said he would upload video for me don't have it yet
    Last edited by Gurvi; 2013-01-11 at 09:56 PM.

Barrage could do that.

Is he searching for a reason that CC's broke? Any stuns on the other mobs will break the CC'd targets. I've been guilty of forgetting that Frag Bomb stuns. If it's not your multi-shot, perhaps someone else is using a stun or similar CC during their dps rotation. If it's your multi-shot then it probably is best to ask for an adjustment to the strategy.

If your multi shot is close enough to the main adds to break the traps, it would break on your first MS.

Maybe he means glaive toss? I know I have to carefully plan where I run, or hold Glaive Toss, on H-Wind Lord, to make sure I don't run behind CCed mobs and then GT. Like someone also mentioned, barrage would do that.

I highly doubt this is happening. Multi shot will only hit the cced mobs if your guild is tanking the boss and adds too close to them, which they shouldn't be doing exactly for such a reason. Barrage on the other hand has a much higher chance of hitting the cced mobs since it's range is deceptively high.

If you use barrage, i will put 90% of the blame on that. it has a wider arc than Multishot as well as a further and unintended range to it despite the targets you attack. Multishot has a smaller cap to this range. Barrage can hit mobs about 10 yards further than you would think, as well as 10 yards wider in either direction.

Deleted
    Played Survival on Windlord multiple times and never broke CC. From my perspective either your MT is doing something wrong or your CCer's are failing.

I haven't seen the video yet , but I have a feeling I know what's happening. I hadn't realized until someone told me that I did not need to turn around to cc. So somehow when I turned around to cc, my multi shot went off? Still don't see why that would be happening. I've only played since September so maybe I don't know my class well enough. The main mob is being tanked near the outter edge, and the cc's are where they started it. So proximity to the fight is not an issue

CC'd Targets should be where they are when you start the encounter and boss+other adds should be near the door to Amber Shaper. You, as a Hunter, position yourself between these adds so your back is against CC'd targets and face is against boss. Barrage won't break CC this way for sure.

Also notable things:
    -If anyone in your raid is Engineer and uses Frag bombs, this breaks the CC since the Frag bombs do a small duration CC to the mobs they hit(thus going over the CC cap).
    -Priest's Halo is dangerous for this encounter, they have to stay far away so Halo AoE doesn't break CC'd targets.
    -Not sure, but are the adds able to be stunned? If so, WW monk ability "Fists of Fury" should not be used.

when we first started doing that fight on heroic something kept breaking CC... turns out that it was my crane pet during stampede. can't remember what ability it has off the top of my head but it was breaking the CC - just had to turn that ability off and it was fine (or glyph stampede)

Quote Originally Posted by Gurvi View Post
    I haven't seen the video yet , but I have a feeling I know what's happening. I hadn't realized until someone told me that I did not need to turn around to cc. So somehow when I turned around to cc, my multi shot went off? Still don't see why that would be happening. I've only played since September so maybe I don't know my class well enough. The main mob is being tanked near the outter edge, and the cc's are where they started it. So proximity to the fight is not an issue
    Your autoshot most likely does not turn off when you swap targets in combat. When you target the add you are CCing and turn to face it, you will autoshoot it. This will look like one of the multishot arrows, which may be what your GM is seeing in the video.

1.) Don't turn around to face the adds when re-CCing
    2.) Make sure your tanks are tanking the boss and the adds far enough from the CCed mobs

I really wish we could see this video. It's actually red-flagging me that your GM "won't" let you see it when he says it's proving that you're the one wiping the group. Seems suspicious.

Yeah I figured it had something to do with auto shot. Gm would be happy to let me see the video and watch it together. We just haven't been on at the same time. So basically if I Cc not facing my target I should no longer have this problem

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 04:56 PM ----------

How big of a noob am I for letting that happen? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gurvi View Post
    Yeah I figured it had something to do with auto shot. Gm would be happy to let me see the video and watch it together. We just haven't been on at the same time. So basically if I Cc not facing my target I should no longer have this problem

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 04:56 PM ----------

How big of a noob am I for letting that happen? Lol

Use this macro for the spears instead
    /target focus
    /click ExtraActionButton1
    /targetlasttarget

Avoids alot of dps breaking their own CCed targets.

Thanks looks good

If you are cc'ing an add, throw the 75 minutes to cast stunstick in the trash and just use your ice trap instead. It works a lot better, and you don't need any of this fancy macro shit to make it work, nor do you even need to target it. If your multi-shot is able to hit any CC'd adds from the core group of shit then either your tank or whoever is in charge of cc'ing other adds is quite horrible at their job, as they have no reason to ever budge from where you cc them at the start.

We actually just pull the pack clean over to the back of the room (by where you pick up the CC spears). That way the CCed mobs are literally behind you (you don't have to be facing them to do the spear CC). It pretty much eliminates the possibility of something getting cleaved and gives a little extra time to CC a mob if it gets loose.

Sure, you don't have to do it that way, but if you're wiping to broken CCs then there's no reason not to do it like that.

We have the adds tanked near the wall, with all dps/healers inbetween the cc'd and tanked.

That way, you face away from the cc'd targets. Also, dont start dpsing untill you are back to this position. Unless its single target dps.