Thread: Ipad

Ipad

Hey! I was thinking of getting myself a tablet, I find the apple's OS to be really simple compared to the windows 8 on surface (imo)

But im abit confused about what is the latest release? or is there any upcomming new ipads? googling didnt help much

10+ Year Old Account
    The latest is the "iPad with Retina Display". http://www.apple.com/ipad/compare/

I personally would avoid the iPad-mini as it is based mostly on the iPad 2.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    The latest is the "iPad with Retina Display". http://www.apple.com/ipad/compare/

I personally would avoid the iPad-mini as it is based mostly on the iPad 2.

So what ipad do you recommend? The ipad 2 seems pretty cheap in a local store. Beeing using the ipad touch for like years, would love just a "bigger" version of it where I can watch movies and brows net. But if the 3rd or 4th is better then idk :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warex00 View Post
    So what ipad do you recommend? The ipad 2 seems pretty cheap in a local store. Beeing using the ipad touch for like years, would love just a "bigger" version of it where I can watch movies and brows net. But if the 3rd or 4th is better then idk :P
    The newer one (iPad 3 aka "iPad with retina display") has a much better screen. That's the one I would go for personally, but budget etc can be a factor.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

if you can afford it, i would go w/ the bigger ipad.. the mini is nice, but w/ smartphones getting bigger these days, the gap is closing between tablet and phone..

that being said, if you really like the 7" tablet, one would assume that the next thing that comes out is a ipad mini w/ retina

the surface is nice, but i just don't like WinMo over iOS enough to switch

i will admit that i was a little upset when apple released the ipad "4" only months after the ipad "3".. which is what i have.. if the lightning adapter and better GPU doesn't tickle your whistle, then you could save money and get the ipad "3".. i wouldn't get the 2.. retina is too nice to give up

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    The newer one (iPad 3 aka "iPad with retina display") has a much better screen. That's the one I would go for personally, but budget etc can be a factor.
    iPad 3 is NOT Retina iPad, it is failed, discontinued already product, which didn't really differ from iPad 2. Currently in stores you can get only iPad 2 and Retina one which is simply known as "the new iPad", so-called "iPad 4".

You can always try to get Android ^^ although there's probably nothing better than Retina iPad as of now, maybe specifications are worse than in new Android powerhouses, but in terms of usability and speed, iPad wins undoubtedly.

The iPad 3 does have a Retina display. Main changes from 3 to 4 were the CPU and dock connector.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you have current apple devices and charges, get an ipad 3

if you dont have apple stuff or it's all really old and obsolete anyhow, get the newest ipad

the only reason you should be getting an older version is if you're getting a really good deal on it compared to what retail was. i wouldnt buy anything older than a 3

also, what Jinto said. The processor and dock connector were the only things that changed from the 3 -> 4
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right